OtakuBoards

"Outcast" or "Incrowd"?

bishonenNEKO

hmm...lets see.... Im 13 and ive been an out cast since i was...hmmm.....6? yep 6.
Through my whole life, Ive been picked on and teased by MANY people. Including my family. It hurts...alot...but i found out something a couple of years ago that helped me through middle school.. They're all just jealous! The only reason people talk about us is because they think we're getting to much attention from people they know! I know I know... she's 13 what does she know? well, sorry to burst your bubble, but Ive gone through my whole life being call anorexic by my family and friends, my own father said I needed a boob job,and I've been called toothpick since I was five or six years old. Now, Im about to go to high school, and I'm scared to death! But I'm going to stand up for myself, because I know the truth and I'm not afraid to face them! So anyone who actually took their time to read this and understand what im going through, or are about to go through it, stand strong!!!Dont let people push you around. Stand up for who you are! Outcast or Incrowd! Do what you know is right!

-vanna-

Edit: Whoa lava lamp, gettin a little cocky aren't ya? :rolleyes:

[quote name='wrist cutter']Most people (and especially hormone driven teens) don't know the difference between right and wrong.[/quote]

not true. I don't mean to argue, but im a teen and I do know the difference between right and wrong. Sure we dont always go about our right and wrongs the right way, but we're still learning and it may take us time, true. but we're getting there. so dont put all of us down.

Amen to what Inuyashalvr posted...

I am also a drifter, as someone mentioned earlier. I have friends in almost every social group, and can fit in as easily as every piece on an all square puzzle :laugh: I think I am more of an outcast, though, 3 great friends that I can talk about anything to, one girl who couldnt be any more like us unless she grew male anatomy... what a kick*** life!

Edit: My god lava lamp... i would be -extremely- surprised to find if you had any friends if you talk like that around them... I for one wouldnt go near you... horrible horrible influences. If you think your group is so amazing, spend more time with them, and less time bragging about them... I dont think too many people (my apologies if some do) are begging and dreaming to be in your place, because you treat others like dirt... nice

I don't think people give "preps" much of a chance. Yes, there are some dullwitted, stereotypical, idiotic preppies out there, but if you hang around some of them enough, you find some are very sincere and caring; they're just in a different class than others, not a different planet. There are nice and caring preps, just like there are mean and crude outcasts. So think twice before you judge someone.

I'm not fond of social stereotypes, but I tend to put things in classes. Popularity-wise, I think I am lower middle class. That prep that's wearing all the in styles and such? S/he's upper class. That jock? S/He's upper middle class. That punk-ish kid there? Lower middle class. That jerk who's too mean for anyone to like him/her? Lower class to upper class depending what type of a jerk s/he is..

I am an anime/artist/writer/book geek. Not low class, but lower middle class. I'm generally not liked by upper class, upper middle class, and such. I don't hang out with them, they don't hang around me. Middle class people know me, get along with me, but don't hang out with me. Low class people hang out with me and some of my buddies, but don't necessarily fit in. Not that we don't want them to fit in, they just don't tend to care for the anime thing. ._.;;;;

I don't think there are many 'low class' people in our school anymore, just Lower middle class. meh

Maybe somebody will agree with me on that. I doubt. But if I had to stereotype people socially, that's how I'd do it. *shrugs*

Guest lavalamp
[quote name='Pawn114']Edit: My god lava lamp... i would be -extremely- surprised to find if you had any friends if you talk like that around them... I for one wouldnt go near you... horrible horrible influences. If you think your group is so amazing, spend more time with them, and less time bragging about them... I dont think too many people (my apologies if some do) are begging and dreaming to be in your place, because you treat others like dirt... nice[/quote]

Actually, I do talk like that around them. I rule my social regime with an iron fist. I whip them when they step out of line and say something that doesn't directly relate to my perfection in its utmost... perfection.

Many are dreaming, but few are begging. I'm quite dazzling. Don't you think?

Guest Chris
heh, you sound just like geoffry, a friend of mine. he thinks he better than everyone else and has no respect for anyone not considered popular. i don't know how the hell he keeps himself from getting his *** kicked every day. heh, he's such a deuche.

as for me being an innie or an outie, i'm an innie. my brother is an outie which is weird, because as far as i know, everyone in my family other than him is an innie. umm, do outies still get lint? i've alwys wondered that, but i can't seem to find it anywhere online.

why the hell did i post anyway?

Actually Lava Lamp, you sound like an... ok, ill stop that there. Why would anyone want to hang around with you when you 'whip people' in line... to fit in with you, your not dazzling at all... and as to you thinking your perfect... that is -so- pathetic it isnt even -funny!-, ok, maybe just a little bit funny. Nobody is perfect at all, everyone has faults, for you, i can see a bunch... and thats from a MESSAGE BOARD! your too cocky, rude, extremely arrogent... the list goes on. I truly feel sad for both you, and your 'friends'...

-Pawn

Guest Chris
[QUOTE=Pawn114]Why would anyone want to hang around with you when you 'whip people' in line...

-Pawn[/QUOTE]

because you like them as a person and don't really pay attention to all their fualts. besides, it can be quite funny at times.

Damn, you people have gone off topic. Oh well.

I'd say that by most definitions I'm definitely an outcast, and proud to be it. Unfortunately in this modern society it is almost impossible to avoid being stereotyped and labelled by those around you. Ideally I would prefer not to be judged in such a way, but this is the world we live in.
In the current structure of society, it seems that the so-called "incrowd" is merely a tool by which is being bred a generation of braindead idiots who, unfortunately, would appear to be the basis on which society is set to "evolve". Many people choose to blame this on the incrowd itself, whereas it is actually the ignorant stance of society that has allowed this situation to form in the first place. So yes. I am very proud to be an outcast.

(I apologise if I may have offended anyone with my opinions in this post. I am not saying that all who consider themselves in the "incrowd" fall into the 'braindead idiots' category)

[color=silver] I'm an outcast if you want to call me that, yes there are a few, and i mean a few cool preps, but not many. I went to a private school for 9 years, so that pretty much means i was around preps for 9 years, whats sad is a wouldnt doubt lava-lamp, as i have met a kid like him. Its sad when some one things they're better then people because of there clothes or the amount of money or amount of people that thought they were cool *cough*my whole class*cough* but my best friend is preppy, probly the only reason i still eevn bother to get to know preps who don't saturate the area with ego.[/color]

[QUOTE=lava lamp]Actually, I do talk like that around them. I rule my social regime with an iron fist. I whip them when they step out of line and say something that doesn't directly relate to my perfection in its utmost... perfection.

Many are dreaming, but few are begging. I'm quite dazzling. Don't you think?[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]What a little brat. I bet you're just a lonely little person living their dream online by talking trash. Ya know what? If you and your little group of followers/social regime went to my school, me and the rest of the punks would whip your sorry little *** until you piss blood for a month. That's right, can you say [B]KIDNEY SHOT[/B]?!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest lavalamp
You and your group of "punks" must've never heard of the term [i]sarcasm[/i].

Your post almost makes me not want to be, though.

[quote name='TOTALIMMORTAL][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]What a little brat. I bet you're just a lonely little person living their dream online by talking trash. Ya know what? If you and your little group of followers/social regime went to my school, me and the rest of the punks would whip your sorry little *** until you piss blood for a month. That's right, can you say [B]KIDNEY SHOT[/B]?!!![/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

[I]Right.[/I] You've got to be kidding me.

The volatile response simple sarcasm gets within some of these threads never ceases to amaze me. Yes, I'm [I]sure[/I] lava lamp physically whips his friends. Even his first post had an obviously humorous intent. To a certain degree, I know that these sort of replies are going to attract some negative attention. But, before people go off the deep end, they should apply some simple logic to the situation. :rolleyes:

To a larger extent, my problem with some of these replies is that they would be unacceptable even if someone did enter the discussion with a legitimately bad attitude. Here's the law:

[center][IMG]http://www.wvsos.com/images/law%20book.gif[/IMG][/center]

I'm laying it down; this outright flaming of members has got to stop. If you feel that someone is behaving inappropriately, you should report the posts in question to a moderator. Don't take the situation into your own hands and create a larger problem by contributing to, what you perceive to be a disruption, with a bad attitude of your own.

Now, generally speaking, if I see any more flaming, I'm going to take immediate action against those doing it.