OtakuBoards

Eliminate who?

Guest Mair_and_Riam

Guest Mair_and_Riam
Look here. Right this very moment, Pokemon developers are creating pokemon topaz and emerald. Not really, but still i would count on it. So how many more "new" pokemon do we need? Every time, you race your rival to be the best, capture the same old monsters with brand-new names, defeat the world's stupidest crime ring and defeat the elite guys.
That's also how the anime works too. Only a pikachu ash owns can beat anything meanwhile mine get pulverized by a caterpie.

Digimon on the other hand has new twists like the humans fight too, keys can be obtained from your enemies and there is a chubbier kid for once. But, the enemies are such push-overs, the moves are stale and repetitive ( not to mention different each time) and th smallest always rescues everyone else.

My question is: Who should go? the ones in your pocket? or the ones in your computer?

Guest Heezay
Bleh.... Digimon really isn't stale at all. With each new season, except for proabably S2, the plot was great, the characters were cool, and the enemies were NOT pushovers. I don't know where you got that idea from. Was D-Reaper beaten in a day? Were the Royal Knights?

Pokemon, on the other hand, is a dumb franchise that only begins to be tolerable in fanfictions. I mean, watch the show, then don't watch it for 3 months. Now watch it again. What happened? Nothing significant.

The new games are called Topaz and Emerald? That's almost interesting. (no offense to you) I agree with your views on it.

[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]Nintendo is, at least, doing the last good thing it can do with the tired Pokémon franchise with Pokémon Coliseum. After that, there's not much of interest in the future for the franchise, other than online play.

As for Digimon, I have nothing good to say about it.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]I remember having this discussion a while ago with a few friends. In regard to the "new" GBA games coming out, I feel that Pokémon has run it's course and I will only be slightly sorry to see the back of it. That is unless Nintendo pulls a rabbit out of it's hat and actually makes the games fun and exciting to play again like when we first played [color=darkred]Red[/color][color=black] and [/color][color=navy][color=black][color=navy]Blue[/color][/color][/color][color=black]. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]As for the the Anime show I would genuinely prefer to see the back of it than the back of the games. Ash and Co. have plodded around all three Pokémon continents and done the same stuff without variation, Pikachu has taken on Pokémon with electric immunties (such as Ground Types) and come out victorious all the time. Personally I believe that the entire series is getting stagnant and really needs a recharge and not a few new games ([color=darkgreen]Leaf Green[/color] and [color=darkred]Fire Red[/color]) and a switch about of old characters (Brock for Misty) and an alotment of new (May and Max)[color=black].[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]As for the Digimon I've not watched much of any except the original series and I did enjoy that but as I've not seen much of any of the rest I'm not going to comment any further on them. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]What people are missing I think is the fact that Digimon and Pokémon are aimed at two separate audiences and two different age groups. Digimon deals with stuff like "Death" and older more-mature topics, whereas Pokémon likes to keep things simple with "Losing friends" and other younger less-mature topics. To ask which should be got rid of is not a simple "pick one" question, at least not in my opinion. [/color][/size][/font]