OtakuBoards

Problems::warning !!(due to the maturity of this thread)

Emme888

[QUOTE=Heaven's Cloud][color=indigo]It seems as though everyone has more or less covered the basis. My only advice for you is the same advice that I give to everyone that has a psychological disorder. Exercise. Lots and lots of exercise. When you are able to become disciplined enough to workout regularly you tend to become disciplined in other aspects of your life as well. It is also very theraputic, killing off quite a bit of your free time and allowing your mind to wander away from your life problems as well.

I would also guess that working out would help remedy your poor self image. It would help you tone up and get leaner while the same time allowing you to eat without haveing to purge (mainly because your body will need the food for your workouts to be effective).

Anyway, whatever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck :)[/color][/QUOTE]
She's anorexic. She needs to eat first.

OK OK.. maybe i quite haven't described my eating situation enough yet.

I don't eat.. but when i do. It's usally a can of soup.. around 260 calories.. or sumthing like that. And than i go and do workout mode on DDR and make sure I burn at least that amount off. I only purge when I'm really hungry and eat something over my 500 calorie a day limit. But the limit really doesn't exsist cause of my excercising.. i excercise after every meal..that's not the issue.

Like if i eat something and than excercise it off..and than am still hungry that's when ill eat, and than go purge. But i do eat.. but than burn it off..even if its only about 500ish calories a day.

I use to get really tired from the lack of calories to burn off each day.. but ive gotten use to it.

like today.. i went to bed around 3am.. woke up at 6 am for the venus thingy and went back to bed until around 1pm.. than i woke up cleaned the house, and laundry.. worked on my art for awhile..than i excercised about 500 calories off..ate a can of campbells soup..and had a water.. excercised and than more artwork. hahah straving artist :laugh: .. ohh bad joke. :(

soo i duno.. im prolly in need of some more food.. but eh im not hungry. So i dont eat?

[color=firebrick] Ok. *deep breathe* [b]500 calories a day?[/b] That's the number of calories people try to burn when they're on a diet. 500 calories a day is first of all extremely unhealthy and life-threatening and it's hard to believe that you've gone on like this for so long. [/color]

[i]I only purge when I'm really hungry and eat something over my 500 calorie a day limit....than i excercised about 500 calories off[/i]

[color=firebrick]The average person usually takes in [b]2000[/b] calories a day, and diets usually consit of 1000-1500 calories. You're taking in 500 and then burning it off. Impossible. You need to stop doing this now, unless you're making a miscalculation of how many calories you're taking in and burning off. You know that you are pretty, you've said in one of your posts. You are smart, so stop this. If you [i]know[/i] that you're pretty and you [i]know[/i] that you're skinny, then stop trying to please everyone that's around you. I mean, if all you need is a can of soup and you're truthfully not hungry for the rest of the day, fine. That's okay for one day. But to keep that up for days at a time, especially when you're in high school and body is still growing like heck, that is not ok.

Compulsive excercising is also a disorder, don't think that you have to excercise 24/7 to make yourself better-looking or 'skinnier'. [/color]

[i] .. I'm Asian..and Im just wondering? what Is it that you see... ive heard the whole asian thing before.. but ive never really understod it ..wanna explain? Cause yeah .. we're all basically the same.. black hair, black eyes, about 107 ish lbs, small feet, and are around 5 feet? What else is there? I've never understood it..so just explain..well anyone if they do the whole asian thing too[/i] [from another thread]

[color=firebrick]For a small frame, that is the norm. But I seriously...don't understand how you're the norm when all you're eating is a can of soup and working it off.
[/color]

ummm kinda harsh.. don't you think? I can't help it.. you know. that's just how my mind works, and I guess ill never satisified with what I have..cause I will continuelly compare myself with other girls.

stupid as it may seem.. but yes. Its hard to around my friends..cause most of them are guys.. and guys being guys will compare with you with about anything that has 2 legs and a vagina. So yes.. maybe it's from the people i hang out with.. or dont hang out with. I really dont know.

And now I'm starting to eat more...Im slowly working my way up to a normal diet..but it just takes time i suppose. I started to eat normally, and my body wouldn't allow it. It made me sick to eat that much food..and it just ended up going through me with like 15 mins, or causing me to have a tummy ache for the rest of the day.

But I realy dont know how a person can eat more healthy foods, but in turn it makes them sicker to do so?

[QUOTE=Emme888]
But I realy dont know how a person can eat more healthy foods, but in turn it makes them sicker to do so?[/QUOTE]
You're body is so used to being so malnurished that it gets overloaded with a simple meal. That's why you don't get that hungry anymore. It's used to nothing.

Hmm... See, I studied a lot on psychology /back there/, and that (sounds somehow weird) makes it rather complicated to give an answer. (reads the thread through)

It's around Thursday. How was it?

The only dumb idea that flows through my dizzy head (Don't kill me!) is what if you post a picture of yours? Not much sense, but I still guess that you could see from other's people reaction that what you think is mostly imagination... Therefore, it could change the way you think @_@

Night

[color=#9933ff]Perhaps you live in NZ or Australia, Ocean? I'm assuming Emme lives in the USa (if i'm wrong, do correct me). Unfortunately, it's only Wednesday night, so you (and I) will have to wait another day to find out. ^^;;;;

I'm really proud that you started to eat a lot more, again! It's like Harry said; you're so used to starvation, that your body can't handle normal quantities of food. But thats not an excuse to stick with 500 calories a day. Here's a suggestion (you don't have to follow it, though): Maybe aim to eat 750-1000 calories for two whole weeks, and try not to work out to burn all of it off (if you really want to excersize, don't burn it all off). Then, the next two weeks, go for 1000-1250, etc. I have no idea if that would work, and you don't have to, but you can try that approach.

I do want to make clear, though, that I'm really proud that you've tried eating normal amounts. Score another one for Emme! ^_^[/color]

alright.... today is NOW thrusday.. and yes I do live in the usa. Iowa.. unforunately.. but heres how it went: Went this morning to see the therapist, and yes we talked. I told him everything about my eating problems.. and he said as long as I was obcessing over it, that I was normal. We also talked about my ambitions and drives in life. He said for being a 16 year old that i am very mature, and that I have drive above the normal.

Which is good, So he said im very mature, and that im more mature for my age. And that I have good morals, goals, and drives in life.

So basically I'm just very mature for my age, very driven, and probably am kinda irritated with people my own age due to the lack of maturity yet. I find it funny, I go to the doctor to see how messed up I really am, and it turns out that I'm not only fine. But I'm above average in most everything.

He did say though, that my calorie intake might he low, so he suggested that I see a dietian if i wanted. He said he thinks that im doing great, and he told me even when it comes to guys... that high school for me doesn't see to work, he says I have the maturity of most adults so I'll probably end up with someone older than me and when I'm in college.

He said I need to work on my study skills, and to actually try when it comes to school. He said my parents and friends should be proud of me. He really found it interesting that Im so goal oriented and already know what I want to major in, and where i want to go to school.

so yeah... today I found out that I'm above normal... eh go figure.

[QUOTE=Emme888]alright.... today is NOW thrusday.. and yes I do live in the usa. Iowa.. unforunately.. but heres how it went: Went this morning to see the therapist, and yes we talked. I told him everything about my eating problems.. and he said as long as I was obcessing over it, that I was normal. We also talked about my ambitions and drives in life. He said for being a 16 year old that i am very mature, and that I have drive above the normal.

Which is good, So he said im very mature, and that im more mature for my age. And that I have good morals, goals, and drives in life.

So basically I'm just very mature for my age, very driven, and probably am kinda irritated with people my own age due to the lack of maturity yet. I find it funny, I go to the doctor to see how messed up I really am, and it turns out that I'm not only fine. But I'm above average in most everything.

He did say though, that my calorie intake might he low, so he suggested that I see a dietian if i wanted. He said he thinks that im doing great, and he told me even when it comes to guys... that high school for me doesn't see to work, he says I have the maturity of most adults so I'll probably end up with someone older than me and when I'm in college.

He said I need to work on my study skills, and to actually try when it comes to school. He said my parents and friends should be proud of me. He really found it interesting that Im so goal oriented and already know what I want to major in, and where i want to go to school.

so yeah... today I found out that I'm above normal... eh go figure.[/QUOTE]

You need to go to a doctor that doesn't tell someone who's anorexic they're fine.

That actually /was/ the doc' she needed, huh? As long as she's okay it's okay for her, so I don't see any sense. That onw was easy to persuade anyway. (yeah... And Emme, you aren't reading this thread anymore are you? You aren't) So whatwasitalkingaboutyeahthepeopleareeasytopersuadenowadays (And that was the day he was banned for offtopic, laziness (dunnowhy), weirdness (as long as it's me) and unreadable 40-letter words. Dezoxyribonucleopsylobicinepolietilheneglycoleamphetomine.

yeah... thanks everyone... sorry my computer has had a virus..

saw the dietian..

he was really quite worried... He said that none of my eating habit are very good, he said that the excercise is fine..but that I need to incorporate more healthier foods, ect.

but now that i've been going to the pool everyday.. i'm just not the hungry anymore... I have been eating better, and gained some weight :/ but ill get use to it... I hope..right now i dont really like it..but I'll get adjusted. Hell my boobs are bigger..but so my tummy..the only downfall

Does anyone know of good tummy excercises.. you know. .to get the little section underneath the belly button? ... thats the only fat I have.. and its bothers me..cause no matter how many damn crunches i do.. it never goes away.

someone said lay off protein, and that'll help.. eh?any suggestions?

[QUOTE=Emme888]
Does anyone know of good tummy excercises.. you know. .to get the little section underneath the belly button? ... thats the only fat I have.. and its bothers me..cause no matter how many damn crunches i do.. it never goes away.

someone said lay off protein, and that'll help.. eh?any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Crunches work the upper part of the abs. To get the lower you have to do exercises like doing the flying bycicle exercise (where your back is against the ground and you "pedal" in mid air).

Also laying off the protein is a horrible horrible idea.

[QUOTE=Emme888]Does anyone know of good tummy excercises.. you know. .to get the little section underneath the belly button? ... thats the only fat I have.. and its bothers me..cause no matter how many damn crunches i do.. it never goes away.

someone said lay off protein, and that'll help.. eh?any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]If you want to be lean and have a good physique, nothing is more essential to your diet than protein, it is the building blocks of lean muscle. Follow the dieticians advice, if you work out quite a bit I am sure he/she is recommending a balanced diet that is high in proteins (chicken, turkey, steak), vitamins ( all of your fruits and veggies) and essential carbs (those made with wheat and not white flour). Anyway, here are some ab exercises for your lower abdominals.

--Using an exercise ball
Lying flat on your back grip the exercise ball between your claves

Using your abdominal muscles (keep you back straight!) simultaneously pull your upper body and lower body into a V-shape until you can grab the exercise ball

Slowly lower both sides of your body but do not allow your feet to rest or touch the foor

Repeat the same motion placing the ball back in between your legs

Do as many as you can

--Without an exercise ball
Lying flat on your back, grab a chair leg or a pair of ankles to keep you steady

Keeping your legs straight, raise them until they are at a 90 degree angle to your body.

Very slowly lower them until they are just hovering above the ground

Repeat until you cannot repeat

[/color]

[color=darkblue]Body image and self-image are two completely different things.

If anyone gives her any more diet or excercise tips, I will personally beat them.

Girl, you could never eat again. You could do crunches until you pass out. You could run a marathon until you are 80 years old. But that doesn't mean you would like yourself.

There's something deeper behind all this. Your body image problem and the eating disorders are just symptoms of a larger self-esteem issue. Until you figure out what that is, you will never be content with yourself.

And forget about that guy. You shouldn't need him to reaffirm that you are beautiful, especially from what you've told us about yourself in this thread.

"This, too, shall pass."[/color]

ok, first all... for awhile there I was getting better and such.
I gained weight, and such and was eating whatever the hell I liked. like i was actually eating fast food, and such... but I gained too much, because I didn't like it. cause I could tell when i gain too much, or lose too much. I could definately tell that my tummy was getting bigger, cause that's the only place i gain weight.

dont be mad guys...but im cutting back down again. I dunno why, believe it or not I am happier when im this size. Cause within a few days of cutting down again I'm back down to the orginal size i started with. I'm happier with myself this way, I'm excercising but not the extreme levels that I once was doing.

Yah... what should i be doin if i am happier at this weight, and lifestyle.. even though it may not be the best choice in life, as in health wise.

And by happy... i dont mean.. jumping in the air, going to be the next super model happy... but rather... i like it better than when i gained the weight..... and I'm not happy happy i guess but....i dunno. I really just lost at the moment...

but you guys would be proud.. i was offered a half an oz of weed the other night, and i said no, and i found a way to leave. cause frankly... that's alot of weed.. I dont like it.. so i figured why get that messed up, if i dont like it.

so 1 improvement out of 2 ain't so bad, is it kids?

emme, ur doin great! :) i understand that u wanna go back down, and thats ur choice. the only thing i ask of u is not to go up and down in wieght to much. I know ur tryin to gain a few pounds, but dont gain too much then loose it and try to gain that much again. that can hurt you. believe me, ive had a family member that's died from it. so try to keep in between a size range like 95-110 lbs or somethin like that. no im not saying i want u to get fatter, im happy for you no matter what! you're so strong to come out in public and talk about these things. i wouldnt be able to do it. good luck and may god be with you every day of your struggle. Stay strong!!! :D

[color=darkviolet]A cousin of mine is still suffering from Bulimarexia (a combination of Anorexia Nervousa and Bulimia), even though her parents went and started treatment on her about ten years ago. So this subject kind of hits close to home.

What I'd recommend is seeing a psychiatrist. Or reading some books about th elong term effects. Do you honestly have any idea what you're doing to your body in the long run? You keep depriving your body of nutrients and your organs are going to fail on you. You could die from kidney failure or a number of other problems brought about by this disorder.

Many people become either annorexic or bulimic to try and feel some control in their life. From what you've mentioned about school and extra ciricular activities could that be why you decided to start refusing yourself food as some kind of control mechanism?

I'm no expert, I haven't read too many books on the subject. The last time I actually did any research on this subject was for my senior paper five years ago. But I will say that you need help, and that first doctor you mentioned should be taken outside and smacked around a bit.

In closing, I have to agree with Lady M. I'll beat the next person senseless who tries to tell her how to excercise. You want to tell me how to excercise fine, but don't tell an annorexic how to excercise.[/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
Many people become either annorexic or bulimic to try and feel some control in their life. From what you've mentioned about school and extra ciricular activities could that be why you decided to start refusing yourself food as some kind of control mechanism?[/color][/QUOTE]

omg, when you mentioned control for me.. its like you read my mind... in my open diary entry that's exactly what i wrote.... in fact let me find my passage:::

exerpt from a pasage from 6-20-04

Which has really helped me out this summer alot. I feel whenever i'm sad, bored, and just whatever I can go to that world, and everything is alright. I think it's cause I control what I do on paper and that I have control. That's what I think drew me my problems, cause I could control my body and what was going on. I liked that.... it was a weird sense of power, but it was real to me. I could see the differences it made and didn't make. I dunno i think that's why i also like art... its me controling how the prespective is and its how i see it. I can make the most beautiful thing ugly in my eyes, or see the brillance in an unknown oddity. I often find the most unusal things are the best.

But what does it mean... I know I want control, and I get it by doin that.. but what do i have do to besides that to find control? or whatever i need?