OtakuBoards

Yu-Gi-Oh: Card Releases and Rule Changes

DeathBug

[font=comic sans ms][size=1][color=indigo]The newest issue of [u]Shonen Jump[/u] contains the ten Super and Ultra rares of the next Yu-Gi-Oh expansion, [i]Invasion of Chaos[/i]. If you don?t want to know what they are, don't read any further, because I'll be discussing each of them.

I'll be rating each card off the cuff, as Good, Average, or Poor. I'll also be looking into the possible combos for the cards. I hope you enjoy. ^__^

[b][u]Ultra Rare Cards[/b][/u]

[u]Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning[/u]
Light/Warrior/Effect/8/3000/2500
This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard from play. Once during each of your turns, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:
*Remove 1 monster on the field from play. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.
*If this card destroyed your opponent's monster as a result of battle, it can attack once again in a row.

Well, let's start with the big boys. The BLS-EotB is one of the famed Chaos Monsters, and, IMO, the most powerful. He can eliminate any monster on the field from play, or attack your opponent twice. Either effect is massively powerful, especially given his stats.

He gains all Warrior support, but the Summoning requirements make him a monster that can't just be placed into any deck.

Combos: None, really; this guy doesn't need any help. Be sure to play him in a deck that has plenty of light and dark monsters.

Rating: Good

[u]Dark Magician of Chaos[/u]
Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/8/2800/2600
When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned successfully, you can add 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand. A monster that is destroyed by this monster as a result of battle is removed from play instead of going to the Graveyard. When this card is destroyed or removed from the field, it is removed from play.

Well, now; this is the second Chaos Monster, and he's just as strong as the first. His ability to remove other monsters from the game is similar to the BLS, but his secondary ability, the recursion of a Spell card, is arguably more useful. If you dump him in the Graveyard and revive him with Monster Reborn, you can get your Monster Reborn right back. Or, get back Change of Heart, Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, or whatever cards you might need.

Unfortunately, once he's on the field, you'd better be prepped to keep him there. While there's ways to bring him back into play, it'd still be a good idea to protect him with Trap or Spell cards to allow him to put the hurt on your opponents as long as you can.

[u]Black Tyranno[/u]
Earth/Dinosaur/Effect/7/2600/1800
If the only cards on your opponent's side of the field are Defense Position Monster Cards, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly.

A decent Dino's none to common in the game, but this guy's pretty good. He's not searchable, but the ability to burn through 2600 points each turn more than makes up for it.

Combo this guy with Book of Moon to use his effect, and Super Evolution Medicine to summon him.

Rating: Average

[u]Levia-Dragon - Daedalus[/u]
Water/Sea Serpent/Effect/7/2600/1500
Send "Umi" on your side of the field to the Graveyard to destroy all cards on the field except this card.

Wow. This guy just rocks. He can be summoned with one tribute with A Legendary Ocean (which also counts towards Umi, and can be used with his effect.), and then wipe the entire field. How does a direct attack of 2600 points sound to you?

Obviously, this guy's only use is in Aqua decks. Pack your water wings.

[u]Guardian Angel Joan[/u]
Light/Fairy/Effect/7/2800/2000
When this card destroys a monster and sends it to the Graveyard as a result of battle, increase your Life Points by an amount equal to the original ATK of the destroyed monster.

Saint Joan gets an upgrade, and a very worthy one. The ability to increase LP while simultaneously going on the offensive is unique, as there are few good LP gaining cards. Unfortunately, there is little Fairy support at the moment.

All is not lost, however. The Japanese set following IoC has a great deal of Fairy support, and Joan would fit right in Sanctuary of the Sky decks.

[u]Insect Princess[/u]
Wind/Insect/Effect/6/1900/1200
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, battle positions of all face-up Insect-Type monsters on your opponent's side of the field are changed into Attack Position. Each time this card destroys an Insect-Type monster in battle, increase the ATK of this card by 500 points.

Aww; I wish this card was good. I personally think it looks really cool, but, unfortunately, its applications are almost nil. If it were level four, there might be some hope, but...egh.

I suppose you could combo her with DNA Surgery, but what's the point?

Rating: Bad

[u]Manticore of Darkness[/u]
Fire/Beast-Warrior/Effect/6/2300/1000
During the End Phase of the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard, send 1 Beast, Beast-Warrior or Winged Beast-Type Monster Card from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard to Special Summon this card from the Graveyard.

Now, isn't this one annoying bugger? You don?t even have to normal summon it. discard it via Magic Jammer. Loose it to your opponent's card effects. He just keeps coming back.

With Enraged Battle Ox and Giant Gorilla arriving, Beasts and Beast-Warriors will be entirely viable. Manticore will be a fine pick.

[u]Strike Ninja[/u]
Dark/Warrior/Effect/4/1700/1200
You can remove this card from play until the End Phase of this turn by removing 2 DARK monsters in your Graveyard from play. You can use this effect during either player's turn. You can only use this effect once per turn.

My favorite card from this set. ^__^ It can vanish in a flash, only to reappear next turn. It also gains from Warrior support, which is plentiful. It can survive Regeki, Dark hole, CED, Mirror force, just about anything.

The downside is the rather hefty cost, but there are ways to minimize it. I wrote a detailed analysis of this guy in the old ?Essays of the Cards? thread; look in the old Anime Archives to find it. Strike Ninja is good, but requires some support before hand.

[u]Dimension Fusion[/u]
Pay 2000 Life Points. Both players Special Summon as many of their monsters as possible that have been removed from play.

This is a very interesting card that has several applications. First, know that your opponent must have at least 1 monster removed from play before you can activate it. Second, be wary of the LP cost; 2000 is a bit hefty, so make sure you?re getting at least two good monsters out of the deal. This card requires some very strategic use, but can turn the tide in a duel. Hmm?.perhaps combo it with the Strike Ninja?

[u]Dark Mirror Force[/u]
Normal Trap
You can only activate this card when your opponent's monster declares an attack. Remove all monsters in Defense Position on your opponent's side of the field from play.

This card sucks. It just?sucks. It?s not chainable, and it?s far too situational. Besides, if your opponent is attacking, odds are, all of their monsters are in attack mode. It looks pretty nifty, though, so you could trade it off for something better I you pull it.

[u]Super Rare Cards[/u]

[u]Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness[/u]
Water/Sea Serpent/5/2100/1200
Offer 1 "Torpedo Fish" on your side of the field as a Tribute to destroy 1 monster on the field. Offer 1 "Cannonball Spear Shellfish" on your side of the field as a Tribute to destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on the field.

Ehhh?.this seems like it would be good, but it?s not. First, even with A Legendary Ocean on the field, Goblin Attack Force and the like can kill it. Second, you?ve got to pack Torpedo Fish and spear shellfish in your deck to make use of its effect. TF and SS suck. Besides, to summon these lil? fishies wastes your Monster summon for the turn. Since it?s a one for one trade-off, it?s not worth the effort.

Maybe if his effect worked with any Water-element monster, he?d be better, but no?

Rating: Bad.

[u]Freed the Brave Wanderer[/u]
Light/Warrior/Effect/4/1700/1200
Remove 2 LIGHT monsters in your Graveyard from play to destroy 1 face-up monster on the field with higher ATK than this card. You can only use this effect once per turn.

This card came so close to being good, but falls short. First, even though he?s a Warrior, he wouldn?t work in a Warrior deck; there?s too few Light type warriors. Second, even though he can be used to summon the Chaos Monsters, he wouldn?t work in a Chaos deck, because you don?t want to use up your Light monsters, then have nothing to summon the Chaos beasts with.

The only deck this could really work in would be a total Light deck, but even then, it?s not that good. It can only be used once per turn, Freed has to stay on the field, and you?re loosing two monsters to get rid of one. Too situational.

Rating: Bad (And I?m biased towards Warriors and Light-elementals, too.)

[u]Chaosrider Gustaph[/u]
Wind/Warrior/Effect/4/1400/1500
You can remove up to 2 Spell Cards in your Graveyard from play to increase the ATK of this monster by 300 points for each card removed from play until the end of your opponent's next turn. This effect can only be used once during your turn.

Remember Bazoo, the Soul Eater? Meet his brother. On the one hand, Gustaph?s power up only brings him to 2000 points, as opposed to Bazoo?s 2500. However, what he lacks in power, he makes up in Speed. He can be searched by Sangan, Witch of the Black Forest, Reinforcements of the Army, Flying Kamikari #1, and General Freed ..I think that?s it.

Also, whereas Bazoo eats Monsters, while Gustaph eats Spell card. It?s easier to say good-bye to a Spell card than a monster.

[u]D.D. Scout Plane[/u]
Dark/Machine/Effect/2/800/1200
If this card is removed from play, Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position on your side of the field during the End Phase of this turn.

This is a strict support card. It sucks on his own, but can provide aid for so many monsters. Bazoo. The Chaos Soldier. Strike Ninja. Chaos Emperor Dragon. There are probably others I?m forgetting, but if you use any of the above-mentioned, you might want to place this guy in your deck.

[u]Wild Nature's Release[/u]
Normal Spell
Increase the ATK of 1 face-up Beast-Type or Beast-Warrior-Type Monster on the field by an amount equal to its DEF. Destroy the monster during the End Phase.

With the advent of Mad Dog of Darkness, Manticore, Berserk Gorilla, and, of course, Enraged Battle Ox, Beast decks will be quite the force to deal with. What Limiter Removal is to Machine decks, WNR is to Beast decks. It?s not quite as versatile, but with an Enraged Battle Ox on the field, or a Berserk Gorilla, you?ll be able to lay the smack down, jungle-style.

[u]D. D. Designator[/u]
Normal Spell
Declare 1 card name. Look at your opponent's hand, and if he/she has the declared card in his/her hand, remove that 1 card from play. If he/she doesn't have the declared card in his/her hand, remove 1 random card in your hand from play.

This card has the potential to be devastating, but could backfire on you. Basically, only use this card if you know for sure what your opponent has. It?s a sure-fire way to kill the Sinister Serpent, though.

[u]Reload[/u]
Quick-Play Spell
Add your hand to your Deck and shuffle it. Then draw the same number of cards that you added to your Deck.

Perhaps I?m missing something?but I don?t see the use of this card. Sure, you could get a bad hand, but you don?t have any guarantee that your new hand will be better. You loose one card. Besides?if you?re constantly getting bad hands, you might want to rework your deck.

If anyone can see the use of this card, let me know.

[u]Dedication through Light and Darkness[/u]
Quick-Play Spell
You can only activate this card by offering "Dark Magician" on your side of the field as a Tribute. Select 1 "Dark Magician of Chaos" from your hand, your Graveyard or your deck and Special summon it.

This card has plenty of potential in a Dark Magician deck. Use Skilled Dark Magician to get the Dark Magician out, then get out DCM to wreak some havoc. The best part of this card is its versatility: your DCM can be anywhere in play and you can call it up. Not bad.

[u]Trap Jammer[/u]
Counter Trap
You can only activate this card when your opponent activates a Trap Card during the Battle Phase. Negate the activation of the Trap Card and destroy it.

Well, you?re probably comparing this card to Seven tools of the Bandit; I did too. They?re both about even; this card may not be able to negate a trap at any time, but it?s free. Use at your own discretion.

[u]Big Burn[/u]
Normal Trap
You can activate this card when your opponent activates a card that specifically designates a monster in the Graveyard as a target. Remove all monsters in both players' Graveyards from play.

Wow, this card sucks almost as much as Dark Mirror Force. How does it suck? Let?s count the ways. First, it can only activate when your opponent targets a monster in the Graveyard. Second, it removes cards from graves. Third, it?s very situational. Sure, it can stop many strategies, but what can this do that Soul Release can?t?

As you can see, we?ve got a great new set coming up. ^__^ I didn?t even look at Drillago, Suprising Matsata, or the Chaos Sorcerer. This is one of the coolest sets yet. It?s a good time to play Yu-Gi-Oh.[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=#503F86]The Secret Rares are [spoiler]Chaos Emperor Dragon and Dark Invader, in case anyone's interested.

Chaos Emperor Dragon -Envoy of the End-
Dark/Dragon/8/3000/2500
This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 LIGHT and DARK monster in your Graveyard from play. Pay 1000 Life Points to place all cards in each player's hand and on the Field into the Graveyard. Do 300 damage to your opponent for each card placed into the Graveyard by this effect.

Dark Invader
Dark/Fiend/8/2900/2500
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot activate Quick-Play Spell cards.[/spoiler]

I'm really looking forward to this next set, perhaps more than any of the others I've been waiting for The Dark Magician of Chaos for some time- he's been a favourite card of mine for ages and it's great to finally get him translated into English. It'll be more interesting when some cards are made to counter the two most powerful Chaos monsters, though. I expect they'll be dominating playing fields for some time...[/COLOR]

These are some really powerful cards for sure, not like in Mag. Force when Dark Magician Girl somehow made it as an unattainably rare card. Its funny because I have so many cards, but these new boosters come out and I can't resist them. I just hope to snag one of the chaos monsters somehow, hopefully luck will be on my side without emptying my wallet too much.

Off topic, does anyone know yet what cards are in the new English Yugi and Kaiba starter decks?

[color=#503f86]I changed the title of the thread to make it more universal- there's no actual Yu-Gi-Oh forum anymore, so the fewer threads the easier they are to organise.

This is a complete list of everything in the new Evolution Decks:

[size=1][color=blue]Yugi:

SYE-001 Dark Magician [Spellcaster] The ultimate wizard in terms of attack and defense. ATK/2500 DEF/2100 (SUPER RARE)

SYE-002 Mystical Elf [Spellcaster] A delicate elf that lacks offense, but has a terrific defense backed by mystical power. ATK/800 DEF/2000

SYE-003 Feral Imp [Fiend] A playful little fiend that lurks in the dark, waiting to attack an unwary enemy. ATK/1300 DEF/1400

SYE-004 Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #1 [Dragon] A dragon commonly found guarding mountain fortresses. Its signature attack is a sweeping dive from out of the blue. ATK/1400 DEF/1200

SYE-005 Summoned Skull [Fiend] A fiend with dark powers for confusing the enemy. Among the Fiend Type monsters, this monster boasts considerable force. ATK/2500 DEF/1200

SYE-006 Beaver Warrior [Beast-Warrior] What this creature lacks in size it makes up for in defense when battling in the prairie. ATK/1200 DEF/1500

SYE-007 Gaia the Fierce Knight [Warrior] A knight whose horse travels faster than the wind. His battle-charge is a force to be reckoned with. ATK/2300 DEF/2100

SYE-008 Celtic Guardian [Warrior] An elf who learned to wield a sword, he baffles enemies with lightning-swift attacks. ATK/1400 DEF/1200

SYE-009 Great White [Fish] A giant white shark with razor sharp teeth. ATK/1600 DEF/800

SYE-010 Giant Soldier of Stone [Rock] A giant warrior made of stone. A punch from this creature has earth shaking results. ATK/1300 DEF/2000

SYE-011 Mystic Clown [Fiend] Nothing can stop the mad attack of this powerful creature. ATK/1500 DEF/1000

SYE-012 Neo the Magic Swordsman [Spellcaster] A dimensional drifter who not only practices sorcery, but is also a sword and martial arts master. ATK/1700 DEF/1000

SYE-013 Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts [Beast] This monster moves so fast that it looks like an illusion to mortal eyes. ATK/1500 DEF/1200

SYE-014 Warrior Dai Grepher [Warrior] The warrior who can manipulate dragons. Nobody knows his mysterious past. ATK/1700 DEF/1600

SYE-015 Dark Blade [Warrior] They say he is a dragon manipulating warrior from the dark world. His attack is tremendous, using his great swords with vicious power.

SYE-016 Wall of Illusion [Fiend/Effect] The monster attacking this monster is returned to its owner?s hand. The damage calculation is applied normally. ATK/1000 DEF/1850

SYE-017 Man-Eating Bug [Insect/Effect] FLIP: Destroy 1 monster on the field. ATK/450 DEF/600

SYE-018 Sangan [Fiend/Effect] When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, select 1 monster with an ATK of 1500 or less from your Deck, show it to your opponent, and add it to your hand. Then shuffle your Deck. ATK/1000 DEF/600

SYE-019 Kuriboh [Fiend/Effect] Discard this card from your hand to make the Battle Damage inflict to your Life Points by 1 of your opponent?s monsters 0. This effect can only be activated during your opponent?s Battle Phase. ATK/300 DEF/200

SYE-020 Giant Rat [Beast/ Effect] When this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you can Special Summon 1 EARTH monster with an ATK of 1500 or less in face up Attack Position from your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck. ATK/1400 DEF/1450

SYE-021 Sonic Bird [Winged Beast/Effect] When this card is Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned, you can select 1 ritual spell card from your deck and add it to your hand. Then shuffle your Deck. ATK/1400 DEF/1000

SYE-022 Zombyra the Dark [Warrior/Effect] This card cannot attack a player directly. Each time this card destroys 1 monster as a result of battle, decrease the ATK of this card by 200 points. ATK/2100 DEF/500

SYE-023 Royal Magical Library [Spellcaster/Effect] Each time you or your opponent activates 1 Spell Card, put 1 Spell counter on this card (max.3). Remove 3 spell counters from this card to draw 1 card from your Deck. ATK/0 DEF/200

SYE-024 Black Luster Soldier [Warrior/Ritual] This monster can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, ?Black Luster Ritual?. You must also offer monsters whose total level stars equal 8 or more as a Tribute from the field or your hand.

ATK/3000 DEF/2500 (ULTRA RARE)

SYE-025 Black Luster Ritual [Spell Card] This card is used to Ritual Summon ?Black Luster Soldier?. You must also offer monsters whose total level stars equal 8 or more as a Tribute from the field or your hand. (SUPER RARE)

SYE-026 Dark Hole [Spell Card] Destroy all monsters on the field.

SYE-027 Dian Keto the Cure Master [Spell Card] Increase your Life Points by 1000 points.

SYE-028 Fissure [Spell Card] Destroy 1 face up monster with the lowest ATK on your opponent?s side of the field.

SYE-029 Monster Reborn [Spell Card] Select 1 monster from either you or your opponent?s Graveyard. Special Summon the selected monster on your side of the field.

SYE-030 Change of Heart [Spell Card] Select 1 monster on your opponent?s side of the field. Take control of the selected monster until the End Phase of this turn.

SYE-031 Last Will [Spell Card] You can only use this card?s effect once, and only during this turn. When a monster on your side of the field is sent to your Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 monster with an ATK of 1500 points or less from your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck.

SYE-032 Card Destruction [Spell Card] You and your opponent discard your entire hands and draw the same number of cards from your respective Decks that you discarded.

SYE-033 Remove Trap [Spell Card] Select 1 face-up Trap Card on the field and destroy it.

SYE-034 The Reliable Guardian [Spell Card] Increase 1 face-up monster?s DEF by 700 points until the end of this turn.

SYE-035 Axe of Despair [Spell Card] A monster equipped with this card increases its ATK by 1000 points. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, if you offer 1 monster on your side of the field as a Tribute, this card returns to the top of your deck.

SYE-036 Malevolent Nuzzler [Spell Card] A monster equipped with this card increases its ATK by 700 points. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, if you pay 500 life points, this card returns to the top of your Deck.

SYE-037 Mystical Space Typhoon [Spell Card] Destroy 1 spell or Trap Card on the field.

SYE-038 Mystic Plasma Zone [Spell Card] Increase the ATK of all DARK monsters by 500 points and decrease their DEF by 400 points.

SYE-039 Swords of Revealing Light [Spell Card] Flip all face down monsters on your opponent?s side of the field face up. This card remains face up on the field for 3 of your opponent?s turns. As long as this card remains face up on the field, your opponent cannot declare an attack

SYE-040 Pot of Greed [Spell Card] Draw 2 cards from your Deck.

SYE-041 Trap Hole [Trap Card] When your opponent Normal Summons or Flip Summons a monster with an ATK of 1000 points or more, destroy the monster.

SYE-042 Waboku [Trap Card] Make all Battle Damage inflicted by monsters on your opponent?s side of the field 0 during this turn.

SYE-043 Magic Jammer [Trap Card] Discard 1 card from your hand to negate the activation of a Spell Card and destroy it.

SYE-044 Seven Tools of the Bandit [Trap Card] Pay 1000 of your Life points to negate the activation of a Trap Card and destroy it.

SYE-045 Spellbinding Circle [Trap Card] Select 1 monster. As long as this card remains face up on the field, the selected monster cannot attack or change its battle position. When the selected monster is destroyed, this card is also destroyed.

SYE-046 The Eye of Truth [Trap Card] As long as this card remains face up on the field, your opponent must show his/her hand. Your opponent increases his/her life points by 1000 points during each of his/her standby phases if he/she has a spell card in his/her hand.

SYE-047 Backup Soldier [Trap Card] You can activate this card when there are 5 or more Monster Cards in your Graveyard. Select up to 3 monster cards with an ATK of 1500 points or less (except Effect Monster Cards) from your Graveyard and add them to your hand.

SYE-048 Shift [Trap Card] You can activate this card when your opponent designates 1 monster on your side of the field as a target of a spell, trap, or battle attack. Switch the target to another monster on your side of the field.

SYE-049 Disappear [Trap Card] Select 1 card from your opponent?s Graveyard and remove it from display.

SYE-050 Raigeki Break [Trap Card] Discard 1 card from your hand to destroy 1 card on the field.[/color]

[color=red]Kaiba:

SKE-001 Blue-Eyes White Dragon [Dragon] This legendary dragon is a powerful engine of destruction. Virtually invincible, very few have faced this awesome creature and lived to tell the tale. ATK/3000 DEF/2500 (SUPER RARE)

SKE-002 Battle Ox [Beast-Warrior] A monster with tremendous power, it destroys enemies with a swing of its axe. ATK/1700 DEF/1000

SKE-003 Koumori Dragon [Dragon] A vicious, fire-breathing dragon whose wicked flame corrupts the souls of its victims. ATK/1500 DEF/1200

SKE-004 Rogue Doll [Spellcaster] A deadly doll gifted with mystical power, it is particularly powerful when attacking against dark forces. ATK/1600 DEF/1000

SKE-005 Kojikocy [Warrior] A man-hunter with powerful arms that can crush boulders. ATK/1500 DEF/1200

SKE-006 Uraby [Dinosaur] Fast on its feet, this dinosaur rips enemies to shreds with its sharp claws. ATK/1500 DEF/800

SKE-007 Mystic Horseman [Beast] Half man and half horse, this monster is known for its extreme speed. ATK/1300 DEF/1550

SKE-008 Ryu-Kishin Powered [Fiend] A gargoyle enhanced by the powers of darkness. Very sharp talons make it a worthy opponent. ATK/1600 DEF/1200

SKE-009 La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp [Fiend] A genie of the lam that?s at the beck and call of its master. ATK/1800 DEF/1000

SKE-010 Skull Red Bird [Winged Beast] This monster swoops down and attacks with a rain of knives stored in its wings. ATK/1550 DEF/1200

SKE-011 Hyozanryu [Dragon] A dragon created from a massive diamond that sparkles with blinding light. ATK/2100 DEF/2800

SKE-012 Opticlops [Fiend] A one-eyed giant that serves the ?Dark Ruler Ha Des?, it skewers its enemies with its sharp horn, shattering them to pieces. ATK/1800 DEF/1700

SKE-013 The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave [Dragon] A huge dragon dwelling in a cave. It is horrible when it gets angry, although it is usually quiet. It is said to preserve certain treasures. ATK/1300 DEF/2000

SKE-014 Luster Dragon #2 [Dragon] This dragon feeds on emerald. Enchanted by this monster even when attacked, few people live to tell of its beauty. ATK/2400 DEF/1400

SKE-015 Kaiser Sea Horse [Sea Serpent/ Effect] If you Tribute Summon a LIGHT monster, you can treat this 1 monster as 2 Tribute Monsters for the Tribute Summon. ATK/1700 DEF/1650 (ULTRA RARE)

SKE-016 Lord of D. [Spellcaster/ Effect] As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all Dragon-Type monsters cannot be targeted by Spell Cards, Trap Cards, or effects of monsters that designate a target. ATK/1200 DEF/1100

SKE-017 Mysterious Puppeteer [Warrior Effect] Each time you or your opponent Normal Summons or Flip Summons a monster, increase your Life Points by 500 points. ATK/1000 DEF/1500

SKE-018 Trap Master [Warrior/Effect] FLIP: Select 1 Trap Card on the field and destroy it. If the selected card is Set, pick up and see the card. If it is a Trap Card, it is destroyed. If it is a Spell Card, return it to its original position. ATK/500 DEF/1100

SKE-019 Hane-Hane [Beast/Effect] FLIP: Select 1 monster on the field and return it to its owner?s hand. ATK/450 DEF/500

SKE-020 Witch of the Black Forest [SpellcasterEffect] When thiscard is sent from the field to the Graveyard, select 1 monster with a DEF of 1500 or less from your Deck, show it to your opponent, and add it to your hand. Then shuffle your Deck. ATK/1100 DEF/1200

SKE-021 Mystic Tomato [Plant/Effect] When this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you can Special Summon 1 DARK monster with an ATK of 1500 or less in face-up Attack Position from your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck.

ATK/1400 DEF/1100

SKE-022 Mad Sword Beast [Dinosaur/Effect] When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of your opponent?s Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent?s Life Points. ATK/1400 DEF/1200

SKE-023 Spirit Ryu [Dragon/Effect] You can only activate this effect during your Battle Step if this card battles during your turn. Discard 1 Dragon-Type monster from your hand to the Graveyard to increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 1000 points until the End Step. ATK/1000 DEF/1000

SKE-024 Paladin of White Dragon [Dragon/Ritual/Effect] This monster can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, ?White Dragon Ritual.: You must also offer monsters whose total Level Stars equal 4 or more as a Tribute from the field or your hand. When this monster attacks a face-down Defense Position monster, destroy the face-down monster immediately with this card?s effect without flipping it face-up or damage calculation. You can Special Summon 1 ?Blue eyes White Dragon? from your hand or your Deck by offering this card as a Tribute during your Main Phase. (Blue-Eyes White Dragon cannot attack during that turn.) ATK/1900 DEF/1200

SKE-025 White Dragon Ritual [Spell Card] This card is used to Ritual Summon ?Paladin of White Dragon?. You must also offer monsters whose total Level Stars equal 4 or more as a Tribute from the field or your hand.

SKE-026 Ookazi [Spell Card] Inflict 800 points of Damage to your opponent?s Life Points.

SKE-027 Fissure [Spell Card] Destroy 1 face up monster with the lowest ATK on your opponent?s side of the field.

SKE-028 De-Spell [Spell Card] Select 1 Spell Card on the field and destroy it. If the selected card is Set, pick up and see the card. If it is a Spell Card, it is destroyed. If it is a Trap Card, return it to its original position.

SKE-029 Monster Reborn [Spell Card] Select 1 monster from either you or your opponent?s Graveyard. Special Summon the selected monster on your side of the field.

SKE-030 The Inexperienced Spy [Spell Card] Select and see 1 card in your opponent?s hand.

SKE-031 The Flute of Summoning Dragon [Spell Card] You can only activate this card when ?Lord of D.? is face-up on the field. Special Summon up to 2 dragon-type monsters from your hand to your side of the field.

SKE-032 Change of Heart [Spell Card] Select 1 monster on your opponent?s side of the field. Take control of the selected monster until the End Phase of this turn.

SKE-033 Soul Exchange [Spell Card] Select 1 monster on your opponent?s side of the field. When you offer your monster as a Tribute, offer the selected monster in place of 1 of your monsters. During this turn, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase.

SKE-034 Mountain [Spell Card] Increase the ATK and DEF of all Dragon, Winged Beast, and Thunder-Type monsters by 200 points.

SKE-035 Tribute to The Doomed [Spell Card] Discard 1 card from your hand. Select 1 monster on the field and destroy it.

SKE-036 Rush Recklessly [Spell Card] Increase 1 face-up monster?s ATK by 700 points until the end of this turn.

SKE-037 Megamorph [Spell Card] While your Life Points are lower than your opponent?s, double the original ATK of a monster equipped with this card. While your Life Points are higher, halve the original ATK.

SKE-038 Nobleman of Crossout [Spell Card] Destroy 1 face-down monster and remove it from play. If the monster is a Flip Effect Monster, both players must check their respective Decks and remove all monsters of the same name from play. Then shuffle the Decks.

SKE-039 Premature Burial [Spell Card] Pay 800 Life points. Select 1 Monster Card from your Graveyard, Special Summon it on the field in face-up Attack Position, and equip it with this card. When this card is destroyed, the monster is also destroyed.

SKE-040 Fairy Meteor Crush [Spell Card] When a monster equipped with this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent?s Life Points.

SKE-041 Shadow Spell [Trap Card] Select 1 face-up monster on your opponent?s side of the field. Decrease the ATK of the selected monster by 700 points. The monster cannot attack or change its battle position. When the selected monster is destroyed or removed from the field, this card is also destroyed. (SUPER RARE)

SKE-042 Trap Hole [Trap Card] When your opponent Normal Summons or Flip Summons a monster with an ATK of 1000 points or more, destroy the monster.

SKE-043 Just Desserts [Trap Card] Inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent?s Life Points for each monster on your opponent?s side of the field.

SKE-044 Gift of the Mystical Elf [ Trap Card] Increase your Life points by 300 points for each monster on the field.

SKE-045 Dust Tornado [Trap Card] Destroy 1 spell or Trap Card on your opponent?s side of the field. You can then Set 1 Spell or Trap Card from your hand.

SKE-046 Light of Intervention [Trap Card] Monster Cards cannot be Set face down. Monsters Set in Defense Position are Normal Summoned in face up Defense position.

SKE-047 Jar of Greed [Trap Card] Draw 1 card from your Deck.

SKE-048 Riryoku Field [Trap Card] Negate the activation of a Spell Card that designates 1 monster on the field as a target and destroy the Spell Card.

SKE-049 Burst Breath [Trap Card] Offer 1 Dragon-Type monster on your side of the field as a Tribute to destroy all face-up monsters on the field whose DEF is equal to or lower than the ATK of the Tribute monster.

SKE-050 D. Tribe [Trap Card] All monsters on your side of the field are treated as Dragon Types until the End Phase of this turn.[/color][/size]

As you can see, there's not a huge amount of difference between these and the original Starter Decks, with the exeption of better support and offense Spells/Traps/Monsters.

The more interesting and controversial news I found out today is that from March 1st in the Japanese CCG, the following cards will be banned from play (i.e. zero per Deck, as with the God Cards):

Injection Fairy Lily
Cyber Jar
Fiber Jar
Yata-Garasu
Delinquent Duo
Painful Choice
Change of Heart
Raigeki
Harpie's Feather Duster
Imperial Order

So lots of developments in the game, then. The new sets should add a little diversity, although the Evolution Decks don't seem to add very much more than Kaiser Seahorse to the game: The Black Luster Soldier is great as a Ritual Monster on its own, but you'd be better off with the Chaos Soldier for its summon requirements and effect anyway.[/color]

[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]

The more interesting and controversial news I found out today is that from March 1st in the Japanese CCG, the following cards will be banned from play (i.e. zero per Deck, as with the God Cards):

Injection Fairy Lily
Cyber Jar
Fiber Jar
Yata-Garasu
Delinquent Duo
Painful Choice
Change of Heart
Raigeki
Harpie's Feather Duster
Imperial Order

So lots of developments in the game, then. The new sets should add a little diversity, although the Evolution Decks don't seem to add very much more than Kaiser Seahorse to the game: The Black Luster Soldier is great as a Ritual Monster on its own, but you'd be better off with the Chaos Soldier for its summon requirements and effect anyway.[/color][/QUOTE]

I think that's kind of crazy, but seeing as how its from the Shonen Jump in Japan I guess its official. But I still think the decision is crazy, plus I think UD won't ban those cards until we get more of a bigger metagame other than just booster packs, I mean there are some 200 odd Promotional cards sitting over in Japan just ripe for the picking. So I think that banning those cards over here won't happen for another two years or so. I mean guys the JP game was well established around 1999/2000. The English game wasn't very well established until 2001, but the restricted list has followed the JP list very close in suit. But, I still stick by my guns and say that the banning of the mentioned cards will not happen until this game is established its place even further here, but that's just me.

EDIT-Sorry for the crappy post last night. I was up very late and my brain was going kaput on me.

[COLOR=#503F86]Remember your post quality, guys!

Domon- I understand being annoyed at the rule changes but try and make your posts more coherent, please. That was rather difficult to read, and having been here so long I know you can present yourself better than that.

Kuyaka- Try and put more thought into your posts- that was bordering on spam as it has litle relevance to the topic at hand save for it actually mentioning Yu-Gi-Oh.

Anyway, the information about the banned cards was from Japan's Shounen Jump. I doubt they'd be lying to millions of Yu-Gi-Oh fans for a laugh. I can understand their reasoning, but to me cards like the Chaos Emperor Dragon seem far more dangerous than those. But as I'm not a tournament duelist I don't see the abuse these cards get so much. With the Dark Magician of Chaos, all you need to do is bring back Raigeki from your Graveyard and you can deal 2800 Direct Damage; Cyber Jar makes Chaos Emperor Dragon duels last only one turn and Fiber Jar's just plain annoying. Imperial Order doesn't seem too bad to me, though, but there's not anything much I can do about it by complaining. Besides, these rules won't come into force in the English CCG for ages yet.[/COLOR]

Why does everyone think these changes won't affect the English game that quickly? At the rate UD's releasing card, the English game will probably have caught up with the Japanese game by the time of the World Tournament in Summer...which means these changes will be enforced in the English game very soon. The sooner the better, in fact; it means Control decks will be crippled, and we can perhaps see a bit more originality in tournament decks. Even in Japan, Disruption is dominating...so it makes sense to weaken them this way, since releasing anti-Disruption hasn't worked so far.

And it's not as if it's impossible to find alteratives to run in place of these cards. In fact, this frees up deck space and allows people to be more creative. The spaces these cards would've taken up almost by default are now open to new cards. If it does change every 6 months, even better; the metagame will be slower to stagnate. It won't cause the game to die, because so many players have been wanting this kind of change to stop the game getting tedious.

I'm getting myself a folder as a result, so my Yata and Cyber Jar can retire in style, watch the bowls and remember the good old days. :D

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]I was disapoiinted and confused by the Evo decks; they only gave us two new cards when they promised three. (Make the DM and the BEWD [b]common[/b], not super rare!)

I was confused because several of the cards were from Magician's Force and Legacy of Darkness; I thought it would have made more sense to get more cards from the discontinued sets, rather than the new ones. I'll probably get the Kaiba deck, though; Paladin o f White Dragon, Premature B urial, Nobleman of Crossout...

I must agree that the restrictions seem like a good idea. Even though I always use six of those cards in my Warrior decks, I think that anything that causes a shake-up in the scene is a good one. Progress is bred from discourse, after all.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=DeathBug][font=comic sans ms][size=1][color=indigo][u]Dark Magician of Chaos[/u]
Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/8/2800/2600
When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned successfully, you can add 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand. A monster that is destroyed by this monster as a result of battle is removed from play instead of going to the Graveyard. When this card is destroyed or removed from the field, it is removed from play.

Well, now; this is the second Chaos Monster, and he's just as strong as the first. His ability to remove other monsters from the game is similar to the BLS, but his secondary ability, the recursion of a Spell card, is arguably more useful. If you dump him in the Graveyard and revive him with Monster Reborn, you can get your Monster Reborn right back. Or, get back Change of Heart, Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, or whatever cards you might need.

Unfortunately, once he's on the field, you'd better be prepped to keep him there. While there's ways to bring him back into play, it'd still be a good idea to protect him with Trap or Spell cards to allow him to put the hurt on your opponents as long as you can.

Rating: Good[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'll admit that supporting this guy can be hard but, before he gets restricted there is a very evil combo you can pull it off. It requires you to dump three of him in the Graveyard, then revive all three but with the third one get back either HFD or Raigeki and clear your opponent's field and then attack for 8400 damage in one turn. To me that's another cheap OTK -_- oh well, its a cool one instead of Magic Scientist.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DeathBug][font=comic sans ms][size=1][color=indigo][u]Insect Princess[/u]
Wind/Insect/Effect/6/1900/1200
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, battle positions of all face-up Insect-Type monsters on your opponent's side of the field are changed into Attack Position. Each time this card destroys an Insect-Type monster in battle, increase the ATK of this card by 500 points.

Aww; I wish this card was good. I personally think it looks really cool, but, unfortunately, its applications are almost nil. If it were level four, there might be some hope, but...egh.

I suppose you could combo her with DNA Surgery, but what's the point?

Rating: Bad[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]O_o;; You can use this little girl in tandem with Pinch Hopper, which is also coming out in IOC. Sac Pinch Hopper for Insect Princess and and then you could get out a higher level Insect card like oh say Ultimately Perfect Great Moth. Then you could really go to town on your opponent.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=DeathBug][font=comic sans ms][size=1][color=indigo][u]Dark Mirror Force[/u]
Normal Trap
You can only activate this card when your opponent's monster declares an attack. Remove all monsters in Defense Position on your opponent's side of the field from play.

This card sucks. It just?sucks. It?s not chainable, and it?s far too situational. Besides, if your opponent is attacking, odds are, all of their monsters are in attack mode. It looks pretty nifty, though, so you could trade it off for something better I you pull it.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]I'll agree to an extent that this card can suck if used improperly. But I see it this way, once we get Total Defense Shogun over here this card will be wanted because Shogun can bypass regular Mirror Force since he can attack while in Defense mode. I definetly suggest you hold onto it once you get it, just wait for Total Defense Shogun to come out then you'll have a use for this card.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=DeathBug][font=comic sans ms][size=1][color=indigo][u]Reload[/u]
Quick-Play Spell
Add your hand to your Deck and shuffle it. Then draw the same number of cards that you added to your Deck.

Perhaps I?m missing something?but I don?t see the use of this card. Sure, you could get a bad hand, but you don?t have any guarantee that your new hand will be better. You loose one card. Besides?if you?re constantly getting bad hands, you might want to rework your deck.

If anyone can see the use of this card, let me know.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]This is one of those cards that you run three of just so you can annoy the heck out of your opponent. Plus I could guess that you could use it with Skilled Dark Magician/Skilled White Magician to get Dark Magician/Buster Blader out quicker or something along those lines.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=DeathBug][font=comic sans ms][size=1][color=indigo][u]Big Burn[/u]
Normal Trap
You can activate this card when your opponent activates a card that specifically designates a monster in the Graveyard as a target. Remove all monsters in both players' Graveyards from play.

Wow, this card sucks almost as much as Dark Mirror Force. How does it suck? Let?s count the ways. First, it can only activate when your opponent targets a monster in the Graveyard. Second, it removes cards from graves. Third, it?s very situational. Sure, it can stop many strategies, but what can this do that Soul Release can?t?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]It can counter a Monster Reborn faster, especially when its your opponent's turn. Plus it could seriously kill off Chaos Soldier/Dragon decks. Most definetly Emperor Dragon decks because as soon as someone used its effect they would attempt to then revive it, that's then when you spring your trap and tell them to kiss it goodbye.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='DeathBug]As you can see, we?ve got a great new set coming up. ^__^ I didn?t even look at Drillago, Suprising Matsata, or the Chaos Sorcerer. This is one of the coolest sets yet. It?s a good time to play Yu-Gi-Oh.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]

Please Domon, when you,re only commenting bits, would you mind not quoting 3 pages worth of post ?;)

On the subject of Big Burn, I'm pretty sure you can spring him on cards like Dark Necrofear: they target *monsters to be removed from the game *thinks* Or is it considered a payment? :( I don't know!

[quote name='Kuyaka][B][COLOR=Purple][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]For anyone that likes Yu-Gi-Oh that's a pretty okay thing I guess. And let's see, I have Yu-Gi-Oh volumes 1 through 4...... so.... I don't know what this is all about!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR'][/B][/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]If you don't know what this is about, then please don't reply in this thread and spam.[/color][/size]

Guest Asheron
Ah, finally, the arrival of the Messengers of Chaos to the English TCG. Good God they're gonna get abused. As the two most powerful monsters in the game, building a deck around them shouldn't be too hard for even unskilled players. The only way to defeat a good Chaos deck is to rush them fast before Chaos can be summoned with a prominent aggro deck, such as one of mine, hand control, and of course, DDVD, but the English game doesn't have DDVD ROTFLMAO!

The unrestricted period of the Chaos monsters is probably the worst metagame you will find this game has ever had. It will get boring just watching players YOU KNOW are unskilled just think they're tough because they packed thurr deck with 3 CEDs and 3 Soldiers and are ready to annihilate every other deck archtype. An early Chaos summoning is usually the end for the unexperienced player so in all sincerity, good luck English TCG players.

Anyway just to get this outa the way, things to look out for and KNOW that your opponent will have in thurr Chaos deck(other than CED/CSA/BMoC):

Distressing Choice
Dimensional Warrior Girl
Yatagarasu(if it runs CED)
Lots of drawing power(Reload, Mirage)
Possibly Hand Obliteration(that trend'll fade)
Soul-Hunting Spirit
Magic Reflector Reflect Bounder
If they're desperate for good light mons, Saint Magician(Magician of Faith)
When Blade Knight comes out...Blade Knight
Possibly a few Kuribo
staple traps..
and yeah...it really depends, since Chaos is an archtype people can go several directions with this: Chaos Aggro, Chaos Rush, One-Turn Kill Chaos, or Chaos Control.

Chaos control would be the most popular of these in the JP meta, so I don't know what's gonna happen here. If you do see a Chaos control, hand disruption combined with stallers and the Chaos Messengers are gonna hurt.

The rush isn't too bad, although you might wanna look out at the list above, plus some Demon Soldiers or an Orc which is better suited for this deck(do the damage, get killed to be Chaos fodder).

Note: When DDVD comes out, watch out for a Chaos DDVD deck...it'll hurt.--;;

CED + Reversed Worlds works well
CED effect w/ searcher to Yata game over.
CED effect w/ searcher to Blue Demon Ghost(309) ouch..
CED effect w/ Interdimensional Space Transpoter ouch...

OH and BTW, for you guys that are OVERLOOKING a VERY good monster in this set, the Red Flower Beast - Da Iiza is a deadly card.

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms][i]No es verdad[/i], Asheron. I only looked at the Ultra and super rares purposefully; to have looked at every good card would have taken forever. RFB-DI is going to be very overlooked in the english game, because you actually have to build a deck around it. Most ENG players aren't willing to play anything that doesnt' conform to their precious hand disruption/beatdown/Yata hybrids. --; [/color][/size][/font]

Guest Asheron
Well that's because people really don't know the standard cards to put in a Da-Iiza deck. This is when you take your Dimension Pods and your Female Fire Assassins, along with other mass-removal stuff, Soul Release etc. and surprise your opponent like crazy...however....its the age of the unrestricted Chaos messengers so good luck in this crappy phase of the English metagame XD...a REALLY good aggro deck like my earth aggro crushed every Chaos deck it faced so maybe I'm overhyping it ^^;;