OtakuBoards

Harry Potter: Many Decades Past

Ryu_Sakura

[COLOR=DeepPink]Blaire glanced around, she was new at Hogwarts, and yet to be sorted. Gossip was all round her talkings of a famous teacher, some Harry Potter. She sighed; no one she knew was going here. ?Might as well make friends?? She walked over to a group of girls about her age and smiled. ?Hello, I?m Blaire.?

?Ok. Come on, I told you we shouldn?t hang around the first years, they always think we?re new!? The oldest said sourly. The others nodded then walked very quickly away.

Blaire sighed, ?Another day another enemy.? She shook her head; no way was she going to make friends.

A young lady stepped up to the doors. She was dressed in a wonderful black robe; her hat was stunningly shard, her glasses shined without a speck of dirt. She open the doors. ?Before you all enter, I must ask of one thing, first years in first! Sorting shall be done in secret!?

Whispers sped around, ?Who is that?? all the first years asked.

?Miss. Hermione Granger.? Replied all the second and third years, the older students just ignored them.

Blaire joined the other first years walking in, until Miss. Granger stopped her. ?Will you come with me?? Blaire nodded, wondering what she did wrong. ?Oh, no! You did nothing wrong, I was just curious if you had training in the arts a little already, your power is well controlled.?

?What do you mean? I?ve never used magic, I admit I have the ability to use telekinesis, but that isn?t a witch?s power, it?s a human?s brain capacity extended to beyond the first plane, reality, onto the next, energy.? Blaire grinned, she loved telling people they were wrong and correcting them.

?Ah, but it is, a witch?s power comes from the energy, but their brain is not connected right to it like yours is along with other users of telekinesis.? Miss. Granger smiled, and then shoved Blaire along. ?Don?t want to be late do you?? They entered a large room; the students were sitting down awaiting the ceremony. A beaten up hat was sitting on a stool.

?Now, that you?ve arrived, I shall start.? It cleared its throat and began to sing,

?Oh, you may not think I?m pretty,
But don?t judge me on what you see,
I?ll eat myself if you can find,
A smarter hat then me.
You can keep you bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I?m the Hogwarts Sorting Hat,
And I can cap them all.
There?s nothing hidden in you head,
The Sorting Hat can?t see,
So try me on and I will tell you,
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
There they are just loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuff?s are true,
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet wise old Ravenclaw,
If you?ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin,
You?ll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don?t be afraid!
And don?t get in a flap!
You?re in safe hands (although I have none)
For I?m a Thinking Cap!?

?Alright.? Miss. Granger looked at her list ?Abeler, Kiataa.? Kiataa walked up and put on the hat.

?HUFFLEPUFF!? It shouted.

?So few this year?? Miss. Granger murmured. ?Hunter, Karl.?

He walked up and put on the hat. ?Hm? Tough? but? GRYFFINDOR!?

?Intinal, Perri.?

A small girl walked up, tripped, and got up. Then put on that hat. ?AHA! Ravenclaw!?

?Karrei, Sen.?

A young boy skipped up to the hat and plopped it on his head. ?GRYFFINDOR!?

?Kenze, Mary, please.?

She walked up and put on the hat, it went over her eyes. ?Hufflepuff.? The hat seemed bored.

?Roland, Erin.?

Erin walked up and sat down dropping the hat on her head. ?Oh? So? Alright? RAVENCLAW!?

?Rosen, Abby.? A blond girl walked up, her head was held up high.

?So? you don?t want that, but you? So many mixed thoughts? But if you insist. SLYTHERIN!? it chanted.

?Triforce, Blaire.? Miss. Granger nodded at Blaire.

Blaire walked up to the hat, and put it on. ?Oh. My? More mixed thoughts, confusion?? it paused ?So many places would work? but. You would succeed best in SLYTHERIN!? Blaire was stunned; she thought she would get Ravenclaw.

?Now, for the last one? Willis, Alton.? She said.

He muttered something and went over to the hat and placed it on his head. ?Simple. Slytherin.?

?Now that you have your house, group with others in you house and come with me, I will into duce you to the rest of the school. Well, your house.? Miss. Granger walked off signaling the rest to follow. They came to a group of Hufflepuffs where Mary Kenze and Kiataa Abeler where dropped off.

After a little while they came to a group of Ravenclaws reading books. Erin Roland and Perri Intinal introduced themselves as the rest of the group left.

Near the door to the dungeons several Slytherins were talking. Abby, Blaire and Alton stopped there.

?Now go up the stairs please, sorting took longer then it should have your guide will be at the top.? Miss. Granger sighed. ?Please go now, don?t dawdle.?

The new Gryffindors, Sen Karrei and Karl Hunter, went up the huge staircase, at the top they met their guide.
Please post. If you want to be a first year, choose a name from the list that is not being played. Then sign-up and post.

SIGN-UPS ARE OPEN FOR FIRST YEARS UNTIL: March 15, 04.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=green]oO I'm playin' NPCs... fun, fun, fun.
-------------
Karl made his way up the long stair case looking back down at the group of Slytherins at the bottom. From what his parents had told him, who were both Gryffindors, Slytherins never got along with Gryffindors... hopefully that was just a rumor... reaching the top steps, Karl and the other boy came face to face with the prefect. Anyone could tell he was the prefect being he had a huge P pin on his robes.
"Alright, come now, we're off to the common room. I am a prefect for the Gryffindor, John Achry." He turned on his heal and marched off further up the steps and down a corridor until the small group stopped in front of a huge picture of a large lady in a pink dress.

[i]"password?"[/i] She asked. Karl wasn't surprised to see a painting talk, but the other boy seemed shocked.

"Silver Stag." John replied firmly. The painting nodded and then flipped open, revealing a large passage into the wall. "That is your password to get into the common room." They nodded and then stepped inside. They were now in the Gryffindor common room. Many crimson arm chairs were gathered around a fire place and older students were lounging here and there talking about how there summers had been. Before getting a chance to greet anyone, Both Karl and the boy were pushed past the crowd and up one of the two stair cases. They were then shown the dorm that they would be staying in. There were four beds, but only two had belongings next to them.

After the pushy prefect left Karl grinned widley and stretched.
"Well, just you and me!" Karl walked over and lept up onto his bed and then looked over at the boy who was checking the place out a bit more. "So, what's your name? I wasn't really paying attention at the sorting. Short attention span." Karl grinned widely. The kid smiled and sat down on his own bed.

"The name's Sen... Sen Karrei." He gave a smile, "you are?"

"Hunter... Karl Hunter, where do you come from?." Karl smirked and pulled up his guitar from the end of his bed where all his other belongings were. He pulled out a pic from his robe pocket and strummed it slightly, wrying up his face when he heard how out of tune it was.

"Ah... Liver Pool... I'm a eh... "muggle born" as they call it." He seemed uncomfortable saying that he was a muggle. Karl smiled and played a few notes of Smoke on the water.

"Im half and half. No one will call you a muggle though, unless their snooty full bloods." This seemed to give Sen some more confidence as they decided to unpack their stuff. [/size][/color]

[COLOR=DeepPink]?Come on. I don?t have all day.? Shouted a nasty Slytherin prefect at Blaire.

?Well, excuse me for being in your house? toad!? She added that just for fun, but now it was not fun seeing as he could not yell only croak, and he looked very like a frog. ?What?? she glanced down and saw that her wand?s tip was shimmering green. ?Oops?? She shuffled away following the other prefects.

?Password, now you mindless twits!? Shouted a snake statue at the end of the hall. ?NOW!? It hissed menacingly.

?Dragon bane.? Retorted a prefect.

?Is that our password?? Alton asked.

?Yes, now come through.? The snake moved to the side and let them pass. He closed the hole after they all were in.

?So, where?s the girl?s dorm?? Abby murmured. ?I?m tired.?

?To the right, follow me.? A prefect led them to the girl?s dorm then stopped off.

?What? with her?? Abby glared at the fading shadow.

?Don?t know. Well, I hope the rest of our house gets here soon, this places is a little creepy.? Blaire muttered. ?Hey look! Our stuff!? She ran over to her cat?s cage and pulled her out. ?Slip! I hope you're Ok!? the cat purred.

Ok. I hope people post, this is VERY annoying. Waiting forever for one person to post, they post, no one else does. *curses* Anyway... here is an URL to the Harry Potter opening theme, It's at the bottom.
[URL=http://www.ryuuen.com/p3/midi.htm]Harry Potter Theme[/URL][/COLOR]

OOC: No i'm not really from Westchester. I live in the middle of nowhere!!!

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Mary looked around her at the beutiful surroundings. Everything seemed so refined, just like the life she had just left, only there was something missing. [I]They are not here[/I]. She thought to herself with a smile. [I]But neither is he[/I]. Mary walked up to her new group of housemates.

"Are you ready to go," the older student asked her with a smile.

"I think we are," Mary said as she looked over to her new classmate and nodded. "I'm Mary," she said as she extended her hand while they walked.

"I'm Kiataa Abeler. It's nice to meet you." she said as she shook Mary's hand. The two smiled at each other as they made there way to their common room.

"Thank you for guiding us," Mary said as she slightly bowed to the prefect once they had reached the common room.

"Oh you don't have to do those formalities here!" the girl exclaimed as she turned slightly red. "I'm just helping out a fellow student. Don't you worry. We where first years once." she said as she showed them to their rooms.

Mary and Kiataa walked into their room, and picked out a bed. "Are you nervous?" Kiataa asked as she began to unload her belongings, scattering along her bed.

"Not really," Mary replied as she carefully layed her clothes in neat little piles in her dresser. "I'm anxious! I can't wait for it to begin!" she exclaimed as she looked over to her friend. She couldn't help but smile. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Oh, you might want to put on the recruitment one that you've started it. (If you haven't already)

OOC: Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I didn't know we had started so soon.

[color=darkgreen][b][size=1]IC: "Come on, Floppy." Alton instructed the dark green newt out of his pocket, "I gotta get my trunk cleaned out." He continued to work around his four-poster while he unloaded a sketch pad and some literature.

When he was done, he collapsed onto the bed. "Man, that train ride took forever."

"I heard that." chimed in a burly first year. "The name's Don. But, people just call me the Wall."

"Right," Alton replied as he reached for his wand and flicked it around a bit, [i]"compareo arabica."[/i]a mug of dark steaming liquid appeared on his night stand.

"What's that?" asked the Wall.

"Coffee." Alton replied shortly. He wasn't in the mood for conversation.

"You actually drink that crap?" The Wall said increduously, "How old are you?"

"Eleven." Alton really wasn't in the mood to be berated by someone simply on the influence of his culinary decisions. So, he gazed deep into the Wall's eyes. Unblinkingly, he calmly stated without opening his mouth, "Got to sleep."

If his bed hadn't been right next to Alton's, he would have smacked his head against the cold stone floor. With a small chuckle, Alton climbed back into his bed, Floppapopatopalous in hand and continued to sip from his cup... [/color][/b][/size]

[COLOR=Green]Blaire woke up to the hustle and bustle of the first day of term, well, most of the day was welcomes and junk.

She got dressed and walked into the common room. seeing a few others who were sorted into her house. She walked over to Alton. "Um... Your name's Alton right? I'm Blaire. Nice to meet ya."

"Hello." Alton wasnn't in the mood for talk, last nights conversation was enough to piss him off for a while, but blaire seemed nice. He made himself some Coffee. "Want some?"

"Sure, I like coffee, though most kids our age think it's gross." She gladly took a cup of coffee from him and drank some. "Yummy." she grinned, 'I think I've made a freind, for once.'

Sorry it's short, but you people better get postin'![/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][U][B]Slytherins from now one make your posts green, Gryffendors red, Hufflepuffs blue, and Ravenclaws black. Thank you. [/B] [/U] [/COLOR]

[color=#006400][color=darkgreen][size=2]Abby opened her eyes and blinked a few times to get accustomed to the brightness. She looked around at her room for someone to talk to and realized she was alone. Last night Abby had been exuasted from the feast and sorting and so she was asleep before her head hit the pillow. Now, since she was alone she looked around her and toolk in her surroundings. [/size][/color]

[size=2][color=#006400]She found herself in a bright room with huge windows opened to a beautiful view of the lake. The sun bright and it's rays were falling in through the windows, illuminating the room with a cheerfulness that Abby had never found at home. She sighed and her opaque eyes wandered to the intrecate grandfather clock in a corner.[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#006400]"Oh no!" she thought to herself, "my first day and I'm late. No wonder there's nobody here. I should have made more of an effort to make friends last night. At least then someone would be here to keep me from getting late..."[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#006400]Abby shook her head, as if to shake away the lingering drowsiness surrounding her. Then she started to get dressed, stopping every so often to fix a button or untangle something. Finally she was dressed and had her books with her. [/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#006400]As she walked out of the dorm, she looked at her schedule and started walking to her first class,Transfiguration. Abby made her way through the maze of hallways and stairs, not meeting anyone on her way. After what seemed an hour, Abby finally stopped in front of a solid pair of wooden doors. She could hear the professer's droning voice coming through the solid doors. As she started to open the door, for the first time, Abby wondered what it would be like. Living in Hogwarts, would she make friends? Well she'll just have to see. Abby took a deep breath and opened the door. As she stepped inside, the whole class turned around to stare at her, along with the teacher. The look that professor gave Abby, it was enough to let her know this would not be her favourite class.[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#006400]The professor sighed and the look went away. He told Abby to come in and find a seat. To the rest of the class, he said lates will be excused today but only because it was the first day. Abby looked relieved and thought that maybe the prof wasn't that bad after all.[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#006400]Her next task was to find a seat. She looked around and her eyes dawned on a tall, blonde haired girl sitting alone. Gathering her courage, Abby walked up to the girl.[/color][/size]

[size=2]"Hi, do mind if I sit beside you?" Abby asked politely.[/size]

[size=2]The blonde haired girl replied, "Sure, I was dieing of boredom, sitting alone here. I'm Blair Triforce. What's your name?"[/size]

[size=2]Abby sat down and smiled at Blair, thinking to herself, 'she sounds nice. Maybe we can be friends and I remember her walking to the girls dorm with me'. To Blair, Abby said, "Nice to meet you Blair. My name is Abby...Abby Rosen."[/size]

[size=2]They chatted a while more as other late students walked in with lame excuses and worried expressions. Abby was happy knowing that she wasn't all that late and there were others behind her. The fact that she had found a new friend helped a lot. Blair was a really interesting person and had won Abby over in five minutes. Everyone settled down and class started.[/size]
[/color]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=navy][font=Arial][size=1][color=navy]Sorry about not posting! I don't get to get on the internet on a daily basis.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=black]---[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=black]Erin woke up to the sounds of her Dormmates getting ready for the first day. She looked at the old Grandfather clock along the wall. "6:30, so early..." she grumbled and began to dress.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=black]She pulled a clean set of clothes from her trunk and slipped them on as Faye walked up to her. Faye rubbed against Erin's legs affectionately and Erin took a minute to pet her.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=black]Then seeing that her dormmates were leaving, she quickly caught up to them. She followed them down the stairs and noticed another first year, straggling behind the group of older of students.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=black]Erin came up next to the first year. "Hi, I'm Erin. What's your name?" she asked, hoping that she could make a friend of this girl. The girl smiled. "I'm Perri. Who are you?" she answered, just before tripping over a dropped book. Some older students chuckled while Erin helped Perri up. "You ok?" she asked. Perri nodded. "Lets go down to the Great Hall." Perri suggested. Erin nodded. "Sure, let's go."[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=black]The two left the Common Room and made their way down to the Great Hall where everyone was seating themselves and getting breakfast. Perri and Erin took the only two spots left, near the front of the table.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=black]Erin grabbed some eggs and toast while Perri grabbed some bacon and waffles. They chatted about their families, Hogwartz, and other things as well. Erin began to look around the Great Hall and noticed all the other First Years she had seen while being sorted. She smiled at a few of them, although they didn't notice. "Well, I think I'm going to really like it here." she said happily.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=black]---[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=navy]Ok, I hope someone signs up as Perri because if no one does, I'll feel [b][i][color=black]alone[/color][/i][/b]...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#000080][color=teal]EDIT:[/color] [color=black]Black[/color] [color=teal]is so dull...[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#008080]EDIT 2: Better, Ryu_Sakura?[/color][/size][/font]
[/color][/size][/font]

[b][color=darkgreen][size=1]
Alton ate his breakfast of jelly toast and coffee with Blaire sitting next to him. When the daily post came in he noticed that many other first-years were surprised. And some even startled. This, however, was absolutely no variation on what he expected. Even though he was a Muggle-born, he had already read through
"Hogwarts: A History".

A black-spotted brown owl dropped a copy of The Daily Prophet onto the plate of the boy sitting opposite him. From what he could see, it was a slow news day. A few governmental issues. A new broom flying law was passed. Also a humorous article about a summoning spell gone awry. Nothing major.

His attention was brought back to his food and the girl sitting next to him. She didn't seem to notice that Alton hadn't been paying very close attention to her, but she talked on. He glanced at her mug and muttered his coffee charm.

"Thanks." she responded.

"No problem." He actually decided to participate in the conversation. After a few minutes of small-talk they walked to class together. Alton took a seat next to her, but soon zoned out. He was too busy changing Floppy into neon colors to notice much anything else going on.

A few minutes after class started, a girl walked into the room and sat next to Blaire. When he heard that she had been bored out of her skull, Alton thought he probably should have offered her a little more conversation. But he was still quite tired. [/b][/size][/color]

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Mary walked into Charms class a little late. She wasn't used to having to wake herself up in the morning. Usually there was someone who gently tapped her on the shoulder until she threw a book at them. Mary smiled in spite of herself though. [I]It's a start.[/I] She thought as she took her seat next to a boy with Gryffindor clothing.

"Hello!" she said as she took a slight bow. "Is there anyone sitting there?" she asked.

"Nope, not at all." he replied as he moved some of his stuff out of the way. "I'm Karl." he said as he outstreached his hand.

"Mary," she said as she shook it. "Its nice to meet you!" she said with a smile as the teacher came into the room.[/COLOR][/FONT]

sorry its so sort, but i'm late! again!

[color=green]Abby had been talking to Blaire for a while. She found that Blaire was a really interesting person. To start with she was interesed in dark arts, you don't find many of those now adays. The conversation went on and off about families, interests and so on. Abby was beginning to think coming to Hogwarts wasn't so bad after all.[/color]

[color=#008000]It was a while before the converstion died and Abby noticed a boy sitting next to Blaire. Seeing as her new found friend had escaped to her own little world and was no longer paying attention to her, Abby tried to start a friendly conversation with the boy.[/color]

[color=#008000]"Hi I'm Abby Rosen. What's your name," Abby asked politely.[/color]

[color=#008000]"Alton," the boy replied indifferently.[/color]

[color=#008000]Abby, startled by Alton's abrupt behavior, said, "Ughh, well nice to meet you."[/color]

[color=#008000]She didn't try to make any further attempts to talk to him. Judging from his spaced out eyes, Alton didn't really care. Abby not wanting to seem like a desparate fool, turned her attention to the front of the class. The teacher was still talking to some other first years. Over all only a few other people were talking and the rest were zoned out. Abby decided to do the same and stared out into space.[/color]

[color=#008000]Finally, the professors sharp voice cut through Abby's daydreams, waking her and her classmates up. She shook her head as if mentally shaking off her drowsiness. Then turned her attention to the proffesor. He started talking about transfiguration, its importance, uses and so on. Soon, Abby gave up trying to pay attention and started doodling in her notebook. She saw Blaire doing the same and they shared a knowing smile.[/color]

[color=#008000]What seemed hours later, the bell rang and everyone rushed out of the stuffy room. Abby parted with Blaire and tried to sought out her next class, Charms. As she walked away from the Transfiguration classroom, Abby thought it wasn't all that bad...At least there was no homework so far. With out really knowing it, Abby promised herself that she would make the best of this life and enjoy it thoroughly.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Blaire looked over to Abby and saw her doodling too. She grinned, and invaded Abby?s head.

?Stupid stupid pencil! GAH!? Abby yelled in her head.

?Whoa, I didn?t know you were that crazy.?

?Who said that?? She almost said aloud.

?Me.?

?Who is ?me???

?Blaire you silly!?

?What? How did you get in my head??

?I?m a telepath.?

?Really? Cool.?

?Well, it?s boring. People are so uninteresting. But tapping into trolls head and confusing them is fun.? She grins and shows Abby a picture she drew of a collapsed troll, it was a very detailed sketch too.

?That?s really good.?

?Ehem, do you have something to share?? Ms. Griffinlyf glared at them.

Blaire tapped into her mind planting the thought ?What did they do? I?m just freaking out, get back to the lesson.?

?Nevermind. I?m sorry, back to the lesson!?

?That was close what did you do??

?Tap into her mind, no one but the headmaster knows I?m a telepath.?

?How does he know??

?Eh? Long story.?

The bell rang.

?Onto your next class!?[/COLOR]

OOC: You guys have no freaking clue how happy I am that someone revived this thread.
[color=darkgreen][b][size=1]
IC: Alton was starting to get bored with changing Floppy different colors and remembered that the people next to him were attempting to talk to him. He replaced his newt in his shirt pocket and looked over at the girls. He saw that they were focusing on a sketch pad and they seemed to be laughing for no reason.

Not usually introverted like he was now, he decided to actually talk back to the two. "Hi, sorry I kinda ignored you a couple minutes ago. I sort of have a one-track mind."

"Oh." Abby sounded surprisingly chipper, considering he had snubbed her earlier. "Tha's no problem. Happens to me sometimes too."

"I thought you were just weird earlier." chimed in Blaire.

"What?" Alton said increduously

"When you were ignoring us."

"Oh, I see. Sorry 'bout that." That's when Alton noticed she hadn't opened her mouth. "You're a telepath, aren't you?"

"Quite the observant one." Blaire responded in a friendly manner.

"I thought I sensed something different about you." Alton told her in thought-speech. "I'm a bit of a telepath myself. My speciality being hypnosis."

"Really?" Abby sounded excited, "I've read loads about hypnosis being used in the Dark Arts. It's terribly interesting."

"Really?" Alton asked, "I haven't read that much about it. All I know is that if I concentrate hard enough, I could make anyone in this room act like a chicken."

"Haha. Really?" laughed Blaire.

"Yep." Alton tore a bit of parchment off of his roll and tossed it at the back of a boy's head a few rows in front of them. When he looked back to find the source of the projectile, Alton gazed deeply into his eyes. A moment later, the boy jumped on top of the desk and started crowing like a rooster.

Everyone in the class was in an uproar of laughter. In all of the confusion, no one noticed Alton give the command of snapping his fingers to release the boy from his trance. The moment he did so, the boy stood up straight and said, "What's going on?"

The three Slytherins couldn't contain themselves for the rest of the class. They continued chatting telepathically throughout the rest of the lesson...[/color][/b][/size]