OtakuBoards

Kouseki

mononoke_man

Tatsujin stood in a small clearing in the forest, clutching his left arm. Blood was gushing out of a large gash near his shoulder. All around him laid dead demons.

"Damn! Ugh. I can't stop the blood", he said, looking at his wound.

He ripped off a piece of his clothing, and tied it around his arm. He tightened it, hoping the blood would stop, but it didn't. Then, he heard footsteps, moving hurriedly toward him. Tatsujin grabbed his Katana with his good arm and waited. Soon, Ziarre came out into the clearing.

"Oh, Tatsujin! You're okay! I thought you'd died", she said happily.

But soon, her smile faded as she looked at tatsujin's arm, still gushing out blood.

"Tatsujin, your arm, we have to get you back into the village"

"It's no use, the blood won't stop".

"But there has to be a way to stop it", said Ziarre nervously.

"Do you think the shaman could stop it", she asked.

"He probably could, we must hurry there".

They left as fast as they could. Tatsujin still clutching his arm, went as fast as he could. They hoped they would reach the shaman before he bled to death...

Ziarre helped Tatsujiin along the path towards Jukusei's cottage. His arm bled profusely. Worry grew inside of her. Her worry turned to hate - hate that turned and slithered inside of her stomach like a snake. Suddenly Tatsujin's legs gave way underneath him.
" Tatsujin!"
" I....can't hold on....much longer," he panted, his breathing heavy and laboured. Ziarre hooked her arm around him and lifted him to his feet.
" Don't give up...not yet."

A white flash in front of them caught Ziarre's attention. She stopped dead in her tracks.
" What... was that?" Tatsujin asked.
" Zephyr...." Ziarre whispered.
An enormous white wolf with golden eyes approached them cautiously. Ziarre said something to Zephyr that Tatsujin didn't understand - it was like it was in another language. His eyes rolled into the back of his head as darkness crept into his vision. Zephyr crouched down as Ziarre pushed an unconscious Tatsujin onto the back of the wolf.
" Go Zephyr, run like the wind my friend. Go to Jukusei's. I'll be right behind you," Ziarre whispered to the wolf in his language. Zephyr stood up and sprinted through the forest until he came to Jukusei's cottage. The wolf scratched at the door. Jukusei opened it.
" Zephyr...?"
The wolf strode into the house and gently rolled Tatsujin onto a bed to the left of Zet's. Jukusei started tending to Tatsujin's wounds when a red-faced Ziarre appeared at the door.
" They'll be fine," Jukusei said before Ziarre could ask her question as she entered, " Your wolf is outside." Ziarre nodded. She grabbed a chair and placed it between Tatsujin and Zet's bed.
" Ziarre..." Jukusei started, only to turn around and see Ziarre sound asleep in the chair. He smiled, sat down at the table and waited til morning.

" Man I hurt all over what happened?" Zet's eyes examined her suroundings a old shamen sat in a corner. Her eyes windened.
" Jukusei? What how did I get here?"
" Your friend brought you here." Turning his head to the still sleeping Ziarre, "Tatsujiin is injuried as well, but his wounds aren't as bad. You know Zetsumei you can be troublesome, rushing without thinking."
" SHUT UP! and don't call me by that name you old gezzer!" Zet went to stand up but noticed something laying next to her. A small blue dragon lay there sleeping.
" Aisu spent alot of energy keeping you alive. He didn't even have enough power to stay in your body. Though he did have just enough to make himself smaller."
Zet sighed and laid back down noticing that Ziarre was starting to move. Jukusei got up and went to tend to Tatsujiin wounds.

Ziarre's eyes slowly opened.
" Uh...."
Her vision was blurry. She rubbed her eyes. It cleared. Jukusei came into view. Ziarre turned her head to see Tatsujin still in bed, asleep. She turned it the other way. Zet was awake and looking at her.
" Morning Zet."
" Morning."
" I suppose you are the one who yelled shut up?"
Zet's faced reddened. " Yeah."
" Next time, not so loud. I was dreaming and it was really good."
" What was it about?"
Ziarre smiled. " That's none of your business." Zet laughed. A small blue dragon growled beside her. Ziarre stood up and looked at it.
" Aisu I assume?"
" Yeah."
" You're very lucky Zet. Aisu saved you, not us."
" I know." Ziarre walked to the door, opened it and exited the cottage.
" What's up with her?" Zet asked herself.

Ziarre ran through the forest, feeling the wind rush through her hair. She loved to run, where it didn't matter. Zephyr bounded along beside her.
" Isn't this great!" she said to the wolf. It barked happily. A waterfall appeared up ahead. Ziarre grinned to herself as she stopped at the edge and dangled a foot in. Zephyr lapped the water, getting himself a drink. A slight wind whipped up. Ziarre sat on a rock at the side of the pool of water. Zephyr sat at her side and Ziarre scratched behind his ears.
" Oh Zephyr, I almost lost both of them."

Tatsujin awoke, and almost instantly stood up. He wobbled a little bit, dizzy from standing up so quick. Looking around he saw Jukusei and Zet staring at him like they were expecting an answer from someone.
"Where's Ziarre", was the only thing he said.
"She went out for a walk. Don't blame her either, she was under a lot of stress last night", said Jukusei.
"Yeah, I guess your right", Tatsujin said, glancing away.
He sat down on the bed again. Zet then looked at him, then looked a Jukusei.
"Well, I guess we should get going huh", she said.
"Not just yet, we should wait for Ziarre to return", said tatsujin.
Zet huffed,"Okay", she said.
Soon, Ziarre returned, looking refreshed and ready to go. She looked at everyone, and smiled.
"Are we leaving or not", she asked.
Tatsujin stood up, "Thank you Jukusei, if not for you, Zet might of died, and I might of also".
Jukusei smiled, "You should be going now, the demons are getting restless".
"Your right, come on guys", said tatsujin.
Ziarre and Zet had left out of the door, and tatsujin thanked Jukusei one last time before leaving. Finally, the trio were on their way to the Take mountain range. On the other side, would be the battle zone of the Great Nations...

Ziarre walked along with Tatsujin at her side and Zet in front of them with Aisu. She sighed.
" What's wrong Ziarre?" Tatsujin asked.
" Nothing." He eyed her suspiciously but looked away after a few minutes. Nothing was said for the next few minutes.
" So what are we going to do now?" Ziarre asked Tatsujin.

OOC: Sorry for the short post but I couldn't think of anything + I don't have enough time to write a longer one.

"We're going to the Take mountain range. From there, we'll go into the battlezone of the great Nations", said Tatsujin.

"Why are we heading to the battlezone", asked Zet.

"Because, thats where the demons are coming out", he said.

They went quiet. Tatsujin was still wondering why Ziarre has sighed. He knew that something had to be wrong, even though she said it was nothing. But he didn't ask her, because she might get angry.

"Tatsujin", Zet spoke up, "How long will it take us to get to the Take mountains"?

"I'd say about three days", he said.

Everyone went quiet again. They walked on for about another four hours, talking every once in a while.

"Let's stop and make camp", said Tatsujin.

"Shhhh", whispered Zet.

Tatsujin quieted down, staring at Zet. Ziarre was too. Then they heard footsteps, moving slowly in thier direction...

(Sorry about this one being kind of boring :sweat: I just didn't have that many ideas for a new post)

Zet noticed that Aisu was gone starting to worry where he had gone. The little dragon struted towards them with a smile on his face.
" Aisu! That was just you. Boy you make alot of noise for such a small dragon."
" Zet I thought I TOLD you to keep that thing on a leash!" Tatsujin shouted angerly.
as the two argued Ziarre smiled and shock her head.
" Guys can't you stop for one night?"
" Fine." Tatsujin said as he went to work on the fire. Zet was playing a game that involed creating soliders out of water and watching them destroy each other with Aisu. A spark of lighting made Zet jump back she looked towards Ziarre who was looking up at the sky trying to look inocent. Throwing a ball of water at Ziarre, Zet ducked as she fired a tiny bolt of lighting at her. Not inof to cause much damage though. They contioned to play this game intill Ziarre was drenched and Zet's hair was partly standing on end.

ooc: sorry i havent been online latelyso i hope my spot is still free
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after mizukage finished his fathers burial,he left for the take mountain range and there he will pick his next destination. there he will prctice his magic and try to contro the water element better. but as he was clearing the forest a loud thud broke the silence and birds flew away...

" Aisu! Why did you do that! I just got dry!" Zet yelled at the laughing dragon that sat on a tree branch above her.
" You stupid little water dragon! I swear I could leave. that's right I could just tie you to the stupid!"
" Excuse me but do you need help?" A male voice asked offering his hand to her. Taking it she stood up.
" Thanks my stupid dragon hit me with a water ball and knocked me out of the tree. Creating tiny ice needles she threw them at Aisu, he flew up and landed on her head. Zet looked up at him and frowned, then turned towards to the man.
" Hi, I'm Zet and this is Aisu, my water dragon nice to meet you."

Ziarre sat with Tatsujin around the fire. It crackled happily. Ziarre's eyes kept closing and her head kept bumping against his shoulder.
" Tired?" Tatsujin asked.
Ziarre yawned. " Very."
" Go to sleep then. I'm sure Zet will be back soon." Ziarre laid her head on Tatsujin's shoulder and fell asleep.

A few minutes later and Zet returned, accompanied by a man.
" Tatsujin, this is Mizukage," Zet said with Aisu atop her head. She turned to Tatsujin. She noticed Ziarre had fallen asleep on his shoulder. " That's Tatsujin and Ziarre is the one asleep."

Tatsujin glanced at Mizukage with Ziarre asleep on his shoulder.
"This must be another one of the chosen ones", he thought to himself.
Mizukage sat down around the campfire, right beside him was Zet.
"So, um, hi", said Mizukage a little nervously.
"Hello", said Tatsujin.
"Uh, do you mind if I camp with you guys for the night", he asked.
"Sure", Tatsujin said happily.
Not long after that, Zet engaged Mizukage in conversation. Tatsujin was not very interested in what they were talking about, so he shut his eyes, resting after the long journey. He fell asleep within a few minutes, and awoke when he heard someone moving around. Ziarre was still resting on his shoulder, so he gently laid her head down on the ground, trying not to wake her. The dull light given off by the fire allowed him to see only a few feet around him. Then he saw Mizukage, walking out of the campsite. He jumped up, and started folowing him.
"Mizukage, where are you going", Tatsujin asked tiredly.
"Oh, sorry I woke you up. I'm heading out", he said.
"This early", Tatsujin said, "The sun hasn't even begun to rise yet".
"I know, It's just in my nature", he said.
"Well if your sure then, go ahead", Tatsujin said.
"Thanks for letting me camp out with ya'", he said happily.
Mizukage then walked away into the darkness. Tatsujin stood still until he could no longer hear Mizukage's footsteps. He then returned to camp, and waited till morning to yet again begin the journey to the Take mountains...

Ziarre awoke to the dawn light creeping over the trees. She sat up and rubbed her eyes.
" Good morning."
" Morning Tatsujin. Sorry for falling asleep on your shoulder last night. I was really tired," Ziarre explained. He smiled.
" That's alright."
Ziarre looked around. " Where's Zet?"
" She's gone off to find something for us to eat before we head off."
" Oh." She yawned. Tatsujin looked at the ground.
" Can I ask you a question Ziarre?"
Ziarre looked up, her eyes narrowed suspiciously. " Depends on what sort of question it is Tatsujin."
" Well..." Tatsujin started, "...Yesterday, when I asked you what was wrong...."
" Don't look into it Tatsujin," Ziarre snapped defensively as she stood up quickly. Tatsujin looked at the ground again. Ziarre climbed up into a tree and sat against the trunk, letting the warm sunlight bathe her face.

Tatsujin's stomach let out a low rumble.
"Hungry are ya", said Ziarre giggling, while she was still sitting by the tree.
"Geez, when is Zet getting back", he said.
Almost immediately after that, Zet came walking out of the forest holding three birds in her hand. Each one had a small hole in it where Zet probably impaled it with a ice spike.
"Finally", sighed Tatsujin.
He got up, and walked over to the fire he had started.
"You know, without me you would probably starve to death, because since the demons scent has driven out most of the animals, these were hard to find", said Zet to Tatsujin.
"As much as I'd hate to say it, your right", he said.
Ziarre jumped out of the tree, and walked over to help cook the birds. They were cooked and ready in no time. Tatsujin ate his the fastest, being the hungriest one there. After they finished, they all packed up and walked down a path heading west. The climate grew even colder as they walked miles from their last camp.
"The demons power must be strong for the weather to be this cold", Ziarre said while shivering greatly.
They walked along for a while longer until a loud rumble was heard in the forest. Tatsujin's senses picked up, a the scent of a demon came upon him...

Ziarre was quite angry with Tatsujin about asking her that question. Just because she felt angry at herself and guilty that she was the only one left standing in their last bout with a demon. She should have fought, not ran. Lightning crackled around her closed fist. She smelt a demon that had been following them for some time.

A loud thud echoed through the forest around them. Ziarre moved her unclosed hand to her whip, lightning crackling around her other fist. Tatsujin unsheathed his katana and Zet held up her staff in defence. Suddenly a voice came from behind them.
" Did you hear that too?"
The three of them jumped around to see a man standing there.
" Oh Mizukage, its only you," Zet said relieved.
" Yes, you scared us," Tatsujin added smiling. Mizukage smiled innocently.
" Sorry. Didn't mean to," he replied. Ziarre was confused.
" Who are you?" Ziarre asked, sounding very confused and a little infuriated.
" Sorry, this is Mizukage. He camped with us last night. You don't know him because you were asleep," Zet said. Mizukage just stared at her. Her temper was getting the better of her.
" Stop looking at me!!" Lightning jumped from her fist and connected with the ground.
" Ziarre settle down!" Tatsujin warned her.
" You just shut up! You never think of anyone else but yourself!" Ziarre yelled at him angrily. She whistled and Zephyr came bounding out of the forest. She hopped on his back and sped off into the forest.
" ZIARRE! IT'S NOT SAFE IN THERE!" Tatsujin yelled at her fading back. Mizukage stood there stunned, as did Zet.
Tears welled up in Zet's eyes. " Ziarre...."

" ZIARRE COME BACK!!" Zet raced off her speed quickning as tears raced down her face. Ziarre came into veiw though she was blurry. Zet jumped at her causeing both girls to tumble and roll through the grass. Zephyr lunged at Zet but Aisu grew larger that the wolf and snarled at him. Even though Aisu grew he didn't become as big as he was before.
" Zet get off me! What's your problem?!" Ziarre asked as she noticed her shirt was growing damp.
" What's wrong with me! What's WRONG with you?" Zet shouted.
" Nothing's wrong with me."
" Don't lie!" Zet snapped. Ziarre looked shocked at Zet's sudden change on attiude. She found it easy to push Zet off her. Crouching Zet let the tears fall.
" Don't leave me. Why does everone keep things from me! Why!" Aisu was next to her now. Trying to calm her in his own way. Not all keep things from you.[I] Your mother told you everything.[/I] [COLOR=Purple][I]No, dad never told me nothing. He hit me when he was angry and released all his anger on me when mom was away. And when he left after mom died he..[/I][/COLOR] Aisu growled as she moved up her shirt. Along her back a lond thick scar lay there. It was red and blood looked like it was still coming out of it. Zet had forgotten that Ziarre was there as she talked with Aisu.

OOC: purple text is Zet's thoughts between her and Aisu. Italic black text is Aisu's thoughts.

Ziarre looked up at Zet. She looked genuinely distressed. Ziarre wrapped Zet in a hug.
? It?s ok Zet. It wasn?t you who made me mad. Tatsujin asked me a question before and it made me mad. Don?t worry it wasn?t you. And I will never leave you, ever.?
? I wouldn?t be too sure of that my pretties,? a snake-like voice said from above. Suddenly the demon shot at Zet and Ziarre, making them tumble through the grass violently. Zet was flung out of the fray between the demon and Ziarre. When Zet looked over at them, the demon was on top of Ziarre, trying to strangle her.
? Zet, go get Tatsujin and Mizukage. Quick! GO!?
Zet got the message and raced through the forest to the path they were walking along. Tatsujin and Mizukage were sitting on a log, talking to each other. When Tatsujin saw Zet return, he immediately stood up. Mizukage followed suit.
? Where?s Ziarre?? Tatsujin asked.
? Tatsujin hurry, a demon attacked us.?
? WHAT?!?!??

Suddenly the sky darkened. A huge clap of thunder echoed around them, causing them to cover their ears. Smoke rose from the forest a distance away. The trio sprinted into the forest with urgency. The smoke was thin at first, then started to get thicker. Zet coughed violently. Tatsujin?s eyes were watering. Flames jumped up around them.
? Where?s Ziarre??

The smoke soon became extremely thick, as Tatsujin, Zet, and Mizukage raced through it. Flames licked at their clothing.
"Ziarre please be okay", Tatsujin heard Zet say.
Soon a glowing figure could be seen through the smoke. It became clearer and clearer as they ran further. It was Ziarre. Electricity was rushing through her body, a demons body could be soon a few feet in front of her. The electricity soon stopped running through her and she passed out. Ziarre fell to the ground uncouncious. Tatsujin ran up to her, kneeled down beside her, and picked her up.
"Ziarre I'm sorry", he whispered.
"Come on, let's get out of here", Mizukage called at Zet and Tatsujin.
Standing up with Ziarre in his arms, Tatsujin ran as fast as possible back to the road.
The smoke had thinned a little so it was easier to find their way back. Soon, they were out of the forest and back on the road. Tatsujin took Ziarre's coat and folded it. He laid her head onto the makeshift pillow.
"Is she okay", asked Zet.
"She'll be fine, she just needs some rest. Using that much pwer really drained her", said Tatsujin. Tears could still be seen running down Zet's eyes. Tatsujin went and sat down on a log far from the group so he could think. [I]I should never have asked that question. It's all my fault that she's like this...[/I]

Ziarre's eyes opened slowly. A blurred face of Zet was moving above her at a sickening rate. Ziarre felt moisture on her forehead as Zet dabbed a damp cloth there. She moaned.
" Hey guys, Ziarre's waking up!" Zet said excitedly.
Two other blurred figures came over and sat to the right of Ziarre. She didn't notice they were there. She turned to Zet.
" Zet, do you know why I don't like you fighting?" Ziarre said, still in a feverish state.
" No."
" I had a little sister just like you. We used to be inseparable. That was until demons attacked the house I was living in and killed my parents and her. I had been out to the village to get food and came back to see the slaughter. That was were my powers came out. They destroyed those demons within seconds. I ran over to my parents. Their mutilated bodies weres scattered over the ground in pieces. I heard moaning. My little sister was just barely alive. She died in my arms that day. I can still remember how she laughed, how she smiled and how she walked. I swear you are the reincarnate of her."
Zet was taken aback. Tears trickled down Ziarre's cheeks.
" Never again..."

OOC: sorry its so short but i'm at school since my computer has some problems.