OtakuBoards

More Final Fantasy -style (yet original) art from me!

Sandy

I've been planning this idea of a massive fanfic/rpg that happens in a world where almost all the races from the FF-game series dwell. I don't know if the idea will ever be fully ready, but here are some characters I've been "doodling" for it. Alright, you can't really call fully inked and colored pictures doodles, but I was trying to be modest (which is pretty hard for me). :toothy:

Go ahead and test if you can recognise all the races. ;) Oh, there are also two original races, both on the same paper: Ilias is a minotaur, and Gem is a genderless Jinn. Rest of the bunch are mostly from FFX, FFXI and FFTA.

And all types of feedback are always wanted/needed!

Those are some nice work there, Sage :D Kiev reminds me of a hobbit ^_^ Some of their faces are my only beef because they didn't look right, but the clothing and detail is amazing. Great stuff, indeed. Efram is the shiz, man XD Doggy-like healer thingy? Ilias is cool too. I like the ones that aren't human the most. Good coloring job too.

Nice work! Just work on the faces of like... Windy and such. (my first impression was Windy was a chick, but then I saw his vest open revealing MANLY CHEST! So yeah...)

[b]My Rating:[/b] 8/10 For an average of all ^_^

Actually, Windy is supposed to look "beautiful", so it was on purpose. I admit, though, that the faces are very hard to do - I mean, I hate drawing same characters for that reason - I can't seem to make two similar faces!

Anyhow, here's a sixth picture that I saved for later, since it didn't fit in the first post (5 pics's maximum, you know), and it involves remakes of some of the characters - namely Windy, Kiev, Reis and Vivi. So there's something for everybody to comparison.

Ah yes, I despise the terrible troublings of making faces too. But I am getting better, nevertheless, and soon we will both be perfect at it XD

Anywhoozles, I like this version of Windy better. The face is MUCH more better than before and it makes him look like I pictured. Yays! The second guy reminds me of a hobbit again (heh heh... silly me) and the chick next to him reminds me of Pippy Longstockings with the whole hair and freckles, but nevertheless, they're awesome. I'm guessing the hobbit dude is holding a pair of guns? It looks like guns to me. The bunny girl is good, but I find the coloring job of her skin to be a bit offish. Unless you wanted it to be lighter in some spots (I mean, I'm talking about how it's white in some areas like the pencil didn't work as well). But yes, these are good and the Windy is much better.

[b]My Rating:[/b] 9/10 :) Yays!

[size=1]Wow, Sage. They look great. As usual, I'm amazed by the sheer volume of what you can show us--I can harly draw that much at all, never mind drawing it [i]well[/i].

But I love 'em. You're really great with character design--and everything's so colorful. You put great little details into their outfits, too. Heh.

I'd like to see something bigger from your some time--not just three-or-five-to-a-page character pictures, but maybe one drawing that you can put more cool little things into...or something.[/size]

I agree with Sara, I myself are not very artistically gifted, but I do like to looka tand comment on others work, I so like to look at work.

I do like your work, I could sympathise with your ability to faces, they are very diificult and I have great difficulties with getting the right expressions, but you have done a bang up job with them I think, and I can't see how you did it so well, I am just that bad :)

Well anyway, I look forward to looking at other art works you make, see ya around