Brasil Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 Just a very old Zelda sprite comic I was working on a while back. Suddenly had the urge to get back into it, possibly finish it. I will if people want more, that is. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19272&stc=1[/img] [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19246&stc=1[/img] [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19273&stc=1[/img]
DeadSeraphim Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 [COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]We needses more before we can properly judge hte comic aspects of ze piece, though it looks like it shaping up pretty good. As for actual graphics... the red text on grey doesn't work whichever way you put it man. :p Its hard to read. ~CrH~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Brasil Posted May 26, 2004 Author Posted May 26, 2004 Thanks for the reply, CrH. I'll post more then, as to give you a better idea of what the plot is. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19248&stc=1[/img] [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19249&stc=1[/img]
BlueYoshi Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 [COLOR=Teal]It'll be amusing to see where this goes, heh. I like the Four Swords adaptation you've used, it blends in pretty well with the original Zelda settings. Keep it up, I'll be sure to tune in. Scout's honor.[/COLOR]
Brasil Posted May 27, 2004 Author Posted May 27, 2004 Glad to see this ancient comic is getting a positive response, lol. It's really the first sprite comic I ever did. I had messed with various little things in Paint, but never anything with an actual plot. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19274&stc=1[/img] [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19275&stc=1[/img]
TheShinje Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 [font=Verdana][size=2]Hilarious man, they were great, I can't wait to see how the rest of this comic pans out. [/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2]The sprites themselves were well done, and the scenes look vibrant and alive, but perhaps that's because a highlighter green sprite is blining me lol *_*[/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2][color=magenta][b][quote]"I'm Purple, why am I purple?"[/b][/color][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2][color=red][b]"Who's Purple?"[/b][/color][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2][color=magenta][b]"Me"[/b][/color][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2][color=red][b]"You've got to be more[/b] [b]specific"[/quote][/b][/color][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2][color=black]I really liked that part, nice colored-text humor. :p Keep up the good work.[/color][/size][/font]
Charles Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 You get points for being creative and disturbing at the same time. I love the opening art direction with the exception of the red text overlapping the monitor. As was mentioned, it's a tad hard to recognize. Other than that, I appreciate the dialogue; hopefully you'll start to show us a change of landscape though and move it along. I'm enjoying it so far but unless you're able to manipulate the sprites into interesting poses, this project is going to rely squarely on the narrative.
Brasil Posted May 28, 2004 Author Posted May 28, 2004 Charles, you know me too well. ~_^ [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19290&stc=1[/img] [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19291&stc=1[/img]
Shinmaru Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 A lot of innuendo, indeed :p I preferred the second panel, mostly because the image of the old man in the cave disintegrating is a pretty funny image lol. I like the interaction between the characters, as well. Leads to some pretty funny exchanges, heh. Now, we need to see more.
Brasil Posted May 31, 2004 Author Posted May 31, 2004 Two more panels. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19352&stc=1[/img] [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19353&stc=1[/img]
DeadSeraphim Posted May 31, 2004 Posted May 31, 2004 [COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]This is hilarious. I especially like the second last frame. 'Zora Food?' Laughed my *** off. Keep goin' man. ~CrH~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Charles Posted June 1, 2004 Posted June 1, 2004 I really like how this is coming along now. The repetition of "He's very much dead" and the sprites looking down on the corpse are priceless.
lea Posted June 2, 2004 Posted June 2, 2004 [quote name='Charles']The repetition of "He's very much dead" and the sprites looking down on the corpse are priceless.[/quote] When Charlie puts it that way, it makes it even funnier. XD Tsk. Alex messes with inuendos again ^_~ I really really like where this is going. *nods*
Brasil Posted June 4, 2004 Author Posted June 4, 2004 Two more, hehe. These two were [i]really[/i] fun to make, lol. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19413&stc=1[/img] [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19414&stc=1[/img]
DeadSeraphim Posted June 4, 2004 Posted June 4, 2004 [font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=Indigo]'Direct all queries to my lawyer' XD This is getting better and better man. Bet the 'battle' was fun to make too. ;) ~CrH~[/color][/size][/font]
Charles Posted June 5, 2004 Posted June 5, 2004 These latest ones are all right. I'm not sure if I like them as much as the last ones though. It's getting kind of confusing and chaotic. These are still enjoyable to read and look over but I think you'd benefit from having animated gifs where the dialogue appears over each character instead.
James Posted June 5, 2004 Posted June 5, 2004 [color=#707875]I think you are continuing a good trend here...I like the last two, as I mentioned on AIM. I think that animation would be the next logical step, as Charles mentioned. However, if you make that step, it will be critical to keep your image sizes down (memory-wise) and to ensure that the text doesn't flash on and off too quickly or slowly. So there are some new design considerations involved there. But it's definitely worth considering. ~_^[/color]
BlueYoshi Posted June 5, 2004 Posted June 5, 2004 [color=teal]It's true; the panels are starting to get over-crowded, which isn't always nice if it's not your intention. I think the main problem here is that you're over exaggerating the scenes a little, for example, in the last panel we don't need all those sprites and animation, we generally need to know the gist of the situation, especially that the premise of the story is based more around the comedic side, which generally makes the fight scenes irrelevant. I like that you've colour-coded the dialogue with each Link, if not then it would be confusing as hell, but overall I think that it's fine as it is, but I still think that James? proposal is worth trying out.[/color]
Brasil Posted June 5, 2004 Author Posted June 5, 2004 Thanks for the feedback. Fortunately, the "action" panels are very few throughout the story...I think, lol. I'll know when I get there. :p But yes. I do see how it can get chaotic and such with all the sprites. I agree that animation can be extremely useful in this type of presentation, and if I was able to do animation well, I'd do it. But, the sizing would be an issue, I think. With this comic, I'm looking to actually do more "traditional" panel comics, as opposed to banner animation-type material. Here are the next two panels. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19444&stc=1[/img] [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19445&stc=1[/img]
Secily Posted July 6, 2004 Posted July 6, 2004 More!!!!!!!! We need more funny! This is great, but I don't understand one thing... :help: ... who was the old lady that got killed?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now