Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
It's rare enough that I actually [i]post[/i] in Play It (I don't play many games), but I'm actually starting a thread. I think that's one of the signs of the apocalypse, but don't hold me to that.

I don't know if it was playing my friend's copy of the game, watching the movie, or playing my friend's copy and watching the movie in the same day, but I violated my "wait for prices to drop, and then buy used" policy by buying a crisp, new copy Spider-Man 2 for the PS2.

While I didn't like the mission-based gameplay of Grand Theft Auto (I think that game's just a little overrated), I liked it in this game. It really gives you a feel for Spider-Man's depression, as you stop a crime, realize there's another in progress around the corner, and you still have to make it to work. I'm starting to hate little girls with balloons, so that shows the catharsis is really kicking in.

This game also had something the movie lacked. Spider-Man's lip. He has a comment for everything.

I've only had the game for about two days, so I've only just escaped [spoiler]Mysterio's funhouse of corniness and campy tragedy.[/spoiler]

Thoughts? Opinions? Notes?
Posted
[color=darkred][size=1]I don't own a copy of Spider-Man 2 yet. Note the [b]yet[/b].

While I don't have a next gen console (again....yet), I did play the X-Box version at EBGames the day I went to see the movie.

I spent 10 minutes just swinging around New York. And I was sooo entertained. This game is that much fun.

I didn't have much time to fool with it, as I was rushing to get set for the movie, but wow. I wish I could have taken the time to actually find some of the missions and play more with other controls, but the web swining controls were quick to learn, and the noticably missing "Fog Of Death" from the previous Spider-Man game (as well as Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Enter Electro for the PS1) is a welcome improvement.

Sadly, my inexperience with the game did inadvertantly lead to the death of a window washer. Ah well.

--Chris[/color][/size]
Posted
Good Game, but it's too short. I beat it in 3 days. [SPOILER]After you beat Dr.Octopus the game is over. But they have you win 50,000 hero points to completer the next chapter and after that theres nothin left but the awards to get.[/SPOILER]
Guest gUnGrAvE 67
Posted
it took you 3 days. It took me about 2 days the last chapters where long though. the chapters after you beat Doc. Ock and you begin your life. But the swinging was the greatest key part to the game.
Posted
yeah im half way through it, ive only had it one day...im assuming the doc oct fight is hard so im giving myself a little time with that, but still, it could and should have been way longer.
Guest Mad Acer
Posted
Yes, let's all brag about the amount of time we accomplished the game in.

Anyways, when I first got it I thought the game was pure crap. I thought, why on earth did I waste all my hard-earned money? But then after a while it kind of grew on me.

For the last boss battle I recomend you get a brother or friend to press B and then you do everything else. That way you don't have to worry about dodging you can just... well you'll figure out I don't want to ruin the game for you.
Posted
The game grows on you, but not to the point of where I'm going to run out and buy it after I rented it for three days.

Basically, I've found most of the game to be "eh." The swinging is really fun, of course, and I really enjoy the "Go Anywhere" type of gameplay, but the missions are so-so, and lack variety. On top of that, most of the character models are rather atrocious. I'm looking at Peter Parker (his running animation was incredibly stilted and blocky, as well), MJ, Harry, Jameson, primarily, and to a lesser extent, the citizens themselves. As I played the game, and watched a minute of the cutscenes, I kept flashing back to early, early PS2 or PS1 games' CG, you know, Syphon Filter's type of stuff, where the CG characters look putty-ish and don't really have any articulation. That's what I see in Spiderman 2. The characters just look bad, lol.

Other than that, and the fact that I think the first game had better Cityscape graphics, the game is pretty fun. I think my favorite part of it so far isn't even associated with the plot itself, just doing a fully charged jump off of the tallest skyscraper in the city, then not getting a web off in time, face-planting myself on the rooftop of someone's house, lol. I'm amazed I didn't die. I had a very tiny sliver of health left, but I wasn't quite dead yet, and then I had to fight The Rhino...grr...

Overall, the game's fun, but like I said, the character models needed work and it was just a general content issue. I think I enjoyed delivering pizzas the most out of any of the missions, actually.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I played it at my friends house, and it was alright. Swinging through the air and the g force and that were all fun, but it wasn't something I would go out and buy. But it would be a good rent, if you're really bored.
Posted
I liked Spiderman 2 [I]a lot[/I] until I beat it. The game mechanics are okay. Swinging around and fighting is very fun. When you beat the game and get to [spoiler] Chapter 16's mission of 50,000 hero points and find out you get a lvl 8 swing speed as a reward. [/spoiler] I was pissed off at that. I also took part in Gamefaqs.com's Spiderman 2 forums quest for 100% completion to see if it unlocked anything. Even 100% unlocks nothing. The game is fun, but they needed more extras like the [spoiler] Playable Green Goblin [/spoiler] from spiderman: the movie game. There is very little replay value in the game to keep you playing. In my opinion this game isn't really worth the money.
Posted
[color=magenta]I played Spiderman 2, But I got a question. How do you unlock Doc Ock? I've heard of a glitch where yuou play as him for 10 minutes, but how do you do it?[/color]

Any help is appreciated.

[size=1][font=Century Gothic]_[color=#ff00ff]-[/color][color=black]N[/color][color=#ff00ff]a[/color][color=black]t[/color][color=#ff00ff]e[/color][color=black]-[/color][color=#ff00ff]_[/color][/font][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...