• Generation 2 (Comics)
    • Beast Wars
    • Machine Wars
    • Beast Machines
    • Robot in Disguise
    • I HATE Transformer
    • ALL

By Original, Z, do you mean HeadMasters? :p

Anyway, I do prefer Generation 1.... I WAS going to buy all the series.... the bastard never e-mailed me back...

Anyway, Robot in Disguise is actually "Tranformers 2000: Car" if I'm not mistaken... which was originally Japanese.... Generation 1 was drawn in America... the rest, with the exception of Beat Wars, although I could be wrong, were made in Japan as well. Beast Wars, I don't consider a TF series... it's stupid... but anyway, the series that started it all was HeadMasters in Japan i do believe... I actually really don't know... like 100% but I think I'm right....

the series are:

Headmasters - 35 episodes
Masterforce - 42 episodes
Victory - 32 episodes
2000: Car (Robots in Disguise) - 42 episodes

And then the Original as we call it. - 98 episodes

Beast Wars too but as I mentioned, I don't consider it to be a real TF series.... I dunno how many eps it has.

Well, I meant the original American series. I never really got into it as much to find every single series there is.

And the new series that's playing on Fox right now was originally titled [i]Transformers: Car Robots[/i] in Japan. It's more of an alternate telling of the Transformers storyline. And although they use the familiar names such as Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, etc. for the dubbed version, none of the characters shared those familiar names, instead using ones like Fire Convoy and God Magnus.

• 2 years later...
iv'e always been partial to transformers generation 1, i've watched the transformers movie and own it on dvd, but i havn't been albe to track down the original series in any decent condition, with the transformors: armada thing out now, every thing is happening before the movie, and guess who enters the fray, unicron. every transformer after gen2 i don't really like, though it is really hard to classify whether or not it is anime or not, though it did start in japan.

[color=teal]The original Transformers series is the one to watch, all sixteen episodes were as convincing as the other and it's pretty hard to get bored of them because it's [i]all[/i] original, especially the fact that the later episodes were distributed in the form of sagas.

When I turn the television on and see Armada, it reminds me of how badly animated series have evolved and have become more westernised. If you look back at the original, you'll see that Megatron was a ruthless leader who strived at nothing than to destroy the Autobots. The same can be said for Optimus Prime, he's a leader who respects his men and is someone that they all can look up to. Those aspects were achieved very well, but the new series lost sight of that somewhere along the way by adding one-liners and short and ineffective fight scenes.

If anything, I'd relate the Transformers to Star Wars. The story revolves around nothing but conflict and even if it wasn't as broadly developed as Star Wars, you will receive the basis of the message it's trying to display. Bringing in more characters meant more possibilities for the series that inevitably played in its favour to the lead to Unicron.

Beast Wars is a disgrace. It practically parades animals as good or bad in accordance to the nature they live by in wildlife. Shows like the Transformers don't come along anymore, it's a real shame, and anything that tries to reflect their ideas or image from it practically [i]can't[/i] succeed simply because the market is too demanding; they won't listen to what a small section of it has to say.[/color]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Apparently, no one is going to show any common sense, so I will: Beast Wars (And its spin-off, Beast Machines) was the best Transformers series ever, and one of the best cartoons of all times.

[quote name='BlueYoshi']It practically parades animals as good or bad in accordance to the nature they live by in wildlife[/quote]

Uh...no, it didn't. the Predacons had insect and dinosaur forms because they crash-landed in a wasteland area, with nothing for their DNA-scanners to choose from except bugs and fossils. The Maximals landed in a lush area, and had more to choose from. Oh, and one of the main maximals characters was a rat, who, according to your theory, should have been a Predacon.

Beast Wars had something the original Transformers solely lacked: depth beyond a mere 1/2 hour toy commercial. I mean, the fact that they kept a cast of only five-seven characters on each sidew was a vast improvement over G1 alone, where every character from the toys had to appear to get an animation clip to use in toy commercials.

Hey, we also have real characters with real complexities. Dinobot alone is a case study. Optimus Primal, Megatron, Cheetor, Tarantulas , BlackArachniaa nd most of the other characters actually change and progress as the series evolves, stepping out of the shdows of sterotypical character archetypes.

The Beast wars wasn't a black-and-white plotline. Megatron's speech in the last part of The Agenda actually explains Predacon behavior in a favorable light; his race has been agroup of second-class citizens, payin for the crimes of the Decepticons. Who wouldn't want to change that? (Granted, at this point, megs lost all his marbles, but still...)

Characters switched sides, the Preadcons won a few, and characters really died. THe episode Code of Hero, where Dinobot dies (aftert aking on every Predacon in succession) is better than anything G1 produced in its entire run.

The bottom line is, Beast WArs is the highest ring in terms of Transformer quality. When Hasbro abandoned thes tory line, things immediatly went downhill with RiD and Armada. If Beast Wars isn't "real Transformers", I'm not a "real" Transformers fan.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='DeathBug][color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Uh...no, it didn't. the Predacons had insect and dinosaur forms because they crash-landed in a wasteland area, with nothing for their DNA-scanners to choose from except bugs and fossils. The Maximals landed in a lush area, and had more to choose from. Oh, and one of the main maximals characters was a rat, who, according to your theory, should have been a Predacon.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]

[color=teal]Pretty much the same thing. They were bugs and dinosaurs because the makers wanted them to be bugs and dinosaurs; they thought that they'd suit those roles because of people's stereotypical views upon animals. What you said is probably just an explanation as to why they're in that form.

I liked the Transformers more because of the amount of activity involved within it. Seeing Megatron take over an oilwell whilst taking hostages showed how keen he is as a leader, that's probably a quality that may have been shown in Beast Wars, but I don't think it could ever reach the extent that the Tarnsformers took it to, that's true lineage in every way.[/color]

[quote name='BlueYoshi']Pretty much the same thing. They were bugs and dinosaurs because the makers wanted them to be bugs and dinosaurs; they thought that they'd suit those roles because of people's stereotypical views upon animals. What you said is probably just an explanation as to why they're in that form.[/quote]

So? The Insectacons were Decepticons because people don't like bugs. The Dinobots were Autobots because people like dinosaurs. G1 Megatron is a gun, reinforceing negative views of guns. If this is the worst you can say about the series, that means something.

By the way, Maximals have included sharks, bats, hyenas, manta rays, squids, and spiders, not exactly animals with "noble" perceptions.

[quote name='BlueYoshi'] liked the Transformers more because of the amount of activity involved within it. Seeing Megatron take over an oilwell whilst taking hostages showed how keen he is as a leader, that's probably a quality that may have been shown in Beast Wars, but I don't think it could ever reach the extent that the Tarnsformers took it to, that's true lineage in every way.[/color][/quote]

So, you haven't even seen Beast Wars, then? No wonder your qualms with it are so irreverent. Dude, do yourself a favor and rent the first and second seasons on DVD. The Agenda and Code of Hero alone will blow your G1 mind.

And G1 Megatron was a crappy leader. Seriously. BW Megatron, on the other hand, actually won. Several times.