OtakuBoards

Dodgeball

Epitome

[size=1]This was the most hilarious movie I have seen since Old School. It was great. Ben Stiller, the guy from Old School who is in it (can't think of his name -_-), were great together.

For those of you who do not know what its about... Its about a man named White Goodman (Ben Stiller) and another guy named Peter Laflurre(sp?). They are both gym owners but Whites gym, Global Gym, is a huge success and Peter's, Average Joe, is a huge dump. So White plans on buying out the gym and is able to do so if Peter doesnt come up with the money to pay he mortgage rent. So Peter has an idea to play in a dodgeball tournament that has a grand prize of $50,000, the amount he needs. So, Peter and White duke it out in the tournament and... well I cant tell you the rest.

But for those of you who have seen the movie, what did you think? My brother thought it was so stupid. He had no appreciation for the movie... He just doesnt understand that type of humor.

My Favorite Quote of the Movie: [spoiler]Cotton: It looks as if the Average Joes are going to have to forfit
Other Announcer: Yeah its a bold tactic lets see how it works out for em'.[/spoiler][/size]

[QUOTE]Plot Summary for
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004)
Peter LaFleur is a charismatic underachiever and proprietor of a rundown gym called Average Joe's. The facility's ecclectic clientele of decidedly less-than-average Joes is comprised of: a self-styled pirate; a scrawny nerd who dreams of impressing an unattainable cheerleader; an obsessive aficionado of obscure sports; a dim-witted young man; and a cocky know-it-all who, of course, really knows nothing. Peter's humble gym catches the eye of White Goodman, the power-mullet-sporting, Fu-Manchu-d, egomaniacal owner of Globo Gym, a gleaming monolith of fitness. White intends to take over Average Joe's, and Peter's non-existent bookkeeping is making it all too easy for him. A foreclosing bank has stationed attorney Kate Veatch inside Average Joe's to finalize Globo's takeover of the gym. But Peter's boyish charms win her over and Kate joins his team of social rejects to beat the odds--and their own ineptitude--to try to save Average Joe's. How? A showdown dodgeball competition against Globo Gym.

[I]Summary written by Sujit R. Varma[/I]
[/QUOTE]

I thought this movie was very funny, as well. Most of it was just straight-up physical abuse to the characters; but they presented it in such a way that the movie was just great, in my opinion. [spoiler]Patches's death was great, heh. An Irish man crushed by a large metal sign that said "The Luck of the Irish." And when Lance Armstrong comes up to Peter and asks him why he's not at the tournament.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]"Yeah, I almost gave up when I was diagnosed with brain, lung, and testicular cancer. But then I decided to keep trying anyway, and I wound up winning the Tour de France five times. But I'm sure you've got a good reason for quitting."[/spoiler]

One of my favorite quotes from the movie can be found in the film's trailer.

[spoiler]"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."[/spoiler]

[spoiler]"Wha?"[/spoiler]

[spoiler][B]POW![/B][/spoiler]

This movie was funny sa hell, even funnier than Zoolander. If you haven't seen it go see it rite now because its that funny.

My favorite quotes are:

[spoiler]"Michelle how many times did i tell you to knock before you come in"...the scene was funny as hell. And I also like "****** Chuck Norris". "Blazor, Tazor, Lazor and Michelle". And "Thats a very interesting picture. "Oh your mean grabbing the bull by his horns, thats a saying. But it really happened tho". lol movie is pure genius.[/spoiler]