Guest Lord Acro Posted October 19, 2001 Posted October 19, 2001 Yes, like many people I'm stuck watching the Americans cut DB/DBZ into razor-thin slices, chopping out anything that may be offensive to ANYONE!! :flaming: .....ummm.....uhhh :D ...but come on..the edits are down-right terrible! Like in the tourneys, when they hold up posters for "Hercule" *Cough* *Hack* The little words kinda move if you look at em...like the rocks in DB that cover little Goku's...ehh...well anyway I'm just saying that the Japanese version doesn't say "Golly gee darn" kind of words, when someone's being killed they dont say "Gosh Darnit, my best friend is being blown to microsopic particles right before my very eyes..." To me it's like watching Telletubbies (if you've never heard of it...you're lucky), all violence, no profanity :angel:
Lady Macaiodh Posted October 19, 2001 Posted October 19, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord Acro [/i] [B]I'm just saying that the Japanese version doesn't say "Golly gee darn" kind of words, when someone's being killed they dont say "Gosh Darnit, my best friend is being blown to microsopic particles right before my very eyes..." [/B][/QUOTE] LOL i laughed so hard when i read that... you're right, the dubs suck...
Sephiroth Posted October 19, 2001 Posted October 19, 2001 the worst part of the dubs is naming the room of spirit and time, the "hyperbolic time chamber", I mean, what's up with that?....
Hinata Posted October 19, 2001 Posted October 19, 2001 [COLOR=royalblue] Well Sephiroth if you think that's bad...what the hell happened to when Goku first met Bulma..EVERYONE SHOULD REMEMBER THIS...that is unless you've only seen the dubs:p But I saw it when Goku laid in between Bulma's legs and talked about how it reminded him if laying in his Grandpa's lap..Then he felt something wrong and took off Bulma's panties and yells..."You've Got No Balls"...Do you know I laughed so hard when I saw that...and also what was up with Bulma showing..in American dubbed, Master Roshi...her belly button...[/COLOR]
shibatku Posted October 19, 2001 Posted October 19, 2001 I wish we could watch unedited versions it would be great but the people who decide what we watch think its to offensive.
BlackUnicorn Posted October 20, 2001 Posted October 20, 2001 ive never seen the REAL db/dbz. im stuck with the dubs too... and i wanna see the originals because all of u r saying that theyre alot better! where can u c the original ones anyways? i know they wouldnt DARE put them on tv, do u rent them at movie stores and stuff?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now