OtakuBoards

New Watercolors

Queen Asuka

[color=hotpink][size=1]Alright, these are pretty new. One of them is the Libra part of my Astrological set and the other is just some random sorceress that I was inspired to draw after watching hours of "Merlin" on the Sci-Fi channel a few weeks ago. Please, tell me what you think!

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/adams_angels/libra.jpg[/img]
'Tis the Libra. It's supposed to be balance. One side of the picture didn't scan all the way, though.

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/adams_angels/sorceresswc.jpg[/img]
And here's the sorceress. Pretty, no?[/color][/size]

[color=firebrick] Like 'em a lot. :toothy: I've never done much with watercolor so I can't say much, but I really like the colors you used for the bottom girl's hair. ^_^ Very soft-looking and shiny. Her dress looks pretty and feminine, reminds me of Arwen every time I look at it, lol. Your main problem that I can see is the shaping of the limbs, such as legs and hands. *shrugs* No biggie, though.[/color]

Mmmmm...Watercolours are hard things to paint anime with, ne? I always screwed it up. Then I decided to use my acryllic (sp) paints from art. I never turned back.
Heh...I'm a libran. Not that I believe in star signs. But, it's very pretty. I like her hair...A while back, I was obsessed with drawing characters with b/w hair. Good job there. The sleeves of her dress are well done too. Arms (at shoulders) could be a little thicker. Grey scarf draped round shoulders is nice...personally, I'd give it a little more depth. The main bit of the dress...well, it's okay. The way it splits open is a little random...If you don't know what I mean, don't worry, its hard to explain. I wouldve added a few stress lines in the dress, but it's not my picture. I take it's supposed to be a heavy fabric. The boots? Well, I'm not sure what colour I wouldve chosen. But considering the circumstances, it looks ok. At least theyre not Fuschia. That'd look a little wierd. Or rainbow. Or yellow. :) The fact that it was balanced did strike me quite quickly. Good conveyance of message there. Is she holding anything in her hands? Hmmm. That reminds me...I did do a starsign pic a couple of years ago...It wasn't very good. It's still lying asround somewhere on my comp, under the title of "the somewhat decapitated gemini twins" I realised their faces were off centre, so I tried to fix it using microsoft paint. Bad idea. Anyway, next picture.
I love the hair, the facial expression is good, placement is not bad. The neck is rather long and thin, although I have been accused of drawing pudgy necks before. I love the dress, I love the design,It looks great! She has a very long torso. I'dve accentuated the boobs a little, so that they'd have a little more effect on the shaping of the dress. She looks a little flat-chested, despite the "V". It's probably to do with the collar. The arm holding the staff is fine, it's shaped quite nicely, though, I'd make the top half a little more substantial. I'm only really worried about the fingers. Be careful! I'm going to quote this from art attack, on the disney channel. Yes, I know it's a childrens program, and No, I don't know what I was doing watching it. Heres the quote. "When you draw a hand, don't draw a hand, draw a plate of sausages." Don't laugh, cause the narrator guy actually knows what he is talking about. Draw a large circle for the palm: O, and separate the fingers each into three small ovals, like this (except longer, and more streched): ooo
Shush, I know it doesn't look like a finger. Angle them however you want, and then flesh them in.Remember...Sausages. Anyway, thats all I have to say...which was quite a lot. Have fun drawing, and dont take any of my criticism too seriously...I'm mean :)
Cinnamon ;)

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=darkred]They're both gorgeous ! The Libra one feels [i]very[/i] balanced. I love how you did her dress, particularly how it crosses over her waist. Spot on brilliant *bows*

The sorceress is wonderful, you've done great with the ruffles on the dress. It just screams medieval and magic ^__^

The coloration are splendid on [b]both[/b] images. All together Lovely ^_^[/color][/size][/font]