OtakuBoards

Teenage Tortures (Note: this may get mostly girl related)

kenshinsbabe

When people become teens, they either get really unruly or extremely annoying. My friend is getting extremely over dramatic and it's getting on my nerves, another friend turned into a bit of a control freak and soon, it will be my turn. I'm not sure if i'm scared or what, but i just want some reassurance. I'm one of the youngest in my grade and most of the teens in my grade (which is practically everybody) are either mean and bullyish or annoyingly obsessed with thinking that they are dark and mean and not realizing that they are being a drama queen. I don't want to turn into any of that. I want some advice about becoming a teen. thanx!!

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]O_o""

You know how, when you're driving, and you pass a sign that says "You are now leaving such-and-such, entering this-and-that?" but everything looks the same? In other words, it's nothing special, although you thought it would be dramatically different.

As long as you have a few friends to do stupid things (eat ice cream with a spoon held between chopsticks, for instance) with, everything is as "meh" as it was before.

Yep. Life experience is over-rated, from what I can see. *burns things*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]When I turned 13 I didn't notice anything remarkably different. Its not like I had a remarkable personality change or anything like in a Kevin and Perry skit I once saw (hilarious). Its like Godel said, you don't notice any difference.

Over time your personality may change, but that's to be expected, its called growing up. Unruly teenage hormones usually have a hand in that too, but don't expect it to happen overnight. If your friends are acting all dark or like control freaks... then its just naunces of their personality you probably didn't notice before, because you weren't so self conscious about being younger then them. Or its to do with outside influences like family situations, something you probably don't hear much about. Whatever. I need sleep.

~CrH~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

hehehehe :D

Sorry, I just find it slightly amusing to see someone ask for advice on becoming a teen.

Other than having to learn to control those "hormones". However by already realizing that most teens are annoying as %*#$ you're already on your way to becoming a better teen.

Considering you see the others as being 'over dramatic' don't you think you're overreacting just a little bit to the fact that your age will place you into a new catergory which is totally over dramatized/rated...???

You'll be fine.

Look at it this way. In about seven years, assuming the I'm-dark and mean-so-don't-mess-with-me wannabes don't get to you first, you'll be an adult and will be considered 'normal' ;)

I went through depression when I was around 12/13 years old, pretty serious. There's no saying you will or will not go through depression, all I know is it's the hardest and most life-draining thing any teenager could ever go through.

It happens with 1 in every 3 teenagers in Australia or something, I don't know, something like that. [i]Teenagers[/i]. Nearly everything that can have a very serious impact on your life, that will happen to you, will happen while you're in your teens.

I don't mean to scare you. Just stay happy and stay out of trouble and it'll be right. If you don't take everything so seriously and go with the flow you won't even know you're a teenager 'til you're past all these years anyway.

I should've taken that same advice.

[color=orange][size=2][font=times new roman]Dudeness... 0.o I have to say, I don't agree with the 'nothing really changes' statement.I turned 13 in march, and at first it didn't seem to different.

I've always been the bubbly friendly type, and when I turned 13 I started to become... serious. And I actually know hwat I am doing, and what I am doing it for. Its creepy. Actually, I physically matured somewhere around 10-11 years old... One of the only girls in my class who did.

It was neat being taller than all the guys - until they hit hteir growth spurts, and became taller than me... I'm rambling. Even if you don't noticed something happening, becoming a teen does change you slightly. A year ago I asked one of my guy friends how he liked me. He said as a friend, maybe later as something more. SO when I emailed him to say I liked him as more than a friend, he said he did, too. I did change when I became a teenager. I am more focused, and more serious about my work.

Hey, though, it depends on the person. Good luck!

Skye[/color][/font][/size]

[size=1][color=hotpink]The chance of happening to boys are just as likely as to girls, but maybe changes are more dramatic to girls because they care about how they look/ dress much more than some boys do. However, it's just a sign that you're gradually changing.

I'm pretty sure that when you say that people are being really bitchy and are really irritating, it only applies to certain individuals. But I think overall, many teenagers do realize what puberty do to them. And just because that you're going through puberty doesn't mean that you can take advantage of getting pissed off at someone easily, or do something that are outrageous. There are changes in myself that happened just this pass few months or years, but these changes make me a better person towards everyone. Puberty leads to either the goods or the bads. So why don't you try to make friends with the people in your school that isn't like the way that you described here in your post.

Best wishes to you in your teenage years! ^^ [/size][/color]

[color=darkviolet]My only big change at 13 was [i]the[/i] change. I already had the bosoms in 3rd grade, I just paid for my last pair of X chromosomes that year.

I can't recall too many big changes when i became a teenager. I do remember a friend of mine throwing her ghetto barbie jeep at me when she got mad at me and she was 13. But I doubt that's an actual sign. I think that's more like a cry for help.

Your friends may be becoming slightly less stable, but I've never met your friends so I don't know if that's due to the whole coming of age thing, or just because of their environment.

Mostly I'd go with what Godel said with the whole Welcome to such and such a place. Turning 13 is like going from one place in Ohio to the next. You don't notice the change.[/color]

Guest Duosbabe
turning 13 is no different than waking up when u turned 10. for me there was no difference, ur parents might say stuff like "run for the hills she is 13" or other crap like that. ur parents might say there is a difference and say that u just changed when u turn 13 but like i said there is no difference. but thats me who knows what it will be like for u. only u will no that. ooh yeah i hope that iam not included in ur discription of "friends" cuz i no i didnt change that much if at all.

0_o...guess im the only one here to somewhat notice a change...quite drastically, i might add. of c ourse, i guess it wasnt that different for me. I pissed my parents off all the same, had all the same thoughts, yada yada. i was so excited when i turned 13 that i thought i would have control over everything...*shakes his head* christ did i find out that wasnt true. as well, when you become a teen, you tend to do more...stupid stuff, i guess. and always ALWAYS remember,: If it sounds like fun, you're gonna get busted.
ok well maybe not, but i have done some stupid s**t in my teen years (enough to last a lifetime and im turning 15 monday the 7th 0_o) that i regret now.

the only advice i can offer, i guess, would be just to hang loose and be your normal self, the way you want to be, and the way you feel. if other people dont like it, thats their problem. heh, i get "bullied" at skool because i dress in black and listen to "bad music", which i guess is defined as electronica, metal, punk, ska, psycho-billy... but i really dont give a rats ***** because in my mind, i know their the ones listening to bad music(50 cent), doin drugs n whatnot.
so despite the way others make you feel, ignore it. Ignore it and be your own person, because someday, YOU will be the manager of the company they work for, YOU will be the one who they look up to...

[size=1][color=blue]Yeah its probably hormones they'll settle down eventually around the time I had my first growth spurt I started getting really depressed and would just start crying for no reason and it still continues to this day and its been about 2 years maybe becasue im still growing (6'2 and counting) but it comes and goes sometimes i'll yell at my friends for no reason and flip out on them because i just want to fight with someone its weird. But it's beginning to settle down and im getting less and less hostile.[/size][/color]

You don't change overnight. It's a very long process which can carry on, long after your teen years. Puberty can hit you as early as 8 I believe, and as late as past 14 (can't remember the exact ages). Hormones make you moody, but I think the whole teenage thing is so hyped, kids feel they are changed. As we get older, we demand more, which is what being a teenager is basically all about. Don't try and grow up too fast, enjoy the easy life while you can is what I think ;]