Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
*waves* I've just returned to my favoured combination of charcoal and chalk and thought I'd post my first and latest experiment here. It's called, quite simply, "Horse" and is supposed to be a study of a patchwork horse head of sorts - a mixture of bone, plate armour and mange. I may do a full body along with a background at some point (it being a simply study, there's not much going on in terms of composition just yet), but in the mean time, what do people think? Thank-you in advance for whatever comments you may make. ^_^
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]I like it. It looks like you know your stuff when it comes to charcoal. The head part looks the best, while the neck and beyond looks just a tad bit messy. The teeth are very interesting and the picture has an overall creepy feel to it. Well done.[/color][/size]
Posted
It's a great design, but a bit too blurry for me. I would love to see you push in some clarity in there. It's really hard to do that with charcoal though, because of the powder left on the sheet that you have to clean up. What kind of charcoal were you using? As in vine or compressed? I love the glare on the eye and the teeth though. Getting those small details is extremely hard.

And what size paper did you use?
Posted
My jaw dropped when I saw this. It's amazing! I usually have some sort of helpful comment to make, but I just cannot find anything wrong with it. Great work and I hope I can see its finished version.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
well as i said on your Otaku site, Wow your charcoal drawing is near perfection ([B]near[/B] meaning nothing is perfect). It kind reminds me of *thinks* dammit *desperately tries to remember* no *cant remember* dammit, but it reminds me of something ^-^ . Anyway someone said (no disrespect to their opinion) the neck/upper body region is a bit blurry/slightly less detailed but im gonna put my money on you were going for effect rather than detail *hopes he doesnt lose money* but at the same time i agree with that person as the eyes,teeth...well basically the head of the alienated [I]horse[/I] is sublime, absolutely flawless.
Posted
Thats a really nice pic ya got there.
You've got alot of detail put into it, and the asorted shades are great. Its also very clean for it to be done in charcoal.
Hmm, I think I mentioned before that I hate workin' with that stuff.

Oh well...for some reason the horse thingy reminds me of one of the aliens from the Alien movies. Hmm, maybe its the bulging cranium.

Keep up the good work. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...