OtakuBoards

New Member Here...

jadedshadow

well .... ive been readoin managa for who knows how long .... im very fond of it .... and i want to start drawin my own .... i have the 1st book in the "how to draw manga" volumed books .... any advice form vetran maga artist out there or njust good artisit at all ....

[color=darkblue]Welcome to OtakuBoards, jadedshadow.

First of all, I'd like to direct you to the rules of OB, located in the left-hand navigation bar under the General heading. It tells you a lot about posting and the quality we expect here. It'd be in your best interest, as well as every new member, to give it the twice over.

Second, when you start a thread here about trying to get a manga off the ground, we need a little more than "just give me some adivce." Try telling us what exactly you're doing a manga about. In other words, we need a plot line or some sort of story to run on. It's rather hard to just tell you what you could work on without giving us any information. Just try to remember that in the future.

Again, welcome to OB. We hope you have fun here. ^^[/color]

Some basics I've learnt is first of all, don't do it because you have do, only do it if you want to. Pictures you don't really want to draw don't look as good. Secondly, if you have a style of drawing, stick to it for a while until you feel confident enough to try something new.

Hmm... I'm not an astounding artist... I kind of suck... but people tell me my storylines are great!

So take from this what you may.

Always, always, ALWAYS carry a notebook with you! You never know when that little inspiration kick will come! Daydream about the characters! And always remember: Do not get discouraged! The ONE thing I deal with most is sporatic mood swings. I always come up with a good idea for a manga, and then hate it profusely the coming morning!

I set a goal. I have been developing a comic for 2 and three quarters years... It is not even halfway done! I only have the beginning, character development, and a very shaky end... Simply, it takes time! Let it take as long as it must. The last thing however, is CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

If you cannot think of every single possible scenario with every character, you need more Charcter Development! (My studio calls me the development Nazi...)

Well if you need more (or better) tips than the ones I gave you, feel free to PM me with questions and ideas!

Well seeya!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Naruto_3000
Same with me here im very new i singed up about 30 minutes ago, im planning on making and im inspired by all the people that have replied to you :)

Aloha, Hola, Bonjour, Bonjourno, Buenos Dias, Konnichi Wa, Nihao Ma, Mara Aure, Swero Mener, Shalom, Em Hotep, God Daeg, and an all around Howdy.

I'm in no way a veteran, but I practice. In copious amounts, and I study...a lot...

The point is, if you have the FIRE to draw Manga....well you're on the right band wagon....if it just intrests you, You're on the right band wagon. Um....kind of hard to help really...If you want, you can PM me and I can try my best to help. That's all I got to say about that. (Forest Gump Mode)