Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Can it be?! Domon's first attempt at a banner!!


Recommended Posts

Posted
I just tinkered around with this RahXephon picture in Arcsoft Photostudio, its kind of like a diluted down version of photshop. Basically I added the sky background and Film Grain effect to make it look like a distorted video tape kind of effect.

[IMG]http://server6.uploadit.org/files/BurningGundam-rahxephonbanner.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for any suggestions ^__^
Posted
[font=Georgia][color=blue]Hmm... *nods* I see, I see...[/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]Great ideas, but I think there's room for improvement. The grain effect, IMO, should be restrained to the BG, making it look like the mech is something beyond it's 2D environment, as if it surpasses it. It'll make the stock picture stand out more as well.[/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]For only legibility's sake, the text should also be above/outside the grain filter. While the words can be read, they aren't clear. If that was the intention, at least see how my idea looks before rejecting it.[/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]In fact, I'd like to see how the entire thing would look without the filter. The BG is very nice, and the filter may add character, but it'd be interesting nonetheless.[/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]Lastly, borders are a must.[/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]Hope that helps. ^_^[/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[COLOR=Indigo]*nods* Ah, okay I see. Well I must say that once I resized it I was disappointed with the text getting made even more blurred. Course what do ya expect with Arcsoft Photostudio. It was just some photo program that was pre-installed on our comp. Thanks for the advice, I shall use it in my next thing. If I can make an avatar. Thanks ^__^[/COLOR]
Posted
So, you made one yourself this time eh Domon :smirk: It's nice, but I would change the font if I were you. That font doesn't look good with that picture. I suggest using the Denmark font in bold. It'll make it look better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...