Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Guest Jakuchu
Posted
I don't prefer anime over manga or other way around. They both are very dear to me, I couldn't give up neither one of them if I'd have to choose. IMO Manga offers somewhat deeper approach to the storyline than anime, and some of the drawings are just mindblowing. When watching Anime, it feels great when characters move and talk unlike in Manga.
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
I prefer anime to manga although many claim that manga gives you the full detail. I was introduced into this genre by anime so I always have a soft spot for dvds and what not. I enjoy listening to the voices giving them a personality and the art is usually a lot more cleaner and prettier. But if the anime impresses me and I hear good reviews about manga than I'll pick up the manga as well to get the "complete edition."
  • 1 month later...
Guest lillith
Posted
I think i prefer Manga though its very hard to find here ( I live in Australia) i have been into Anime for around three years now im not exactly sure when i started (though i did watch gundam wing when i was around six but alas i had no clue it was anime back then) I find Manga generaly more authentic than anime. Anime based on a manga tends to swerve away from the original manga and somethings are different (for example the symbol on Nejis from Naruto forehead is ment to be the indian sign for luck also its the natzi sign so that was altered into an X) Manga also is cheeper and is how it was ment to bee seen, unedited or alterd ( a great example of editing would be Yu-Gi-Oh! which was originaly intended for adults and had a rating of around M but then the English editors copped out a few of the disturbing and/or dark scenes and the rating droped down to G) Some characters change also (im a fan of subtitles but even then i prefer Manga) Quotes and such are absent. so i think i prefer Manga as to the alternitive of Anime :p
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
:animestun umm dont know i usually think i pefer anime because i go to
anime to manga
Posted
I'll have to say anime because i don't really read much manga, but i like watching better the reading. but the good thing about reading it tells you more then watching anime.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I?ve always preferred the anime. The biggest reason is that Manga takes so little time to read. Since most of it is provided in the format of images I go through a series very quickly. I?m more use to reading books that have no pictures except for the actual cover of the book. So for me the anime is more fun since the addition of music, voices and the very act of animating the characters slows it down and the time spent watching it brings it alive in a way that to me simple pictures just can?t do.

There are a few exceptions where I like the manga better, but it?s primarily because the anime that is available is heavily edited so to understand the series better you have to read the manga. For example, the Yu-Gi-Oh! Series. I?m sure there is an unedited version, but since I do not have access to it I have to turn to the manga to find out more about what is missing.

For the most part I think it?s pointless to compare the two since both of them are going to have advantages over the other.
[/COLOR]
Posted
both are good and hard to pick which one is better..i wont choose because i enjoy them both the same..i havent found a magna or anime that is the best in each category(mainly because my anime resources are low) and can surpass each other...i love both...and i made no sense..later
Guest Metal Dragon
Posted
[B][U]Manga or Anime[/U][/B]
This is one tough question. I guess I'd say that I like manga more because I read more manga than watch anime since the only time I can watch it is during Saturdays. Has anyone out there read the manga called[B] [U]Battle Vixens[/U][/B] because I can't find vol.3
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
I perfer Manga, to be quite honest. Simply because the manga is the real deal, the authentic original. The art is utter perfection. If you try to draw action on a sheet of paper, it's hard. You have to draw panel after panel of action that is going on in your head on paper! It's not an easy feat to achieve, I'll give you that much. Which is why I respect manga artists.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
I like them both equally. I like manga beacause its 10 bucks(7 with shonen jump stuff) and manga shows more usually. I like anime beacause it has more of an involving presentation. But its 30 bucks a dvd so It takes longer to watch the whole thing.
Posted
you know after thinking about it i cant decide so im going to be neutral well one thing i like about manga (book verision not off the net) is that you can read it at your pleasure just say your tried you wouldnt want to sit at a computer to find out whats new rather be lying in bed reading the book. on the other had with manga its mainly imagination as you have to think about the characters voices and how they would make a joke or whatever when watching anime you can see everything in actions, sound, colour....etc you do not have to think much this this what i think.
Posted
Both anime and Manga are great, but in manga this are different then they are in the anime sometimes, i would say the anime is better than most of the manga. But dont get me wrong both are awesomely great!

<3 Cho-Lin
Posted
I'm not sure on which I prefer. I like manga's because I can create my own voices for each character, and when I see the anime, and the voices are horrible, I won't like the anime. But when I watch an anime first before reading the manga, I have the idea on how the voices sound, you know? And plus it's different because you actually see things going on in the anime and not in the manga's. Am I making sense? :animeswea
Posted
Manga is different...Anime is different.... Some characters look better in manga like Yuki looks better in the manga than anime. Anime is in color, and I don't know...I just like'em both!
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
I usually prefer the manga over the anime because of one thing, they usually edit it way too much and I would like to see the real strory. But occasionally I will watch the anime if it hasn't been too edited.
Posted
It matters for what anime I'm watching for me to judge that. Like for Naruto, I'd much ratehr read the manga. For anime like Bleach, I enjoy the anime more so.

[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][B]Ka-San[/B] please put more effort into your posts. For example you could have explained why you like the manga for Naruto better and why you prefer the anime of Bleach. Simply listing that you prefer one over the other without an explanation is spam. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]
Guest Rukia-san
Posted
Yah, same for me, It just depends on what series it is. For example I like the X/1999 manga way better then the Anime.

[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][B]Rukia-san[/B] please put more effort into your posts. For example you could have explained why you like the manga for X/1999 more than the anime. Simply listing that you prefer one over the other without an explanation is spam. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]
Posted
On an average of all the animes and mangas I've actually watched of the same series, I've always preferred the mangas for many reasons besides the fact they take long to download and take up a lot of space (especially if you have many series). I also prefer the art in the manga because it seems more detailed to me while anime is like a simplified version. Manga for me! :animesmil
Posted
it really depends on which series, i find

but the Cowboy Bebop manda sux compared the series, except for Shooting Star of course i love that. but it is totally different. in the oroginal manga the art is no where near as good and the strories aren't as interesting.

but that again i think the opposite of other series, the Wolf's rain mange rivals the anime, but when i first picked it up i was disapointed. but now i love it the drawing is so detailed in the manga and although the stories are different i love them both.

and its different again for fruits basket, i love the anime but perfer the manga heaps more, not only does it go heaps longer but the stroies are much more indepth and entertaining. but despite the anime production teams utter hatred i wish that episode six was also in the manga, that was so funny.
Posted
Well it really depends on the series. If a series is transfered to anime it is seen in action and colour but the story may change causeing the character development the manga-ka wrote in change makeing the characters personality to differentl. In my opinion I like them both the same anime for the action and manga just for the story.
Posted
Personally, i prefer anime because it's more detailed, it gives me the illusion that ive left reality and have become part of another. Also i like the vibrant color and voices of the anime, were in the manga's you read everything and most are in black and white. I think that it varies from person to person if they like one or the other more for there own reasons. Like i have friends that are die hard manga fan's, like in school while the teachers are talking there sitting there reading manga, lol. But on the other hand i also have friends that hardly ever read manga's but watch anime EVERY day. But when it come's down to it from what i've seen more people tend to like anime more then manga.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...