OtakuBoards

Rate this banner please...?

Neko

I built this banner for my friend, and I was just wondering if it's any good. So, I figured, 'why not just ask the people?' So, here I am. And, provided nothing wierd happens to the host... :shifty: ...here's the banner:
[IMG]http://img74.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Cursed_Vortex/JoshBanner1.jpg[/IMG]

...Well, while I'm at it, does anyone like the banner I built for myself...?It should be in my signature, but just in case:
[IMG]http://img74.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Cursed_Vortex/FlCl.gif[/IMG]
Please just rate these things 1-10, and give your reasons for your answers. Thanks!

This shouldn't be in the art by request forum so ask one of the mods to move it.

I think that the first one would be a 9 and the only reason for that is one of the sephiroths has pink hair.

and the second one 8 because it is puzzling in a way but is very good quality.

Hey there. I would rate the first one nine. Oh I'll just rate it that because it is good but it is missing something. I can't tell what. The second one is ten. It moves, it looks cool, and it is pink. Oh and Wave_of_Death please make me a banner that will be at least an eight out of ten and reflect upon my otaku personality. Or you can make on of wolf's rain. Yeah I'd like that.

Sorry to be a pain in the backside Wave, but this shouldn't really be in this forum. Threads in this forum are to request banners or avatars, not to display them. You should have posted this in the main forum.

EDIT: (oops.. sorry. Cloud hadn't posted yet when I started writing this)

Oops...yeah, I know this doesn't belong here, I had just been finished with the post, when I noticed I was in the wrong section. So, rather than waste the time re-typing, I just posted it. Don't even start to talk to me about cut/paste, because that hadn't even occurred to me. Ummm...I'm not really familiar with the whole moderator deal yet, even though I've been here for some time...Anyone here know how I can ask a moderator to move this? Once again, my sincerest apologies!

Seeing how this is going to be moved, instead of me making a new topic/thread, I figured I could hijack yours for a second. I've just started on this banner thing, and my first attempt is what is below.

[IMG]http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Aanallein/Prognosticated_Bereavement.jpg[/IMG]

I'm sorry if I offended you Wave of Death by hijacking your topic. But seeing how I am using it, I will rate your banners.

For your first one, I think the text needs something to bring it forward a bit more, make it more readable. As for the rest of it, I'd give it an 8. It is very well done.

As for the second. I just don't quite know. I don't like it very much, but that is just personal preference I think. But you did put the effort in making it and that gives it high marks.