OtakuBoards

Is it bad that the Vice President isn't in the news?

outlawstar69

I was thinking about the presidential candidates and their running mates (vice president hopefuls), and the prospective ones for soon to be chosen democratic nominee John Kerry, when I thought about George Bush's Vice President, Dick Cheney. Ever since 9/11 when he put into hiding, I haven't really heard that much about him in the news. Sure, what gets on the news is selective, based on what some editors decide to put on the air, but doesn't that also show that "nothing is happening" with the VP? As I remember, the other VPs were on the news as often or more often than the presidents themselves. What I was wondering is that when Bush runs for re election, do you think he wil decide to have Cheney as his running mate? I'd like to type more, but I have to shut down, and I will either come later to amend this post or post a reply. What do you think?

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]John Adams once said that the Vice Presidency was the most useless public office ever incented, or something along those lines; it was created initially to break ties in the Senate.

I think that generally, VP's aren't very important to the newsmedia, unless they're doing something out of the ordinary. I can't recall off hand a single thing Al Gore did in eight years, and I don't think that I'll remember much of Cheney, either. I'm not trying to bash either of them, or the duties they and their predecessors held, but the Vice Presidency simply isn't a job that lends itself to notoriaty.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=darkviolet]The only time the american people should really worry about the vice president is when the president dies either by natural causes, choking to death on a pretzel or is assasinated.

Since none of this has happened yet, nor do I really foresee any of this happening in the near future (except maybe the pretzel thing) we shouldn't worry that Cheney isn't being heard from except where the topics of oil companies are concerned.

As for the company he owned-that's another topic. One that I don't know much about[/color]

[color=green]Bush has already confirmed Cheney as his running mate for 2004.

As for his lack of press, that really doesn?t matter. The Vice President really doesn?t do a whole lot in our government besides breaking ties in senatorial votes and succeeding the president in the event of an assassination.[/color]

[quote name='DeathBug][color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]John Adams once said that the Vice Presidency was the most useless public office ever incented, or something along those lines; it was created initially to break ties in the Senate.[/font][/size'][/color][/quote]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=red]Yep...John adams said that it was the worst job, the most useless, thankless job there is. That's why the only vp i know of is John Adams and Dick Chaney.[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff0000]_-Nate-_[/color][/font]