OtakuBoards

Any good anime movies???

mckaylyn

I REALLY like Spirited Away, as it was an anime I could watch with the whole family, or friends, or by myself ^^ Watching it with family is seldom, so it isn't necessarily a quality I value in movies, but it is ok, I mean it's fine either way. If anyone could post any info on ANY anime movies out there, it would be greatly appreciated!!! Also - It doesn't have to be a movie like Spirited Away, or anything, feel free to post what you feel like posting!!!

Guest Super Uber
[warning: the following post contains made-up words]

Perfect Blue is an awesome movie, granted...it's not by any means suitable for children, and I doubt your parents would approve of it. that aside, it's sound track is good, along with it's animation. but the plot is where it really shines. it's more of a psychotic thriller than anything else, sort of an "anime meets Hitchcock" type of deal. I highly reccomend it.

Guest Tidus_Flame
Truly an oldie but still very respectable. Well actually there are a few. Some new some old.

1.(and my all time favorite) Princess Monanoke
2.(a new more violent and not at all prissy sailor moon) Dirty Pair Flash (also no naughty stuff, sorry ^_^)
3.Love Hina & Love Hina Again

Guest hexadol
[Note: I can't spell!]
I just saw Millenium Actress [like 15 times], it is an awsome movie! Any one could watch it, but some parts get kinda confusing. It's one of those movies that you have to pay attention to understand.

My recommendations for anime movies are a bit varied for different audiences. I do not recommend all animes for all ages. For instance there is no way I would recommend watching something like Wicked City with the grandparents and kids!

Kiki's Delievery Service- It is one of Miyazaki's great pieces of work. He is very talented and does a great job telling a wonderful story that all ages can enjoy. It is a nice story that shows Kiki's experiences of learning responsiblity and finding her way in the world.

Voices of a Distant Star- It is short, only about 1/2 an hour, but well worth it. It is a story of a very long distance love story. Love story and mecha. Very nice combo. Makoto Shinkai did a wonderful job making this anime.

Cowboy Bebop the movie- Anyone who is a fan of Cowboy Bebop needs to see this movie. The fight scenes are amazing and the story is excellent. Spike and crew kicking butt, what more do you want?!

Grave of the Fireflies- I love this movie. Tear-jerker. You fall in love with Seita and his little sister. It is set in Japan after a WWII bombing. I have never cried as much during an anime as I did watching this movie. It really is a heart breaking story. It hit very close to home.

There are a few of my suggestions. Best of luck in finding an anime movie you will enjoy!

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to add Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust to my list. This is one of my favorite movies. The animation is beautiful. The character design was done by Amano who does amazing work. It is really a great love story with wonderful, colorful characters. Definately a movie to watch!
:)

One of the best anime movies I've ever seen was Vampire Hunter D, full or gore and action at the same time, plus the storyline isn't that bad as well. I would have to agree with Terrax that Akira is one of the best original amimes ever made ^.^

[color=crimson][size=1]Rather than delete all of the spammy posts in this thread, I've decided to close it, as it was straying far off-topic and doesn't really generate much discussion. There are many threads in this forum about the recommendations of certain anime movies/series. If you would like to discuss a particular anime series, you can always use the anime directory sticky at the top of the forum to locate your thread of interest. I hope that the people who actually made a worthy reply were helpful to you and that you are sucessful in your search for quality anime.

Thread Closed.[/color][/size]