OtakuBoards

Skateboarding

Nate

[color=purple]I've been wondering for a while, does anyone skateboard on this site besides me? Cause I've been wonderin...[/color]

[color=darkorchid]Well, I currently have no board ,but 'm saving up to get an ELement Bam Him 4 with Destructo Bam trucks, Element Bam wheels, Element Grip Tape Lucky Bearings. A whole lot of Element...[/color]

[color=purple]I can ollie, fakie ollie, 50-50, frontside lipslide, frontside boardslide, and frontside nose slide. I'm working on stalls and my frontside tailslide. and Nose Grind.[/color]

[color=darkorchid]So, if you skateboard ,what type of deck to you have? What tricks can you do? Come on people, start talkin![/color]

[color=purple])\( @ T 3[/color]

I used to skate a lot... But now that I managed to absolutely _devastate_ my board (wasn't an ultra decent one anyway) I'm just going to buy one.
I started skating about a year ago... And I wasn't actually really training, so I can ollie, kickflip, (pop)shove it and mannualling. Oh, yeah the grinds. 50-50=)), sometimes managing 5-0, but faar from perfect. Well, summertime's comming, so I look further to traaaaaain! :devil:

I've been skateboarding a fair bit lately. I dropped off it for a while.

I have three decks, two which I've worn out to almost nothing. My current deck which I'm more balanced on than the other two I own and have worn out, is a Blind Hangman Mini. I tend to be more balanced with this deck 'cause of the extra inch taken off the width, the wider decks I loose line easier.[url="http://skateamerica.com/Skate/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&User_ID=12384442&st=1966&st2=-70335577&st3=-75256321&Product_ID=14958&CATID=20"]
[/url]
My other two decks, a Blind Death Metal and a Blind Slasher, I've worn them out a fair bit. They've both gone through two sets of wheels and two rolls of griptape.

I had just fitted my Slasher deck with brand-new Blind Abec-5 Lifetakers Bearings when I snapped the back truck. I pretty much gave up on skateboarding once that happened. I thought I'd never lay one of my feet on another deck again.

But it's hard when you got mates into the whole skating thing and the skate-comps around and whatever. I only started again about three weeks ago. I got my third deck about two weeks ago, and I gotta say it's an awesome board.

Trickwise, I can do the basic stuff. The manual, ollie, kickflip, pop shove-it, heelflip, and one trick that took alot of injuries, the trey-flip. The slides- boardslide, noseslide-- frontside nose bluntside (took alot of blood), lipslide, tailslide. Grinds, only the backside feeble grind, the backside 50-50, and the frontside and backside 5-0. At the moment I'm trying to pick up on my air, and one trick I've almost nearly got a hold of, the handplant. The only tricks I really have a problem with are the stalls. Nearly every bad injury or broken bone I've got from skateboarding has resulted from a stall. I find it hard to believe counting the amount of injuries I've had... but it happens.

...yes I love Blind. :smoke:

[QUOTE=Oceanborn]What in the world is a treyflip?
[/QUOTE]
[color=purple]To be honest, I'm not sure. Hardflip is a kickflip and pop shuv together, 360 flip's a kicflip with a...uhm...something..but a treflip I'm not sure of.[/color]

[color=darkorchid]Man, you are right...you love blind, don't you?[/color]

[color=purple]Oh, and to let you know...I've been a ksater for abotu 3 monhts, but total time with the board...low. Decks breaking, etc.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=darkorchid])\( @ T 3[/color]

Well, i've been skating for only 3 weeks now but i love it. I'm known for being a daredevil and just rolling in on stuff. I know rolling in doesn't sound really hard but i roll in on stuff that can scrape your deck so if you go really slow it might catch the bottom of your deck and ou'll most likely fall. I can do no tricks at the moment but i'm working on it. I am also learning how to drop in... It's pretty scary.

As for my board. I have an Element Fiberlight, with Silver trucks, Spitfire wheels, and Bones Swiss Original bearings. As you can tell it's really light because i only weigh 72 lbs. I'm planning on getting a new board maybe the same thing just a different color scheme and i'm hoping on getting Bones Swiss Ceramic bearings.

I haven't got any major injuries but i've scraped my right knee to many times to count. So many scars but it's worth it because skatings so fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Hell ya! About time someone came up wit dis thread. I skate alot. I've been skating for about two years now I think. I got a playground deck with a ton of stickers on it, independent trucks, pig wheels, zero griptape with the Jamie Thomas cross on it, lucky bearings, and dooks risers. I can do a ton of tricks. I can ollie (of course), kickflip, varial kickflip, shuvit, pop shuvit, fakie kickflip, fakie varial kickflip, fakie pop shuvit, nollie, fakie ollie, 180, fakie 180, acid drop, nose stall, tail stall, disaster, blunt stall, 5-0, 50-50, manual, nose manual, backside 180, boardslide, backside boardslide, hardflip, casper, casper flip, nosegrab, fakie tailgrab, melon, mute, seatbelt air, cannonball, etc. Theres still alot left but I forget some of the names. Plus I've invented sum tricks and haven't named em yet. I'm goofy footed and I'm a total street skater. I can skate halfpipes but I really don't enjoy it as much as flatland. I can ollie really high and I mostly just work on my ollies by jumping over stuff. I can now ollie high enough to clear a normal sized trashcan that's layaing on it's side. Well, thats it all! Later every one...keeep sk8ng!!!

[SIZE=1]I used to skateboard, but I stopped because I almost killed myself after six months of doing it. I know this may sound stupid, but when I was fifteen, I did a nose grind on my roof (two-story)...and yeah. ^____^; I usually could do it everyday, but that day I was a little off, and I fell off the roof, breaking my arm and leg. Luckily, something told me to wear a helment that day. But I still collect skateboards for fun, and I'm getting back into the skateboard business. Yay! I like to do ollies, kick flips, nose grinds, and heel-flips.

*Goes back to skating on the roof...and lands in the pool* >.<[/SIZE]

I just had an AISA (accident that involved stitches after) I put a post up, if you want more details. I hadn?t been skating in two years so today I thought I would go down to the skate park and I?d be good as new. Well let?s say I was a little rusty.
I love skating though. :)

[QUOTE=Oceanborn]What in the world is a treyflip?
I thought I'm a walking now-it-all about tricks since I walked through *all* the Tony Hawk's Pro Skaters (beside a bit skating mself) and, see, there are a lot of tricks in there.[/QUOTE]A 360 flip.

Around here all it's called is a treyflip. Sorry, I shouldn't have called it by its street name. I dunno why it got that name but. Must sound more better or somethin'...

Guest Vash331
No, I don't really skateboard. My little brother bought a skateboard and i can at least keep my balance, that's about it.