Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy U.S Show?


Recommended Posts

Guest StrangeOne
Posted
I was wondering around the interesting world of the internet,
and I heard that there is going to be a final fantasy concert in the LA. :therock:
I like most of the final fantasy music, but Im not too sure if I would go to a concert.
Anyone else have opinions on this? :whoops:
Posted
[url]http://cube.ign.com/articles/492/492987p1.html[/url]

[QUOTE]February 18, 2004 - Square Enix U.S.A. is bringing the musical stylings of its Final Fantasy series to America with a premiere symphony performance at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles on May 10. Titled "Dear Friends - Music From Final Fantasy," the symphony will be performed by the Los Angeles Philharmonic and the Los Angeles Master Chorale. Nobuo Uematsu will compose the two-hour piece.

Nobuo Uematsu has worked on background music for all of the games in the Final Fantasy series. Named as named as one of the "Innovators" in Time Magazine's "Time 100: The Next Wave - Music" feature, Uematsu has been receiving acclaim from outside the video game industry. "Dear Friends" will feature selections from the soundtracks of the Final Fantasy games.

The first Final Fantasy concert was held in Japan in February 2002. With a successful show that sold-out the 5,000 capacity Tokyo International Forum, Square Enix is looking to continue the live performances with seven shows in six different cities. Titled "Tour de Japon - music from Final Fantasy," the concerts will be held in March and April in Japan.

Information about the upcoming L.A. concert will be announced at a later date. Check back for more information.[/QUOTE]

Could be fun, but I wouldn't go even if I could. I'd rather listen to music like that in my home.
Posted
[color=indigo]I think it might be fun to go and actually see it being performed live, but I doubt I'd be willing to actually spend the money on a ticket even if I had the opportunity of being able to get down to LA. I hope they release recordings on CD, though, because I'd definitely be willing to buy that. I remember when I first got the Smashing Live CD of orchestral SSBM music I listened to it about once per day for a couple weeks straight.[/color]
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]I wouldn't mind going to see this live. . and yes, I also wouldn't mind spending the money for it either ^_^

This would be something I would like to get on CD if it were released also. . I am a big fan of gaming music, and though I haven't collected many CDs of gaming music, it's never too late to start. lol [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
Meh....I would go if it weren't so far from me lol.....but the price isn't too bad. I have a few of the soudtracks and I definetly like going to see concerts, so if they come around the Mid-west IM THERE! :wigout:
Posted
If it was me, I wouldn't go because I download all of my music off the internet. Besides, if the concert does come out on cd, it would be pointless on going or spending the time and money on something like that. Considering where I live, I probably wouldn't go anyways.
Posted
[color=indigo]I don't think it would be pointless seeing it live if you could just get a CD instead. Actually being there and hearing the music played is different than simply hearing a recording. To me, it seems like it's more real--you're actually there, watching it being played, hearing it directly, instead of a recorded digital version. Whether that's worth spending the time and money required, though, is another matter. Myself, I don't think I would spend the money, but I don't think it would be pointless if I did.[/color]
Posted
:) Yeah, their finally bringing the live concerts to the US. THANK YOU GOD! I was begining to think I was gonna have to go to Japan with my cousin just to see it. I am so there! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...