Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
This one is called fallen, and i wrote it after three photoshop images i made for a class. I might post them later.
The entire thing is first draft so any hints or ideas are welcome.

Fallen
Once amongst the ashes
of the decadent remains
of what used to be life

i stood upon the
shattered buildings
in the heart of the city

and swallowed the sky
with my parched eyes
and withered lips

the wings of the clouds
brushed my gaze away
and propelled me to
the ground

whilst falling
the beauty long lost
bloomed in memories
of amber and soft petals

all at once all that
had been so irrevocably lost
was mine once again
in in this dream i remain

it is a place that defies a
mortals definition of hell
but surpasses his dream
of heaven
Posted
[color=gray]Woohoo VR is back =P, and what a come back into the Poem forum lol.

I really really like the poem.
I do not have anything to say about it exept that i really really like it lol.

Great job ^_~

[size=1]Tis me teh dark_apocalyps btw lol[/size][/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[font=Verdana][size=1]I loved the last stanza. I thought it was brilliant, really. It was a great ending, and it really [i]ended[/i] the poem, if you know what I mean. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]I've seen some of your poems before, and quite liked them, really. They're always very nicely written. While I did like this poem, the ending is what stood out for me. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]The imagery of the poem is great; [i]shattered buildings, swallowed the sky, parched eyes, withered lips.[/i] Very nice. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Well done, VR. And welcome back. [/size][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...