Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Which is the Best?  

3 members have voted

  1. 1. Which is the Best?

    • Current
      1
    • Pillar
      1
    • Invert
      1


Recommended Posts

Posted
These are a few banners I made with the GIMP Program. They're not that good because I was sitting there for an hour and a half trying to figure the damn thing out. Here they are (I know they suck):

My Current One:
[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/reijinmusic/resize.png[/IMG]

Pillar Banner:
[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/reijinmusic/Pillar%20Banner.GIF[/IMG]
(was a JPEG and I switched it to a GIF so the color quality got messed up)

Inverted Beware:
[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/reijinmusic/untitled.PNG[/IMG]

What do you kids think?

EDIT: I found a Chevelle Invert that I made
[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/reijinmusic/chevelle2.png[/IMG]
Posted
[font=Arial][size=1][color=Indigo]Hmm... I've never used the GIMP for making banners, heh, only drawing. But I'll rate these anyway.

The First One: This will probably end up going for all of these banners - Use a border. Borders can make a banner look better in most scenarios. Even simple one line black borders are good.

The image you've used in this banner (would I be correct in assuming its Diablos of FFVII fame?) is of pretty poor quality, and the banner suffers because of it. And also, the maroon text is difficult to read and the font type isn't terribley interesting.

The Second One: I was drawn to this on initially, because it had an interesting background. ^_^ I dunno if it was the screwing with the file format or what, but I wasn't aware there was any text to the left of 'Pillar' until I looked closely. Maybe a better colour choice, if possible?

The Third One: I like this one. The font is interesting and the image itself is relatively simple. A border wouldn't hurt though.

The Fourth One: Hmm... the text is hard to read (and, yet again, boring) and the inverting effect doesn't really 'do' it for me this time.

Heh, hope that helps, man.[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
here's some more:

[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/reijinmusic/anime%20avatar.PNG[/IMG]
This is an avatar i made to go with...

[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/reijinmusic/RPG%20dude.png[/IMG]
this banner. The boarder is kinda messed up but oh well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...