OtakuBoards

New (yet not very original) DBGT Pic...

Rurouni Kenshin

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]I'm going to draw Bura (Bra;Bulla) as a Super Saiyan... It's been done before... I know.. but has it been done right? Given the length of Bura's hair... it shouldn't be like SS Goku's/Goten's/etc's... hair. I've decided to try my hand at it. I will combine the gravity and uplift of SS3 Goku's hair with the physical attribute's of Ultra Super Saiyan Trunks'... Give feedback or ideas...

The attachment is only a pre-drawing... a base to go by.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Kintaro][seems like a thread disapeared :D muahahaha, the author will understand]

That's a good start Rurouni ;)[/QUOTE]
[color=#30415d]Let's try to stick with constructive criticism here. If you can't go into detail about the artwork and give the author tips on how to improve the peice or as an artist in general, then it isn't worth posting.[/color]

It's good. I'll suggest a couple of things though:
I'd set her body with all her weight set on her left leg, to carry on with the curves in her upper body. Okay, that doesn't make much sense. But her upper body and lower body don't seem to be on the same angle, so just watch for that.
Have the energy ball hovering above her hand...it is much easier to draw. Also, you might like to have the light source coming from the energy ball...that'd look cool. I'd also give her a bit more length in the torso...it seems like she's a bit squished, even though I'm taking the skirt into accound. It's hard to tell. Maybe not.
Anyway, draw the whole leg in when you do the good copy. PLEASE!!!
Inany case, it has great potential. I hope you know what I'm talking about, re-reading it seems like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.Sorry about that!
Good luck!!!
Cinnamon

[quote]f you can't go into detail about the artwork and give the author tips on how to improve the peice or as an artist in general, then it isn't worth posting.[/quote]

So if this is some really good drawing I can't say it's good unless I'm better than the artist then ?? Come on...It's like a: Heh don't post anything too good or I won't be able to tell you it is.

Well...don't get me wrong here, but I think even a simple comment is good to hear when you spent some time on a drawing. I understand as moderators you want to do what you were asked to, but I don't think that was necessary in that case (I just arrived and 3 posts erased already Oo, at least you gave explanations and I thank you for that).

Now, to get back on the drawing comment, more details should be given to the legs, like some shadows. On all the body actually, if you plan to make some shading on the clothes then make it on the skin too ;). Other than that, I like her face, maybe less "muscled" arms heh, and I wish you added colors (later I guess).

[QUOTE=Kintaro]So if this is some really good drawing I can't say it's good unless I'm better than the artist then ?? Come on...It's like a: Heh don't post anything too good or I won't be able to tell you it is.

Well...don't get me wrong here, but I think even a simple comment is good to hear when you spent some time on a drawing. I understand as moderators you want to do what you were asked to, but I don't think that was necessary in that case (I just arrived and 3 posts erased already Oo, at least you gave explanations and I thank you for that).[/QUOTE][color=#30415d]Not necessarily. ^_~ If the picture really is that good where you wouldn't be able to find any flaws or ways to improve, simply talk about specific parts that they did well on, and should continue for future pieces.

But you're right; moderators are only trying to stick to the books when enforcing the rules, and in this case, I think it would be good to read the constructive criticisms sticky at the top of the forum to see what we're talking about. You did fine in this post, though, and that's a start.[/color]