OtakuBoards

New thin banners!

Baron Samedi

Ooooh, I like! Slim, sleek, and oh so sexy ;). No really, I think they're a great idea. I'm in too much of a rush to check, but I take that they are all the same size as the one on your sig. I suppose you could add text to them, maybe in a corner, or have it fade in and out, so you could see the background. Hmmm...I think it would be a good trend to start.You wouldn't mind, would you Baron? Oh well, I'm already busy working on a project. Maybe later! Cyas!
Cinnamon

[size=1][color=darkred]"Ultra thin banner trend" eh? Well, I can't stop people if they want to. It's up to what they find aesthetically pleasing. Yeah, text could be added to these banners. It wouldn't be too hard to do. Such as the attatchment I added here. I could even use smaller fonts- it wouldn't be hard at all. Placement and font. My Star one is larger than the others. Anyway, I am glad that you all like them. Or, both of you do anyway. Heh.[/size][/color]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Great banners, Baron. They are wonderful. The super-ultra-thinness of them just makes them more mysterious and unique. I know that, I once made a thin banner, nothing like these but when you are putting pictures into them they can get pretty hard to recognize what they were, heh.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]I believe I know what all but one of your super-ultra-thin banners depict, so I'm feeling pretty special. ^_^[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]I wouldn't doubt that this might start a new fad but I highly doubt [i]I'll [/i]be jumping on the bandwagon this time.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]About the text, on banners this thin, smaller text is better, in my opinion. The larger text just seems to take away from the banner. Of course, banners this small hardly ever look too good with text, they seem to get very 'scrunched up', kind of like in avatars.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Great work, once again, Baron. Keep making them! They are the coolest kind of banners, I think, because of their unique, mysterious, and secretive pictures that are featured in the banner. ^_^[/color][/size][/font]

[quote]Good job. I wouldn't be surprise if you started an "Ultra-Thin" banner trend around here XD.

[/quote][size=1]Yikes. You [i]know[/i] you've been here too long when not only threads, but [i]fads[/i] start repeating themselves.

Small banners are cool. I like the stylishness you have going with them in general, although I only really like one of them--that's the one you've got in your signature right now (unless you're doing that 'rotating image' thing, in which case it's the purple one.) The others just look odd too me. I'm not sure why...matter of taste, I guess. But I can't really fault your designs or images, so... Yeah.[/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]Heh. I guess these things are just bound to come back around and bite you, eh Sara?

I'd have to agree DDG...I think that text does make them feel all cramped though. Down with the words, that's my motto for sure. Heh. I doubt it'll make fad status- I'm not cool enough for that, but if some people reckon they look cool, then my work here is done. Thanks for your comments DDG ^_^

Yeah, I do have random image thing on. That one is a picture of a hand holding this beautiful flower, and everything but the flower is black and white. The petals are this delicious purple, and the stem a brilliant gold. It is very nice. Great taste there Sara, lol.

I'm not really 100% happy with the Murder one, nor the Graffiti one. However, I think most of them hold up fairly well. The American flag one is my favourite by far though.

Anyway, thankyou muchly for your comments Sara.

Actually, thank everyone for their comments. It is great to know that people are somewhat interested in your work. ^_^[/size][/color]

Wow - they're very cute! I do indeed believe you are quite the trend-setter as regards banners, Baron. ^_^

They work particularly well where you've got slivers of flag, but I think my favourite has to be the third one you posted (the grey, rough-textured banner). It makes a really nice change from the silky smooth look most people give their banners without looking too rugged. I love it. ...I hope that wasn't one of the ones you thought less of... :blush:

Yeah, I'd agree that the text on the "Glamour" one does seem a bit strange within the proportions of the banner. The others are great, though - very well done!