OtakuBoards

Utada Hikaru

Sephy's_Grl

[quote name='Sephy's_Grl']While I was surfing the net, I heard that Utada Hikaru was gonna quit her singing career this year. I am unsure about this information, so if anyone can tell me something, please tell me. Thank-you.[/quote]

Quite the opposite. I know she has a "best-of" type album coming out in Japan and she's about to make her American debut sometime eventually as well.

She's been signed to Def Jam records for... probably well over a year now. She was suppsoed to make her American debut a while ago but apparently it never flew. I remember reading an article about when she met President Bush and he had no idea who she was... it was rather funny.

She's way to popular to just quit... that'd be like Ayumi going "ah, I just don't feel like making millions of dollars anymore"... just isn't going to happen.

[quote name='Transtic Nerve']She's been signed to Def Jam records for... probably well over a year now. She was suppsoed to make her American debut a while ago but apparently it never flew.[/quote]

Actually, she has an American site now and her debut is said to be set for sometime this Spring. Her site is here: [url]http://www.utada.com/[/url]

She's just going by UTADA in the states apparently.

Anyway, Transtic makes an excellent point. Utada can't just quit... if she did there would be a huge outcry and the news would be inescapable.

Guest lavalamp
She's not quitting.

Upcoming releases:

. ]

UNTITLED (Movie "CASSHERN" Theme)

Catalog No.: TOCT-4700
Media: CDA
Number of discs (or other units): 1
Release Date: 2004/04/21
Price: 660 Yen

Hikaru Utada's first single in 14 months. Contains the theme song to the movie "Casshern" directed by Kazuaki Kiriya, starring Yusuke Iseya.

.. ]

SINGLE COLLECTION VOL.1

Catalog No.: TOCT-25300
Media: CDA
Number of discs (or other units): 1
Release Date: 2004/03/31
Price: 3059 Yen

The compilation includes all her singles that have been released starting from "Automatic" up to "Colors." Remastered by Ted Jensen.

[url]http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/[/url]

I wouldn't pay attention to things you "hear" on the internet unless they're from a site directly affiliated with the artist/s. By the way, Utada Hikaru has never been one to release at a consistently fast rate.

Rumors like the one you brought up do have a small backing, however. Her mother was also a popular singer, and retired very early. Utada Hikaru, from interviews, has expressed her visions for the future and while they include labcoats and children, she usually doesn't bring her current career into it. Everything is speculation, but as of now, no; she is not quitting.