OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Timeline

Box Hoy

As you know, or don't know, it is said that the Final Fantasy games are all supposed to have occured on the planet Gaia at different times in it's history. So my question is which order do you think they go in and explain why. Use evidence from the different games. This includes all 12 of the base series, tactics, tactics advance, crystal chronicles, the show Unlimites, the movie Spirits Within, mystic quest, adventure, legend, legend 2, legend 3.

And here are some thoughts about links of mine.

I think the movie spirits within is somewhere between Final Fantasy 7 and 8 or maybe after 7.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Final Fantasy 11 could be linked by the Lilities and the TaruTaru by thier short furry like appearences.
Also, try and link them by the ages in which they look to be like Final Fantasy 9 was more of a kingdom rpg than a modern rpg or a futuristic rpg so try to link kingdoms with kingdoms and look for the link between all three different ages of Gaia.

I think its a real stretch of the imagination to try and put all of those stories in one timeline. There are very few logical fits to go between the stories. I think they are best considered on their own, not being on the same planet.

Personally, I believe that the only thing the movie actually had in common to the games is the fact that they are both called final fantasy. Also, I think that the general setup of the FF games is that they have only a couple links: There is always someone named Cid, there is always a Biggs and a Wedge, and there are always chocobo. This explains my "Final Fantasy the movie has nothing to do with the games" theory. No chocobos! Basically, it's possible that they are connected, but it doesn't seem to be what the game design suggests. The exception, of course, being FF10 and FF10-2.

Where did you here this whole planet Gaia theory? It's a pretty big stretch, as satan665 said. FFX and FFX-2 are the only FF games that are directly related. Also, FFVII and Advent Children are directly related. That's it. Their are similarities, but each is it'a own unique story, and most are in seperate worlds/universes. (Also, I don't believe there were chocobos in the first game)