Haze Posted May 15, 2004 Posted May 15, 2004 For you non-spanish speakers, that is "two projects." Name of the thread explains all. I have a web-page header, which will go on mO, and a banner. I want some critique. The first is the header. The guy is from War of Genesis. I made the background by putting about 9 images together and messing with their opacity. The text got a little fuzzy, I'm not sure why though. It says "The Spring Time Fiasco, staring Haze." It reminded me of some old movie, don't know why. So I gave it a movie title. *is odd* I want to know what you think. The banner is my new favorite. I blended about 4 images for this one. I originally created to be the background on a Star Ocean EX banner for someone, but I was never able to fully crop those stupid people. So I cut them out of it and made it my own. ^^ The text "Stand Back" is from the song by Phantom Planet. Enjoy.
Baron Samedi Posted May 16, 2004 Posted May 16, 2004 [size=1][color=darkred]The banner isn't too bad, and reminds me of mountains and waterfalls...but there is a problem with the left... 1/10 of it. It goes dark there, obviously where one of the blends has a darker part...and I personally don't like that bit. As for the Introduction piece...I generally like it. I think that the green could do with being darker... it feels a bit too 'lime' for the content, and some of the cropping [read: hair and outside right leg] could be improved. The actual image looks good though.... Why would something be 'staring Haze'? Do you stare at people? lol. It is 'starring'. :p Overall, not too bad, just a few bits I would personally change.[/size][/color]
Haze Posted May 24, 2004 Author Posted May 24, 2004 *hits forhead* CRAPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose that everything will be ok since I am about to change. x__x I found this picture of this girl.....and I don't know who she is.... I NEED to know! It is killing me. She is so kawaii. *cough* Anyways...yeah. I took into mind what yousaid about the blue and the green not working well (or whatever that was that you said) on myOtaku, and I decided that I want something blue, not green. It's a girl's perogative to change her mind though. *nods* I think this one looks better than the other one. The background doesn't seem so.....bad....and.....ugly....yeah. Why "Look Out For That Blue Sky"? I dunno. I have no idea where that came from.
Adora Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 On the original pieces: I like the blue one, but the one of Chris from War of Genesis is a bit... odd, because of the green, and it's not very clean. It simply doesn't suit him, or match the blue, so it's good you chose a different scheme. I've never seen the little chick before, though she suits the blue a little better. Where did you get her picture from?
Haze Posted May 26, 2004 Author Posted May 26, 2004 I got that picture from some website...can't remember which. For Baron, I redid the banner. I made it "thinner" and changed the text. I also solarized it, and it looked pretty neat. So both are attatched. Which one should I use?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now