OtakuBoards

Sandman Chapter 2: Spence

Skye

[color=red][size=1]OOC: Now I'm crying...

IC:[i] Damn...I love...you...can't feel my pulse...Shinyo...why?[/i] And fell backwards, the shock that it was just a game that led her to hate him, when he had loved her, was too much. He fell on the sword, it drove right through his leg, and he lay there, in his own blood, lost in his mind. A song that he knew rang through his head,

[i]Ooh, oh, oh
Ooh, oh, oh, oh, oh
I can't believe the news today
I can't close my eyes and make it go away
How long must we sing this song, how long?

Broken bottles under childern's feet
Bodies strew across the street
On a Sunday Bloody Sunday
Sunday Bloody Sunday

But I won't heed the battle call
I push my back against the wall

A Sunday Bloody Sunday

And this battle's yet begun
We've lost, but tell me who's won?
Trenches dug within our hearts
Mothers, brothers, sisters torn apart

Sunday Bloody Sunda
How long my I sing this song
How long, How long-on-on-ong?[/i]

And he was dying quick, he only had eight to seven days before he would die. All over a stupid game.[/color][/size]

"Shinyo, you wait here, Brittney, make sure Spence is ok" Shinyo began to argue but Shaun replied "Theres enough trouble already, please" Shaun smiled. Shinyo nodded.

[I]Velvet, Velvet, Velvet[/I] he concentrated only on her, only her. And in an instant he was gone, Velvet was still running when Shaun materialised. "Velvet wait, stop" Shaun ran to kkep up with her, then just used his telkekinetics to slow her to a halt.

"Shaun let me go" she cried, she gave up sitting on the bench that Shaun had formed and motioned to sit down.

"Velvet take my hand, we need to talk" Shaun whispered

Velvets hands were wrapped around Shaun's now "Velvet, your upset, i can feel it, and we all can see it". Velvet never said anything so Shaun continued "Spence, well Spence feels alot, and when i say alot, well i mean ALOT". Velvet shook her head "If he cared so much for me then why would he care on one kiss woth Brittney"

"Well during that kiss, Spence saw you calmly enjoy it, he didn't know the back story, thats why he burst out like that"

Velvet shook her head again "Shaun ! What if you kissed me because something happen and all he seen was the kiss, he would start on you wouldn't he"

Shaun nodded "Thats probably true, but Velvet, he doesn't want to lose you, so he may freak out at times, you don't know how much hurt was caused by that kiss"

Velvet looked into his eyes "You........Shaun we need to make things right, but i don't know, what can i do about him"

Shaun stod up, Velvet following "Velvet, thats one thing you'll have to figure out by yourself.

[color=slategray][size=2][font=veranda]Velvet turned away, eyes closed, head bent. [I]No. Shaun, you don?t understand. I hurt him? He hurt me. I can?t feel sorry for everyone all the time and never think of myself. Unless you want me to die.[/I] She looked up sharply, not daring to say anything out loud.

Shaun looked at her shocked as she continued. [I]I don?t need help. Spence needs help. He?ll kill him self. I need space, I need someone who will listen to me for once, and stop lecturing me, and I need someone who doesn?t care![/I] Velvet turned and walked purposely down the sidewalk. Shaun noticed a slight change in her.

Her shoulders were straight, and her head held higher. Her eyes glowed with a feircness that was unusual. Her hair had its sheen back, and the ends were curling up into little springs of ebony. She walked purposefully, her steps sure. [I]I know what I need to do, now. I need to stop needing everyone.[/I] With that, Velvet slammed her shields down, closed her eyes, and weaved a portal.

The girl stepped through it without a backwards glance, and it closed behind her.

Velvet wandered down a dark pathway, and her eyes slowly adjusted to the light. She saw Shinyo, up against a wall, being beat up. She averted her eyes, and ran past. She passed every trial, using no violence.

Sandman watched her, amazed. [I]Maybe this is the one I need.[/I] Velvet stopped running, and breathed heavily. Spence lay near her, his leg penetrated by his own sword. She stood in shock, paralyzed.

Sandman put a hand on her shoulder, and she spun. ?Careful child. I will help you heal him. You passed each test faster than him. You did it better than anyone I have seen in years. You diserve your clue.? Velvet looked confused. ?:I don?t understand, Sandman. What was the clue?? Sandman opened his mouth, then shut it again. ?First, save your friend.? Velvet looked at Spence, her eyes raging. She tore the necklace off, though it hurt her skin, and threw it down. ?No.?[/color][/font][/size]

[color=red][size=1]Spence looked at her, and smilied weakly as the necklace was thrown upon his chest. Blood lay splattered on his chest from him puking it up, and his leg twisted and horribly broken.

"I...know you...hate me. You hate me....because I ...I...I didn't trust you. Before I leave, I'll let you...you know why. My...mother cheated...with a woman...on...my dad...before marrage. She got a...a diease...that made, made me...made me...telekinetic. I hated...it...and I didn't...want the same...to happen to your...kid. I love you..."[/color][/size]

[color=slategray][size=2][font=veranda]Velvet glared at him, and said cold and sharp, ?Spence, it would have been anyway. Its parent?s are. I probably would have made Brittany god-mother. But no. Not you. Never you.?

She looked back to Sandman, her eyes hard. ?Sandman, take me. Take m instead of David. Let him go, and take me instead.?

Spence coughed hard, and gasped out, ?No..! Velvet, no? for.. me?? Velvet looked at him. ?You think I?m going to do anything for you, now??[/color][/font][/size]

[color=red][size=1]With every last ounce of strength in his body, he got up, and moved in front of Velvet and Sandman, twisted leg limp and dull. Breathing hard, he exclamed,

"You and Brittney and Shinyo and all of them, you deserve to love each other. I'm the misfit in the group. I just didn't want the kid to hate himself like I hated my self. If that's how it is, I'll go. I don't care if I die, even though you hate me, I still love you."[/color][/size]

[color=slategray][size=2][font=veranda]Velvet wouldn?t look at him. ?Go, then. If you die, go away from me. I don?t want to have you haunting my dreams for the rest of my life.? Her words were bitter, and true. She didn?t want him haunting her. In fact, she didn?t want him dead at all. Velvet wanted Spence to trust her.

[I]He has already proven he can?t.[/I] she thought privately.

Sandman stood silently, watching the exchange. He knew what went on in Velvet?s head, and relayed some of it to Spence. The old man walked over, and knelt. He touched Spence?s maimed leg, and said, ?This will hurt. You broke the bone when you slide that sword into it. I have to break it again to be able to make it better.? He reached up, and there was a sickening crack.

Velvet was pale, her eyes wide and scared. Sandman caught the young man as he fell unconscious with pain, and then ran his hand over Spence?s leg. Velvet could see, hear, and [I]feel[/I] the bones and veins being healed. When he was done, she ran over, and dropped to her knees.

?Will he live?? Sandman nodded, and Velvet slumped down thankfully. Sandman patted her back, smiling like a gradfather.[/color][/font][/size]

"God i can't make another portal, i'll die of exasperation, is that a word, oh stuff it" Shaun had began making his way back to the house.

He started singing as he was walking soon he had got louder, making people back away from him as he walked.

[I]Silently to silence fall
In the fields of futile war
Toys of death are spitting lead
Where boys that were our soldiers bled
war horse and war machine

Curse the name of liberty
Marching on as if they should
Mix in the dirt our brothers' blood

In the mud and rain
What are we fighting for
Is it worth the pain is it worth dying for
Who will take the blame
Why did they make a war
Questions that come again
Should we be fighting at all

Once a ploughman hitched his team
Here he sowed his little dream
Now bodies arms and legs are strewn
Where mustard gas and barbwire bloom
Each moment's like a year
I've nothing left inside for tears
Comrades dead or dying lie
I'm left alone asking why

After the war
Left feeling no one has won
After the war
What does a soldier become [/I]

The music powered him, "I need to get Spence, i need to help him, and Velvet, what are Brittney and Shinyo doing"

And with that he simply made a portal and walked through it, easier than he did before. "After the war, left feeling no one has won"

"Thats like us, he don't know if we'll win it, but i'll be dead before i stop trying to save everybody" he said aloud

[I]The Hells[/I] he thought. "If Shinyo or Brittney is here, it'll do good getting to them quick"

He concentrated on Shinyo, and in an instant he was beside him. Shinyo fell back "Woah Shaun, help me get this thing away"

Shaun easily morghed it into a box and threw it up into the air, destroying it with a click of his fingers.

"Come on Shinyo, we need to get to them" Shaun said

[b]OOC: This will probably be my last post for the week, I'm going on a trip. I might have acess to a computer, but it's doubtful.[/b]

[b][i][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Shinyo and Shaun walked along the corridor, waiting fo something. Shinyo knew Velvet didn't want to be saved, that she wasn't a damsel in distress.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#808080][/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=black]OOC: Are you trying to copy Terra from Teen Titans? Because I just realized, this situation is akwardly like it.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=2][/size][/font][/b]
[b][i][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]But he wanted to see her again, they were friends at the very least, and he knew Sandman wasn't no Santy Caluse. He didn't want her to be harmed in anyway, she had been all he had for so long, if he lost her, he lost his soul, and reason to live.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#808080][/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#808080]Shinyo suddenly saw something, and of course, it was a very graphic scene of Velvet dieing, in a very slow and painful way.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]

[color=slategray][size=2][font=veranda]Velvet cradled Spence?s head in her lap, humming. Even when Sandman faded away to go somewhere, she didn?t look up from Spence?s face. She had put the necklace back on, as Sandman had repaired the chair.

Spence smiled in his half-concious state, and said, ?Velvet?? He reached for her, and she held his hand to her face. [I]I am sorry, Spence. You hurt me. I hurt you. We need to stop.[/I]

Her words were blunt, yes ? but true. Spence knew it, as much as he hated it. He thought. [I]I?m sorry, too, Velvet.[/I] His smile was genuine.

?You sure smile a lot for a boy who has next to nothing left in his life.? She said softly.[/color][/font][/size]

[color=red][size=1]"Not true, I've got you." And with a weak grin, started to fall unconisus again. In the white room they were, no one around. Resting, they would go back when he woke up, if they were lucky. If they wern't, it'd be a day to three. She had cleared them so quick...it was amazing. [i]I never ment to hurt anyone, especially you, Velvet. Don't you understand by now? I love you. I was just trying to do what was best for you. And I caused you physical and mental pain.[/i] Those were his thoughts as he drifted away, besides one song,

[i]Hold me now
Oh hold me now
Till this hour has
gone around
And I'm gone
Ont the rising tide
For to face Van Diamen's land

Its a bitter pill I swolllow here
To be rend from one so dear
We fought for justice
and not for gain
but the Magistrate sent
me away

Hold me now
Oh hold me now
till this hour has
gone around
And I'm gone on
The Rising Tide
For to face Van Diamen's land...[/i]

OOC:Short, I know.[/color][/size]

[color=slategray][size=2][font=veranda]OOC: I don?t think Spence is going tot alk to me till I post?

IC: Velvet smoothed out the hair on Spence?s forehead, humming. Sandman soon returned, and handed her something. She stared at it for a couple minutes, and smiled. Her smile was directed at Sandman, who seemed slightly surprised.

?Thank you, Sandman.? She put the vial on the chain around her neck, and then went back to watching Spence.

OOC: Okay. Does anyone object to killing Sonata and Crucifix? *has a slightly irritated tone* They were supposed to be back by now?. *grumbles*[/color][/font][/size]

[b][size=2]OOC:What the- I'm gone for like a week, and 3 posts?!?! COME ON!!![/size][/b]
[b][size=2][/size][/b]
[b][i][size=2][color=gray]Shinyo watched in horror as the only friend he'd ever had died in the most painful way you could die without being poisoned. Having your lungs punctured. [/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=2][color=gray][/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=2][color=gray]She was still alive, but in excruciating pain. There was a knife through her chest, and she had bruises all over, like she had been beat.[/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=2][color=#808080][/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=2][color=#808080]It was almost too hard for him to watch, she'd be alive for about another 3 minutes, and then hopefuly, the trial would be over he hoped as tears streamed down his face.[/color][/size][/i][/b]