OtakuBoards

Princess Monanoke

Guest Imsirion

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dark lord [/i]
[B]hey if u like princess monanke thieres a version coming out this spring dubbed by real hollywood talen like billy bob thortan arnold swartinager(sp) robin williams and a lot more [/B][/QUOTE]

*smacks forehead* I said that in a post up about half a page :D

[EDIT] Arnold and Robin are NOT in it. . but actors/actresses like - Minnie Driver, Claire Danes, Billy Crudrup, Gillian Anderson. . and many more ^_^ [END EDIT]

But it's all good :D They have had that out for sometime now, and you can pick it up at any Best Buy, Target(not sure now actually), or basically anyplace that sells anime. It is really awesome, and they did a great job on it. If anything, I laugh at how Billy Bob has to talk so fast to get all his lines in. I have not seen the Japanese version in a few weeks, so I will have to see how fast he talked there. Maybe it was a monk thing? LOL. .They did a really good job at expressing emotions as well. I was superbly impressed with that, as well as everything else in the movie ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

I think it was also created by Hayao Miyazaki, the creator of princess mononoke, I'm not sure, I'll check my book tonight to make sure.... [/B][/QUOTE]
As it turns out he did. Other films of his all seem to have strange similarities. He did a lil film called Kiki's Deliverly Service oh well

Oh wow! I just saw Princess Mononoke. It was soooo great! I loved it. I rented it, and when I checked out the person said it used to be in the kids section, but parents kept complaining that it wasn't suitable, so they moved it to Sci-fi. I think that's funny. The place has a "Japanimation" section, though. Why wouldn't they just put it there? They have Orphen in Sci-fi, too. Weird place...