OtakuBoards

Kill Me Kiss Me

eleanor

[color=firebrick] ...or is it [i]Kiss Me Kill Me[/i]? *shrugs*

I was [strike]stealing[/strike] digging around in my friend's purse when I got ahold of this manga, and I fell in love with its art the moment I saw it. The manga, well, it's not even a manga: it's a manwha, which is a Korean comic. Anyways, the manwha is about two cousins [one girl, one boy] who look [b]exactly[/b] like each other [I had trouble distinguishing them sometimes] and decide to switch identities. So the girl cousin goes off to her counterpart's school with a giant crush on a guy named Kun and the boy cousin goes to an all-girl school. Yes, that means guy in drag. :toothy:

And all sorts of confusion follows and there's some shounen-ai mixed in with the confusion, though I think Kun is gay because he said the male cousin was 'hot' or something...:D

Like I said, I really love the art [Korea=pwns Japan. :p] and the story was interesting. Anyone else read it yet?[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
This manwha is hilarious!!! :D Loved it as soon as I read it! Well, actually, not quite as soon as I read it. The beginning I thought dragged, since I already knew they were going to switch places. Also, they looked so much alike, at first I couldn't tell the difference, and then there were all the little squares, and it looked like chaos, and really annoyed me. But, after the first couple pages were turned, it was awesome! Wow, I loved all the action! Talk about a tough girl! I'm glad that she's so strong, and I'm kinda glad that she kinda turned her affections... Gangsters are awesome!! :D As for Kun...I don't know if he's gay, but he might be. But I'm kinda seeing a possibility for an interesting love triangle instead. I can't wait for the second book! Jung-woo (male cousin) is supposed to fall for someone! :D

[color=firebrick] :P Well, I'm glad she sort of falls for Kun's friend; I personally dislike Kun. :/ Such a jerk.

I heard Jungwoo has longer hair or something in the second book and he's sort of barely connected. I hope it's not true, though, since he's my favorite character along with Kun's friend. [I keep forgetting their names, lol.][/color]

I own the first volume of this one...Its really good...I agree though. I'm glad she likes Kun's friend at the end of the manga, Kuns a jerk. Kun's friend is my favorite character. I forgot his name........

i loved the book, i'm beginging to see more and more man-wa these days. it has plenty of drama, and some of the best comedy i've seen, also the characters are totally awesome, they're actually believable and 3 demensional, and the art work fits the mood of the story perfectly. by the way "Kun's friend's" name is Ga-woon, it's on the cover of the book...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kish+Kith
Manwha is the Korean way to say manga and also the Chinese. My mom told me that "manwha" meant "comic book/graphic novel" in Chinese.
I love Kill me, Kiss me! I read it yesterday, and I think the pages really have alot of life. It's also so~o funny. Tae is such a cool girl. I can't wait till the second volume comes out.

• 3 months later...
Guest unseen
yeah, that manwha's great, it's my first manwha. What I don't understand was what happened Tae after the first volume? She hardly ever shows up :confused:

[quote name='maladjusted][color=firebrick'] Perhaps because Korean and Japanese are two different languages, lol.[/color][/quote]

[color=deeppink][size=1]Indeed.

Lol, but yea, I read Kill Me Kiss Me and really enjoyed it. The plot isn't anything terribly new, gender benders have seen a major popularity boost in recent manga/manwha releases. However, the characters are interesting, I'm actually rooting for Kun. I don't know why, it's just that the other guy (will anyone ever remember his name?) seems kind of stupid to me. Oh well. I'll definitely be following this manwha. ^.^

-Karma[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
This Manga is now my favorite right above Hot Gimmick fruits Basket and Bleach.
I didnt want to read it at first(like I do all manga's)
But from the start I knew I was going to like Guu-ru more than Kun Kang.Ive only read the 1st volume does anyone knoe how many volumes there are?
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Up4anime[/B], you've been a member long enough to know better than to post a new thread without checking the rules to see if you are required to post in an existing thread on the same subject. That being said I have merged your thread with the official thread. Also, considering that your post was the first in a thread, we expect more from our members when creating a thread about a specific anime. For example you could have take the time to explain what the series was about. Your post was far from adequate for starting a thread. I suggest you take a look at the Rules and FAQ on the left sidebar of the forum and read the sticky Otaku Lounge Rules in that area as it has a good example of a quality post. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]