Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hi everyone. I not much of a poet, hell, I'm not a poet at all but I got this inspiration and wrote this. What do you think?

Flying Free

There is a place I call my own
Where I can stand by the sea
And look beyond the things I've known
And dream that I might be free
Like the bird above the trees
Gliding gently on the breeze
I wish that all my life I'd be
Without a care and flying free

But life is not a distant sky
With a cloud without rain
And I can never hope
That I can travel on without pain
Time goes swiftly on it's way
All too soon we've lost today
I cannot wait for skies of blue
Or dream so long that life is through

So life is a song I must sing
A gift of love I must share
And when I see the joy it brings
My spirits sore through the air
Like that bird up in the sky
Life has taught me how to fly
For now I know what I can be
And now my heart is flying free

Well, what do think?
Posted
So pretty! I love it. Only one problem repettive rhyming like, free, be then free. I know they are not next to each other going down but... It's just anoying and using free twice in one verse? Avoid it at all costs!
  • 8 months later...
Guest SilverRiversong
Posted
This is in response to your poem.

Just curious but are you aware that the poem that you "got an inspiration and just wrote" is actually a poem and song writen by Don Besig? It has been for quite a
while, published by Shawnee Publications in 1980. Long enough to be put into school vocal books, sung by many people, etc. It is [I]most[/I] interesting that you happened to have the same stroke of genius...

[QUOTE=RainbowChick]Hi everyone. I not much of a poet, hell, I'm not a poet at all but I got this inspiration and wrote this. What do you think?

Flying Free

There is a place I call my own
Where I can stand by the sea
And look beyond the things I've known
And dream that I might be free
Like the bird above the trees
Gliding gently on the breeze
I wish that all my life I'd be
Without a care and flying free

But life is not a distant sky
With a cloud without rain
And I can never hope
That I can travel on without pain
Time goes swiftly on it's way
All too soon we've lost today
I cannot wait for skies of blue
Or dream so long that life is through

So life is a song I must sing
A gift of love I must share
And when I see the joy it brings
My spirits sore through the air
Like that bird up in the sky
Life has taught me how to fly
For now I know what I can be
And now my heart is flying free

Well, what do think?[/QUOTE]
Posted
[font=Verdana][size=1]SilverRiversong, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Although I do ask that if this happens in future, just PM me. ^.~ Rainbow Chick, we do not under any circumstances, put up with plaigerism. Posting your story on the net requires a lot of trust on the part of the author, and you have broken it.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]A less important issue [considering the perspective] is one that still needs to be hammered home this time; ratings. All threads need ratings. You should all know this by now. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Thread Closed.[/size][/font]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...