OtakuBoards

what is the differince between ruroni kenshin and samurai X

Guest aeroboy

Guest aeroboy
i watch ruroni kenshin alot.my friend told me about a simuler anime called samurai X.i saw a picture of kenshin only the title said samurai X.i'm confused.please help me out. :confused:

Samurai X is a four episode OVA that tells the story of Kenshin during the Revolution.
Its a really great series, beautifully animated, and gives the veiwer a glimpse at Kenshin's violent past. (Very Violent!!)

If your a fan of Rurouni Kenshin you should deffinately check it out.

It'd also be good to watch Samurai X: Reflection, the second OVA released after the RK series.
Reflection is the last chapter in the RK saga, showing what becomes of Kenshin and his friends in the years after the series.

And um...now you know. :D

Um...Kenshin may have long, girlish red hair, but he is deffinately not a woman.

He sorta looks like a little girl in the scenes where he is a child, but thats about it. Hell he even has a [spoiler]wife[/spoiler] in Samurai X, so your friend is greatly mistaken.

Ok...that about sums it up.

I'd just like to say something. The OVA's and the movie aren't really called Samurai X. ADV (Much to my dismay) simply released them in North America under that name. Kenshin isn't even a Samurai, but it's just one of ADVs many bad decisions (In my opinion) in porting anime over here. They thought the name Samurai X would have more appeal than Rurouni Kenshin. I did like the subtitles though (Trust and Betrayal, Reflection), but those aren't translations either, they just thought it fit (And, lo and behold, I think they actually did).

The original 4 OVAs (Which tell how Kenshin got his scar) are orginally called: Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen.

The movie is called: Rurouni Kenshin: Requiem for the Ishin Patriots (Translated)

The last 2 OVAs are called: Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen

They are all official parts of the Kenshin universe, though the animation in all of them is done by a differant group. They all are taken from the manga (Except the movie. Atleast to my knowledge). The last two are simply meant to wrap up the rest of the manga and give the fans some closure.

The movie drags in the middle, and there are too many reused cells for my liking. The last two OVAs are simply too fast and don't rreally do much except give you some nice fight scenes and (As I said) offer some closure.
The first 4 OVAs are sheer brilliance I think.
You should definately check them all out to get the most of the Kenshin universe. :)

[quote name='aeroboy']in samurai X does he still use the reverse blade sword?[/quote]

Um...no he doesn't have the sakabato in Samurai X. This is because it takes place during the revolution, when Kenshin was an assasin, years before he decided to never take another human life.

This is made evident in the many scenes where Kenshin cuts people into peices. Its not very pretty.

Towards the end, we do start to see why he decides to stop killing, but thats about it.

[color=crimson][size=1]aeroboy, every single one of your posts in this thread should be deleted as spam. If I deleted them, then it would be WW2 posting back to back. PLEASE read the rules and work on your post quality, or all other posts of yours like these will be deleted.

*QA*[/color][/size]

[quote name='aeroboy']in samurai X does he still use the reverse blade sword?[/quote]

In the first four OVAs, he is still the Battousai, so he has no qualms about killing and has not chosing that particular lifestyle of semi-pacifism ([I]semi[/I] :eek: ), so he does no have a Sakabato/Reverse blade sword yet.

However, in the movie and the last two OVAs (Also released under the name Samurai X, as I mentioned before), he does carry his Sakabato. :)

[COLOR=#503F86]There are already Samurai X and Rouroni Kenshin discussion threads open. if you want to discuss either, locate them in the list in the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208]Official Threads Directory[/URL] and discuss them there.

Thread closed.[/COLOR]