OtakuBoards

Chrno Crusade(CC)

UltimateX

Hey everybody now we can talk about CC(just incase if no one know what that means, just like the title says its short for Chrno Crusade). Well its one of my favorite anime rite now. Also feel free to talk anything about it in here. I'm not gonna be offened.

By the way i have a favor to ask u guys can anyone give me the link to the site that subb it since its license. Thanks.

:D

[color=hotpink][size=1]Welcome to the OtakuBoards! All I'm asking is that you please read the rules, watch your spelling and grammar, and try to speak in complete sentences. Thank you! *QA*[/color][/size]

[font=Georgia][color=blue]There's something to be said of an anime that's licensed during only it's infant stages, completing so few episodes and not even finishing a sub-saga. The series was met with open hands by an ever-increasing audience, and was immediately acquired by the same people who have the rights to the manga: ADV. It'll be changed to Chrono Crusade, haha.[/color][/font]

[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]Although all sub groups have officially stated their termination of subbing the series, that doesn't mean [i]all[/i] of them have. It would have been more proper to say that [i]most[/i] have. Additionally, it's one of the better/best groups that is still subbing it. If you want a link, you'll have to PM me. Be warned, however, as these are fansubbers who don't aim to be the fastest, but hold the best translation and encode. If you do want the fastest, I can link you to that as well (PM me with which one you want).[/color][/font]

[quote]It'll be changed to Chrono Crusade, haha[/quote]

Has that been released in an official press release yet -_o? Because if so then that totally sucks the cock. I did manage to catch the first few episodes of Chrno Crusade and was instantly drawn in the Opening with the song "Pleasure Line" was really well done -_o. And the series itself had alot going for it, in some ways it also reminded me of the first anime I ever saw Tekkaman Blade. While I did like the series alot though i'm not so sure i'm going to download it now that it has been licensed I did that with the final episodes of Gundam SEED -_o but considering there were only about 3-4 eps left out of the total 50 that is [i]kind of[/i] understandable >___>. Anyway it's probably best to just wait for the series to be released officially now =\.

[quote name='UltimateX']Hey!!!!!! Since som1 is gonna give me the link and stuff for CC. Now lets start talking about it more.[/quote]

[quote name='Miss Tori][color=hotpink][size=1]Welcome to the OtakuBoards! All I'm asking is that you please read the rules, watch your spelling and grammar, and try to speak in complete sentences. Thank you! *QA*[/color'][/size][/quote]

Excuse me? You [i]completely[/i] ignored Queen Asuka's comments, and I'd hate to think that any member would blow her off so casually. Consider your post deleted. If you require a more detailed explanation of your transgressions, please feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators.

Thanks. ^_^

[quote name='Hittokiri Zero']Has that been released in an official press release yet -_o?[/quote]

Yep. You can read the press release [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37837][u]here[/u][/URL] (scroll down to my most recent post).

~Dagger~

Nope hate to dissapoint you Tom "Chrno Crusade" is in no way whatsoever related to "Chrono Trigger". There is a Chrono Trigger OVA that is being subbed though -_O or atleast it was being subbed the last time i checked. I never bothered to check it to AnimeSuki.com and search in their fansub database for the Chrono Trigger OVA and you'll find a link to groups subbing it from there.

[QUOTE=Tom Bullivant]I've heard very little about Chrno Crusade. Is it related in any way to the SNES RPG game, "Chrono Trigger", because if it is, I most definitely will have to get it? Also, could I have a link to the CC subb site please?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Whoops, Hittokiri got here first. ^_^;

If you PM me, I can tell you where to download Chrono Crusade. Bear in mind that OtakuBoards permits linking only when the site in question relates directly to the discussion at hand. Illegal material (and this category includes fansubs) is something which can be talked about but not openly exchanged.

Chrono Crusade has absolutely nothing to do with Chrono Trigger. It is, after all, about nuns with guns. The anime and the game are unrelated in every possible sense of the word... however, an unlicensed CT OVA [i]does[/i] exist.

If you're an ardent GONZO fan or like fast-paced action series, you'll probably enjoy CC. I never really got into it, but it's a very popular show.

~Dagger~

Its really good. Its about nuns with guns(like how Dagger IX1 said it was) fighting demons. Have lots of action, some drama(of course almost all anime have a little drama), a little romance late in the show, of course a lot of comedy.

• 4 months later...
ADV recently announced that volume 1 is supposed to come out on September 21. It's funny--I wasn't crazy about CC while it was actually being fansubbed (granted, I never got past episode 5 or so). Now, however, I have a sudden urge to buy the series.

I've been told that Chrono Crusade grows increasingly darker and that the ending is very, [i]very[/i] good. As I tend to love anime which follow a similar progression, I'm starting to think I might really like CC once I watch it in its entirety.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger IX1']As I tend to love anime which follow a similar progression, I'm starting to think I might really like CC once I watch it in its entirety.[/quote] [font=Book Antiqua][color=blue]I still don't understand the logic behind judging a [i]series[/i] without watching it in its entirety. Series are not like movies, which are stand-alone stories: rising action, climax, and resolution are all in one tape. In the same fashion, I rarely hear of people running out of a movie theatre after seeing only the first five minutes unless it's ABSOLUTELY unbearable. Seeing a little of a [i]series[/i] and making a final verdict is no different.[/color][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=#0000ff]I'd like to move over to the "Big-O," though. I find it interesting that the new O in Chrono Crusade was added in order to remove confusion. If you ask me, it does the exact opposite. Even though their official stance is that the O will help in pronunciation, I'm thinking that there are quite a few Squaresoft/Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross fans that would blindly purchase a disc as long as the term "Chrono" is alongside it.[/color][/font]

Haha, I agree--I think ADV really is trying to trick them. The company is using the manga logo, which is an incredibly obvious tribute to (or rip-off of) the Chrono Trigger logo. On the other hand, it makes sense for the anime and manga to be published with the same title, and I am getting sick of GONZO's Engrish-isms. Pope Joan Paul, anyone? ^_^;;

~Dagger~

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Hittokiri Zero']Nope hate to dissapoint you Tom "Chrno Crusade" is in no way whatsoever related to "Chrono Trigger".[/quote]

[color=orange]Hmm....I was wondering if they were related. Anyway, I just got the first DVD a few days ago. It's very interesting, and I'm thinking about finding some fansubs while I wait for vol.2 Hey..when is vol.2 coming out anyway?.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
I enjoyed vol.1. The quirky humor and breathtaking artwork really drew me in. The animation is top-notch, characters move like real humans.The action is cool too.

I'm not so keen on the English dub, it can get annoying, with Chrono constantly yelling and the girls screaming.

Another thing that iffed me a bit was that I thought (like an idiot), that the show was going to have to do with Chrono Cross/Trigger, and I have just finished beating those games. So I thought I was up for anything, but oh well.

Despite the minor flaws, CC is a show to check out. :)

I'm actually quite pleased with the dub. I'm especially impressed with Greg Ayres's incredible performance as Chrono--who knew he could get his voice to go that low!? I've heard that he quit smoking because playing Chrono was taking a tremendous toll on his throat, and he wanted to continue doing his best in what was for him a rather difficult role. ADV really overuses Hilary Haag, but she's a decent actress and does sound right as Rosette.

I hadn't seen the beautiful OP animation until I watched this on DVD (I wonder when GONZO switched from the temporary TV opening?). Both the OP and ED are a little generic musically, but near-perfect visually.

~Dagger~

Do you have a station...I cant seem to see many anime's.....the only source that I know of is.....Cartoon Network or Adult Swim....

[COLOR=#503F86]It's not on a channel yet- it's released on DVD. But since it's ADV it'll probably appear on the Anime Network before too long, if you have cable you can hook yourself up to it.

In future Kitaro, try and add more to your posts please. This is the second time I've seen you just ask what channel a show's on- if you read through the thread the answer's probably already there for you.[/COLOR]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Is it just me or is this show's title the biggest typo ever? I mean, it's spelled the same as Chrono in terms of the katakana used in the title (ku-ro-no), and they don't [i]say[/i] Chrno, they say Chrono....

[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]It's not on a channel yet- it's released on DVD. But since it's ADV it'll probably appear on the Anime Network before too long, if you have cable you can hook yourself up to it.

In future Kitaro, try and add more to your posts please. This is the second time I've seen you just ask what channel a show's on- if you read through the thread the answer's probably already there for you.[/color][/QUOTE]
Ok sorry:( . I checked the previous posts and there wasnt an answer.....But now I know,thanks to you:D ....So I guess I'll go check some local Anime stores.....Which I don't really know where in my area....So I'll go check out borders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well, it's out now. On a side note, your post length is acceptable, but I suggest that next time you elaborate on why you like the series but don't think it's the best anime ever or whatnot. This makes the discussion more open and interesting for everyone involved.

I very much enjoyed volume 2, which brought a lot of new material into the mix while playing up the show's strengths. It's darker and less episodic than the first disc, and the comedy feels significantly less grating. The dub continues to improve; by this point, it's good enough to keep me from wanting to re-watch everything in Japanese. I've gotten accustomed to Hilary Haag's voice and am very satisfied with how she tackles Rosette's emotional outbursts. Azmaria is annoying no matter what language you're watching, but she sort of compensates for that by having one of Chrono Crusade's best character designs.

I'm excited about the flashback episode that should appear on the next volume, because I want to learn more about [spoiler]Joshua. For some reason, his relationship with Rosette, his portrayal and his apparent role in the show all remind me of Pacifica's twin brother in Scrapped Princess.[/spoiler] Maybe it's just because they're both blond. ^_^;;

~Dagger~

• 5 months later...
[COLOR=#503F86]I bought the first Chrono Crusade DVD a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it.

[i]But[/i] (and this ia a big niggle), this has been the first DVD I've bought where I've been less-than-averagely contented with the voices. While Hilary Haag plays Rosette very well, I'd have preferred to hear someone else in her place. It's not that she's not good, but I can almost predict the path and measure of the character by the way she plays it, as she's always given the same sorts of roles to play. I don't think Laura Chapman's particularly well-suited to the loud outbursts that Sister Kate frequently bashes Rosette's ears with and for some reason Remington's voice just didn't seem to be in the right body. It's just not sat right with me.

But Greg Ayres is very good. I like him, heh.

I think the storyline's really interesting so far- I've always been partial to Van Helsing-esque adventure romps. I'm eager to see where the series is going, and apart from the minor niggles I have with the voices, there's little I can complain about. My sister absolutely loves it too (probably moreso than I do, heh), which is always a good thing ^_^[/COLOR]

[Font=Garamond] [Color=Red] Just to clarify something - - It is/was on a channel. Anime Network was airing it a few months ago, (Around December, or so. I don't know about now, seeing as I don't have it anymore)

Anyway, what I saw of it, was quite good. Great animation, interesting storyline - - And, for me, a step up from the manga. I'll admit that the dub was a bit..say, sub-par at times, [As Solo Termaine said before me] but it was still respectable, & nowhere near horrible.

So, in short, it was quite enjoyable. Good enough for me to head on and buy a volume. =][/Font] [/Color]

• 3 months later...
Volume 6 (episodes 19 through 21) was [i]intense[/i]. If the entire series had been like this, it might even have become one of my favorites. Some of the plot twists here were just incredibly cruel, from an emotional perspective, and the fact that the director didn't go way overboard in showing the characters' devastated reactions actually made it bother me more.

While the plot device of having all the [spoiler]various siblings and pseudo-siblings forget each other (in Joshua's case, repeatedly) should have gotten old pretty fast, I found it to be surprisingly effective. Because Rosette didn't throw a huge tantrum or break down when Joshua completely turned his back on her--she demonstrated a great deal of restraint, as a matter of fact--I felt the sheer unfairness of the situation a lot more keenly. Same goes for how Satella responded to a hostile Fiore.[/spoiler]

Of the three episodes on the disc, I enjoyed 21 the most. I had been very curious about that part of [spoiler]Chrono's past,[/spoiler] and I thought Hilary Haag did a brilliant job of voicing [spoiler]the other Mary Magdalene. At first I assumed this meant Rosette was her reincarnation, but that doesn't seem to be the case... maybe they're connected in some other way.[/spoiler] Anyway, her performance startled me. Her voice still had that same recognizable timbre, but the change in the delivery made a big difference.

I'm definitely looking forward to volume 7.

~Dagger~

• 2 months later...