OtakuBoards

My newer banner(s)

wiccansamurai

Well, here's my latest. A banner and avatar thing. I really like them.

[IMG]http://myimages.fourvalve.com/miakasetsuna/toyaava.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://myimages.fourvalve.com/miakasetsuna/toyabanner.jpg[/IMG]

This is the first time I've tried cropping, too. Well, anyway, these are both Toya from Ayashi no Ceres. :sleep:

I think the avatar is a little grainy, but it was the best picture I could find. Which is no excuse, but.... Do you think I should give a better border to the banner?

[color=darkslateblue]Heh, I actually think the avatar is pretty nice. The faded look of it is very good, and the font is great too. ^_~

The problem I have with is the banner. It is a bit blurry, and it messes the whole thing up. I see where you were trying to go with it, and if it was clear, it would be beautiful. Also to make the border teeny bit thicker to see.[/color]

The avatar is deffinantly better than the banner. It encompasses the full attributes of the character and puts a nice background in that doesn't look plain and doesn't leave the viewer bored. The colours blend well and it's all warm, which goes well together as opposed to having a cool contrast. It's good.

Now the banner.... you cut him in half, turned it sideways and looks to me that you made it bigger and therefor it become pixelized. Looks boring, bad quality, and doesn't do much aesthetically. It's just lacking... in almost every aspect from balance to space... the only thing it has going for you is the color and it doesn't look like you did much to change what was originally there. Oh and the border thing... please people, unless you are using a backround the same colour as the background of the boards, use a border. It just looks so much better.