OtakuBoards

Tidying Ink Drawings Digitally

Doukeshi

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me with something. I want to know if anyone can help me with tidying up an ink drawing I have scanned into my computer. It looks fine as it is I guess but the edges and such are a little rough.
I just wanted to know if someone can help me, using photoshop or paint shop pro or something.

[QUOTE=doukeshi03]I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me with something. I want to know if anyone can help me with tidying up an ink drawing I have scanned into my computer. It looks fine as it is I guess but the edges and such are a little rough.
I just wanted to know if someone can help me, using photoshop or paint shop pro or something.[/QUOTE][color=#30415d]The Art by Request forum can take care of that. All types of artistic requests are permitted. ^_^

Topic moved.[/color]

Ah, thanks for that. I never know where to put things these days what with this new fangled version 7 and all. Anyway, so is there something special that needs to be done to images or is it just a question of doctoring the image with an eraser or a paint brush?

[color=firebrick] This goes for PSP and PS, but you can hit 'Crtl-M' and this box called 'Curves' will come up. Adjust the line into an 'S' or an upside down 'S' shape or just plain adjust it until the picture if more clean and crisp. I can help you out if you don't have either of the programs.[/color]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I'd just go throught it and manually touch up stuff. I don't like to use PS image adjustment for anything like that because then I don't feel as good about myself as an artist.

Actually, nowadays I digitally ink everything I do. If you want really crisp lines, use Adobe Illustrator, but it takes a long time to ink anything in it because it's vector-based. So I use Photoshop, and really really high resolution, because that way I can make lines look a lot more crisp than otherwise. If I want something to look like Scott Williams's work, then I use Photoshop, just because I am more comfortable with it and I just use my tablet/stylus to do the quick line shading. Not that my stuff looks like Scott Williams's work, mind you. Well, some does, but it's not online. Eh, never mind. I just brought it up because it seems you like Batman: Hush and he was the inker.