OtakuBoards

Gohou Drug

Dagger

I don't know much about this manga, but I began downloading it after seeing Verykawaiineko's latest post in the "new manga/manwha" thread. Since we have similar tastes--particularly when it comes to shounen-ai--I thought I'd give Gohou Drug a shot. ^_^

Let me begin by stating that CLAMP never really had the power to impress me. While their artwork is certainly second to none, reading Chobits was something of a chore and X/1999 just didn't draw me in. Gohou Drug, however, could easily become one of my all-time favorite series. Its character designs are [i]marvelous[/i], combining gorgeous, CLAMP-esque detail with the kind of delicate lines more commonly seen in manwha.

For some bizarre reason, this manga reminds me vaguely of Gravitation. The main character, a seventeen-year-old boy named Kazahaya, is every bit as hilarious and adorable as Shuuichi (thankfully, he's also much less spastic). I have no idea where it's heading in terms of storyline and such.... for now, I'm content to simply sit back and enjoy the fanservice. ^_~

Could anybody tell me when Tokyopop plans on releasing Gohou Drug?

~Dagger~

YAYY im really happy to see people are reading the more "obscure" mangas..

from tokyopop.com

"Legal Drug (Action/Fantasy, Volume 1 Release: 10/12/04) One of CLAMP's newest series still running in Japan, Legal Drug is a perfect dose of mystery, psychic powers and those ornately drawn characters the femme-four creators are famous for. With cameos from the cast of Suki, the story revolves around the adventures of Kazahaya and Rikuou. By day, they're two ordinary pharmacists. By night, their boss has them filling prescriptions for the peculiar ... for clients' "special" ailments that can't be cured using ordinary elixirs. "

[QUOTE]for now, I'm content to simply sit back and enjoy the fanservice. ^_~[/QUOTE]
fanservice is right...not to mention the pretty color inserts... me, because im such a fangirl REALLY enjoyed the "Chocolate" scene XDDD;;

• 1 year later...
[color=darkblue]It's an unwritten rule at OB to try not to "grave-dig" (or bring back topics over two months old) unless there isn't another topic to post in or you bring the thread back in a very detailed manner. Seeing as though there is a more recent thread, however, I'm going to go ahead and close this one down. ^^[/color]