Kinetic Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 [url="http://www.deviantart.com/view/6450804/"]http://www.deviantart.com/view/6450804/[/url] Title's from a Bad Religion song. Best band ever, title kind of relates I guess. Anyway, first good looking try at minimalism from me. Render: [color=#636d63][url="http://smashmethod.deviantart.com"]http://smashmethod.deviantart.com[/url][/color] Inspiration: [color=#636d63][url="http://swankin.deviantart.com"]http://swankin.deviantart.com[/url][/color] I've always looked up to Swankin's work, and once I learn to vector, I want to go into the same field as him, but not just replicating his pieces and defining my own style, but similar to his because it's the best 2D work I've ever seen. I stole his colors for this I've been doing alot of work the past few days. Finding alot of techniques and stuff I guess, but I'm having fun. Hope you enjoy :)
Mimmsicle Posted April 11, 2004 Posted April 11, 2004 [size=1][color=darkred]One word: [b]Yummy[/b] ^_^ [/color][/size][size=1][color=darkred]It looks like candy, hehe.[/color][/size] [size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size] [size=1][color=#8b0000]The colors are really soft, but not muted and that adds to the joy of looking at it. It could've easily gone flat if you had held back on the vibrancy *nods*[/color][/size] [size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size] [size=1][color=#8b0000]Somehow I think of a bag of marbles being emptied ^__^ And it actually looks like a teddybear that's lying on the bottom of the image *giggles*[/color][/size] [size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size] [size=1][color=#8b0000]The text feels appropriately placed. I don't think there's anything I want to complain or nag about here ~_^[/color][/size] [size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size] [size=1][color=#8b0000]Very fun and fresh *thumbs up*[/color][/size]
Kinetic Posted April 11, 2004 Author Posted April 11, 2004 Thanks alot :) I really enjoyed working on this because I love the minimalistic style. It's just so much more aesthetically pleasing than any other style in my eyes. Great interpretations also. It reminded me of a more futuristic but not so futuristic piece. If that makes any sense anyway :p Thanks again :)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now