OtakuBoards

Chrno Crusade(CC)

UltimateX

[quote name='chiyodad']HAs anyone seen the last episode of Chrono Crusade? let me just say that this is one of the best series ever.[/quote]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Yes, Chrono Crusade is one of the coolest shows/manga out there...then again I have a lot of favorites. >.< No I haven't seen the last episode but I have read a lot about it. The information I read only highlights certain parts of it though. So I can't really tell ya anything of use. The only advice I can give would be to either buy it or find a summary on the internet somewhere. Should be pretty easy to find a summary...there are quite a few CC sites out there. ^-^ (I would know.) LOL![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I've read the manga, but I haven't seen any of the anime 'cause Borders never has volume one and I can't find it anywhere...:animecry: I only found it onc, but it was rental only: I was in Flagstaff and me, my uncle, my mom, and little cousin went to this place where they sell, like, everything under the sun. I started looking through the DVD's in hope of finding something cool (Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Chrono Crusade, etc.) and I did indeed find Chrono Crusade. So I looked at it and then I realized that it had a sticker that said "rental only", which I couldn't do 'cause I would only be there for a few more days...:animedepr
So I looked around for a not-rental-only Chrono Crusade volume one and could find every volume [I][B]but[/B][/I] volume one! It was so wrong...
And what's worse, the manga comes out too slow... it's on a stand still for some reason, stuck on volume six... I know it has two volumes left 'cause I saw them in Japanese in a bookstore in Little Tokyo... :animecry: [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[font=Arial][size=1]Sorry if this thread is dated, but I'd like to say my part about this seemingly awesome anime...[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1]I just watched my first episode last night on Showtime (I can't remember which variant of Showtime it was). And I'd like to say it was a very good episode. The title was 'Chapter 7: The Devil'. I was confused a lot, due to it being more into the series instead of me watching from the beginning, but I liked it. If someone can PM me where I can get the DVDs at, I'd appreciate it.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1]My hopes of it being connected with the CT game was crushed. But none the less, I want to watch it. It was awesome. The aspect of Heaven vs Hell is cool too. ^_^[/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
After I watched the entire anime I kind of felt cheated. It felt like there were a lot of holes in the plot.

Don't get me wrong, I do not dislike the anime but did anyone get the feeling that the series should have gone on a little bit longer than it had? When I read the manga some things did fall into place for me, but still I thought a little more should have been explained about Aion and Joshua as well as the apostles. I understood the gist of it but still...I feel like more explanation would have made things better.

I don't want to say too much because it would spoil things for people who haven't seen it all yet.

[quote name='ashwolf']Don't get me wrong, I do not dislike the anime but did anyone get the feeling that the series should have gone on a little bit longer than it had?[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I wish the series did go on longer... I think there are only eight volumes of the manga (and I can finally find volume seven in Borders, as of today. But of course, when I do, I don't have enough 'cause I'm buying a book from the fantasy literature section, but aside...) I hate it when you find an awesome manga series or something and it's, like, really short. I mean, you know how it ends, but it kind of leaves you with an empty feeling that makes you wish that the story continued on longer. (That's happened twice this year to me, with the same author. At the beginning of the year, I read a book by him called [I]Poison[/I] and I just finished reading another by him in English today called [I]The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray[/I] and I got that feeling both times... I'm sad now... :animecry:)
And, tell me, is the anime any good? I can never find volume one of the DVD's at Borders (and even if I could, I probably couldn't afford it, anyway. I blow all my money on manga... :animedepr)[/COLOR]

I have seen the Japanese eps with subtitles. Does anyone know where I can get the box DVD set?
[CENTER]
-----------------------[/CENTER]

[quote name='Dark Neko-Chan][COLOR=DarkRed']I wish the series did go on longer... I think there are only eight volumes of the manga [/COLOR][/quote]
Actually the manga seris is up to volume 11! I saw it at Barnes And Nobles.

[SIZE=1][INDENT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Please do not double post [B]Starfire0567[/B], if you wish to add something just use the edit button in the lower right hand corner of your post. Also it is not necessary to include the entire quote when responding to someone. You can simply remove the part that you are not referring to by removing the text between the two [quote] tags. A good rule is that if the quote is longer than your post, you need to make it smaller. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/INDENT][/SIZE]

I get Chrono Crusade on Netflix. I'm only on Volume 5 as of now, but by Saturday, I hope to be on Volume 6. I think the series is short, but also vert insightful. I love Azmaria's Extra Classes. They really help you understand whats happening as the series goes along.

Dark Neko-chan: Agreed. I feel that way with just about anything I read. Like Battle Royale. I loved that book! I've never read the manga or seen the movie but the book was awesome and I wish there was more to it. I really wanted to know what happened to Shuya and Noriko...*ahem* My apologies, I digress.

The anime is, in my opinion, not as good as the manga, but it is enjoyable nevertheless. You will also notice (if you ever manage to see the anime) that there are some significant differences between the manga and the anime. I cannot say what they are because again...spoilers are evil.

I paid a little over 50 bucks for the boxed set at Best Buy (slim boxed set. No special features). So in all reality I've paid more for the mangas than I have for the anime. 0.o

Starfire: I purchased my boxed set from Best Buy. I got the slim set because it's cheaper. It has less discs (more episodes on each disc) but it has no special features.

And erm...there are currently only 7 Chrono Crusade mangas that have been released in the US. I've read on many websites that there are only to be 8 volumes total in the series.The last volume is not supposed to be released until August this year I believe.

Rei:Unfortunately I got the slim boxed set manga. The DVDs contain more episodes on each disc but are devoid of extras. So...no Azamaria's classes for me. But I did manage to see her classes for Volume 1 and 2. I agree. They are helpful. I only wish they had been included on the DVDs I bought! lol.

Everyone: I'm sorry if I keep repeating things. I do not mean to sound like a broken record. I just recovered from a really nasty case of the stomach flu and for some bizarre reason my head feels like it's ready to float away from my body. 0.0

[color=darkblue][size=1]Ah, Chrno Crusade. The anime that left me and so many of my friends so bitter, lol.

Now, don't get me wrong. I really liked the anime. It has great characters and great animation and everything, but...[/color][/size]

[size=1][spoiler]It's the ending that gets me. I mean, Chrno and Rosette are out there in that shack for six months and don't even express how they truly feel for one another. Then you add in the fact that heart-wrenching scene when Rosette says she doesn't want to die and still ends up dying... That had me in tears. It really did.

And don't get me started on the whole "angel losing his faith in God" thing. --; My goodness.

Though I do have to say that having Aion come back after all that was [i]the biggest[/i] plot twist in the history of anime, at least to me.[/spoiler][/size]

[color=darkblue][size=1]So, yeah. It's a great anime, but for the above reasoning... it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.[/color][/size]

Lady Katana: My sentiments were of a similar nature on about every statement you made. Especially about the ending...I was shocked it ended the way that it did. Maybe I expect too much?

Avenged666fold: Unfortunatley yeah, the Elder is ALWAYS like that, especially in the anime. It's not nearly as bad in the manga.