OtakuBoards

Princess Monanoke

Guest Imsirion

Guest Imsirion
who's seen it cause if u havn't, u should. oh ya, who made that movie cause my friend says he did the beggining for Jade Cacoon.

I've seen it. I didn't like it. Don't ask why, I really don't know. Oh, I know what it is- those little tree spirit thingys! EEEEEEEvil. I'm sorry, but anything whose head twitches-or completely rotates- like that does not go down well in my book.

i've seen it. i didn't really like it the first time i watched it (until i almost got to the end), because i thought it was a bit too slow. besides that, i was on a wicked msg high because i was eating a lot of chinese food and i'm allergic to that stuff.
when i watched it again, i thought it was awsome. and i loved the kodoma. i want one to stick on my car as a hood ornament...fully functional head twitching and everything.:D

I saw it. I liked it. What was yalls' Favorite part? Mine was when an arrow cut off a soldier's hands and then the arrow stuck into the tree. His hands were just hanging from it, it was cool. Oh and when some dude's head got choped off with an arrow[same scene as above]

And no I don't know who made it. And I saww the dubbed.

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ2 Gohu [/i]
[B]I saw it. I liked it. What was yalls' Favorite part? Mine was when an arrow cut off a soldier's hands and then the arrow stuck into the tree. His hands were just hanging from it, it was cool. Oh and when some dude's head got choped off with an arrow[same scene as above]

And no I don't know who made it. And I saww the dubbed. [/B][/QUOTE]
i liked that part too:) i think the tree spirit guys are cool...click :) click:whoops: click:) click:whoops: click:) click:whoops: click:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Soccer 4 Life [/i]
[B]Sorry if i offended you but I didn't read what you wrote("my Bad") ............. why the hell are you getting so upset over such a little thing.

Bottom line I didn't copy you so shut your trash!! [/B][/QUOTE]

here's another bottom line, DON'T disrespect members, or you could find yourself banned by my hands....

now, on to the anime....

I just bought the DVD today, its dubbed but also has the japanese language version with english subtitles, I thought it was good, but it is very overhyped, I expected more from it, very well dubbed though....

favourite parts, hmmm, when the guy's arm starts reacting and makes him invincible in the ironmill, remember? he bent that guys sword like a toothpick and took a bullet to the chest without even moving, that was cool....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tat2oo [/i]
[B]I also thought it was a great film but im was wondering has anyone seen "warriors of the wind" the animation and style seem identical even the message of the story. Does anyone know anything? [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it was also created by Hayao Miyazaki, the creator of princess mononoke, I'm not sure, I'll check my book tonight to make sure....

I have the American dubbed version, with Billy Bob Thorton as the monk ^_^ and all the other great voice actors/actresses being the voices of the characters. I was truly impressed on how good of a job they did, and was not dissapointed in the least with this movie. I LOVED the artwork, and the story line was superbly done.

The main thing I tell my friends (and that we discuss to deep lengths from time to time) is to remember when watching this movie, is that there is NO bad guy/girl in the whole movie. Sure the demons are evil, but are just trying to drive out the humans. Sure the monks are evil, but are just trying to get their job done. San may seem bad cause she wants to kill the leader of Irontown, but she is only after her to help drive the humans out. And the leader wants to kill San and the wolves to keep Irontown safe for all those she helps. At the very end, you see both sides come around a lot, and realize without Ashitaka's help, neither would have succeeded at all.

Seph - you said your favorite part was in Irontown where he bends the sword and breaks up the fight. I could not agree more. That whole section is my favorite as well. I find myself skipping to that part right away just to watch it, LOL.