Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=firebrick] Ok, unfortunately, I can think of several people who didn't turn in their artwork. So far, these are the contestants:

K.K.C
Chabichou
Bio
Megumi
Pyrophobic
Klinanime1

Thank you for your artwork! ^_^. Sorry, the rest of the contestants are now disqualified.

[b]Ratings[/b]:

[i]Chabichou[/i] [b]8.5/10[/b]
- Nice job, the artwork is very much like the official; try to work smoothing your shading out.

[i]K.K.C[/i] [b]8.3/10[/b]
-O_o. You can draw GIR! [mad propz, lol]

[i]Bio[/i] [b]8/10[/b]
-The face is a bit odd, but the clothing is really excellent.

[i]Megumi[/i] [b]8.9/10[/b]
-Your picture sort of reminds me of pastel-like drawings. It?s very soft looking. But, your mimicking of the real picture is great, you?re just sort of missing the hat and some of the shading.

[i]Pyrophobic[/i] [b]9.9/10[/b]
-I?m guessing that the first one was the fanart, here. Excellent job. Was it done on the computer?

[i]Klinanime1[/i] [b]8/10[/b]
-That?s a pretty picture. :toothy: You got the basics down, but some of the proportions are off.

Chabichou: Sorry for any confusion. ^_^;; I?ll do it date-wise now.[/color]
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Here's thinking I should have reserved my "twenty questions" for that first PM I sent you, maladjusted. ^_^;

I've had an idea for how I want to do my original character piece, but I was a bit unsure as to what format, if any in particular, it would be acceptable to submit it in. So, is it alright to submit, as opposed to the original character drawn once with a background, a series of quick, smaller drawings of that one same original character on a single sheet of paper? It was just a format that took my fancy - is it okay to do things that way?
Posted
[color=firebrick] Very sorry for the delay, everyone, I've been insanely and unexpectedly busy since Friday.

Pyrophobic: ^_^, that's fine. Any format will do, really. But please try to make the picture good-quality instead of random quick sketches.

Well, today marks the beginning of the [b]Original Art[/b] category. The time limit for this category is [b]one week[/b], which means all art is due [b] March 7th, 12:00 AM.[/b] [/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]Do you mean that if we chose to take part in the [i][b]Cartoons[/i][/b] catergory, we have to do both [i][b]Fanart & Original drawing[/i][/b]? When is the deadline? Where do you sign up?

I might be joining..though...[/color]
Posted
[font=Tahoma][size=2][color=sienna]I hope you didn't need a full-body picture... You might have written something about that, but my computer is being to slow to check. [/color][/size][/font]

[size=2][color=#a0522d]EDIT: Yea, it's supposed to look like he's covered in ash.[/color][/size]
Posted
[COLOR="#004a6f"]Okay, here is my entry for the original animé category. I don't have a name for this character or a specific purpose in life. All I know is that she can fight and she has a powerful interchangeable weapon with her. Right now it's a sythe. Hmmm... I guess she looks a bit crazy with it, kind of like a serial killer. Meh...[/COLOR]
Posted
Yay! Original anime: my favorite. This will probably be the only CGed pic I'll enter- and you're lucky I was bored enough today to do that. I didn't spend much time coloring it, (I've discovered the wonders of "multiple" layers and dodge and burning) and I started out with a pencil sketch, so it's a bit messy still, but I really like it. So, here tis.

[IMG]http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/megumi_kitsune/scan0002.png[/IMG]
Posted
Waah! *rushes in with artwork* I did mean to colour one of these images, but my computer mucked up so I had to settle for the images I'd rendered by hand with watercolour pencil (or rather watercolour pencil "lead" applied dead slowly with a little brush -_-')...

Anyways, this character has quite a bit of background, so I won't write too much about him here. His name's Benedict (as the image suggests) and he's a French griffin. Or be that a griffin with a poor French accent. Either way, it has been said of griffins that they have the cunning of eagles and the courage of lions as their physical make-up suggests, but Benedict has neither, despite believing himself to be the most wondrous creature in the universe. He is an army general in the story I'm drafting that includes him, but as soon as the situation gets tough, he starts plotting ways of getting out of that position and emigrating to some peaceful corner of Hawaii without losing any face in the process. That's about all I'll say about him, I think. As I said, I've done a sheet of four images of the same character - sorry they overlap a bit, but I was trying to concentrate them into a small space so as to save on file size.

EDIT: Ach! My computer has cruddied up the resolution! It wasn't supposed to look that squished and fibrous!
Posted
[COLOR="#004a6f"]Maladjusted, when are we going to move on to the next category? We wanted this contest to be a success right? It seems that this thread has been forgotten.[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=firebrick] Sorry again everyone, I was just irresponsible this time. >_>.

So, there's four contestants left. Here are the ratings:

[b]Bio[/b] [i]8/10[/i]
--I like the helmet, it's very cool-looking. ^_^. I think you achieved the ash-texture, although it can be misinterpreted as just shading.

[b]Chabicou[/b] [i]8.6/10[/i]
--I get the feeling that her head is a tiny bit too large, but the rest of her proportions look fine. You might want to work on shading in just one direction instead of many directions.

[b]Megumi[/b] [i]9.3/10[/i]
--I lived up to your 'soft' look again. ^_^. I really love how well the arms and torso were drawn, though the fingers look a bit odd.

[b]Pyrophobic[/b] [i]9.6/10[/i]
--Wow, very nice job with the animal. :P The limbs are excellent and I love the way you shaded it. Or is that markers? *shrugs*

[b]OK, so on to the background category! The first sub-category is 'Background', and you can get the details in my first post. You have [i]four days[/i] to finish this, so all entries are due [i]March 17, 12:00 PM.[/i][/b][/color]
Posted
Hrm, background ... well, excuse the rushed entry. This image is of a building's lobby featured in a sci-book story I'm writing, though annoyingly it looks more like some sort of witch's lair. Never mind.
Posted
[COLOR="#004a6f"]Okay, here is my entry. A classic house; pretty boring, but that's as far as my imagination can go. Shading is pretty bad too but I kind of rushed this one. I wish I could draw trees but I'm terrible at them.[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=firebrick] Sorry, but I'm calling this contest to quits. It's not much of a contest if two people are participating...I'm very sorry if I've upset you guys, but still you deserve a pat on the back for your great art and participating in this contest.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='maladjusted][color=firebrick'] Sorry, but I'm calling this contest to quits. It's not much of a contest if two people are participating...I'm very sorry if I've upset you guys, but still you deserve a pat on the back for your great art and participating in this contest.[/color][/quote][color=#30415d]Aww.. I was really hoping that this contest would pan out. It seemed like a great idea, and you were going about it very nicely, unlike other contests I've seen lately. You were organized and clear. ^_^

*pays his repects to the thread before lashing down with his vengence and sealing it forever*[/color]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...