OtakuBoards

Afterlife.....

TOTALIMMORTAL

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed]What does everybody here believe regarding afterlife? Whether or not you believe in it or not. I'm not asking for this thread to end up being a huge religious debate, I just want to know what you all think could happen after you die. Heaven and Hell maybe? I'd like to hope that there is indeed life after death, and hopefully that you remember your past lives if theres reincarnation of a sort. The problem with the afterlife is that you really don't have any idea whatsoever until it's too late. Along with many other things. The concept of Heaven and Hell is definitely an intriguing one, when where you end up is determined by your actions in the previous life. I'm not religious at all myself, but I've been raised Catholic, so I've grown up being told about the belief that good people go to Heaven, and the bad go to Hell. I'm also a huge Stephen King fan, and in one of his books he mentions his own beliefs on the afterlife. He says he believes in Hell, but that Hell is repitition. Having to do the task you hate more than anything else, again, and again, and again. And those of you who do believe in Heaven and Hell, do you purposely try to be good so you don't end up in the latter? Please tell me what you all think or believe, this is definitely an interesting subject.....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I am being brought up as a Catholic, *grumble*. I do believe in a Heaven, but a Hell, i don't think so. I think that God thinks of everyone equally, whatever they have done, and at the Gates of Heaven i believe that the Angel protecting these Gates has a chocie. If you lie about how you feel bad about what you have don,e i think then you will be reincarnated.

And if you genuinely want to repent then you can either attempt to have a better life by re-incarnating, or you will be let into the Kingdo of God. Well thats just y opinion anyway.

[size=1]Just an FYI, no matter how much you don't want it to, the thread will eventually turn into a huge religious debate. It's a 99.99% guaranteed thing.

As for an afterlife, I can't say for sure.
I'd like to think that there is no Heaven or Hell just because I'm an Athiest, but no one knows for sure. For all anyone knows, the afterlife could be peanut butter. Or boron. Or nothing. We don't know.
And that is my personal belief. I don't know. When I get there I'll find out. And not a minute too soon.[/size]

Honestly, it seems futile and somewhat of a time-waster to concentrate on the Afterlife. I mean, we don't know what's there, we won't experience what's there for a while, so why should we think so much about it now?

That said, I'm one of those people who doesn't view the Afterlife as anything specific. The way I look at it, everyone's Afterlife is different, based on their Ideologies and approach towards life. For example, if someone views the world as antagonistic and resembling a boring, mundane, filing clerk's job, then their Afterlife isn't going to be pretty. It'll actually be kind of boring.

I envision my Afterlife as a Theatre Performance. I recently saw Inside The Actor's Studio when it featured the cast of The Simpsons (Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Nancy Cartwright, etc). When asked about what they want God to say to them when they reach the Pearly Gates, one said, "Show starts in half-an-hour."

I'd like that. :) I'm a performer at heart, so I'd like to think my Afterlife is doing what I do best and love: performing.

[color=crimson][font=tahoma]I agree with Siren's idea, actually. I think it is more personal- what you believe, how you live. It all affects your eventual ending- it's almost logical, I suppose.

It's is a waste of time to drone over it consistently, but I'm sure none of you do that. Personally I'm rather hoping and believing that there is some form of reincarnation. I would rather hate to only have this one trip to do everything I would wish to do. But, who knows.

I'm still an agnostic- so, that flows into the other religious opinions. No way to know for sure- if you are faithful in it, that's fine. Your choice. I hope you get what you wish, as I am hoping I get what I wish.

Let's hope silly-heads don't decimate this topic with a mix of ego and opinion.[/color][/font]

I think if you go around doing things in life only out of fear of going to hell and not because you truly believe you should that's a pretty bad sign in God's eyes. I like to believe that there is no guaranteed guideline to how to live your life that'll get you into heaven. I think God gives you a second chance to redeem yourself up there and I'm pretty sure He can tell if you're being honest or not. I also think there is no one type of heaven. Truthfully the description of heaven in the bible never really appealed to me, I think everyone has their own type of heaven, it seems pretty logical to me. There is no key into getting into heaven, I think you pretty much just live your life and let the death, heaven and hell part come at it's own time. I doubt you'll ever be at the gates of heaven and upon review it's revelead you missed a Sunday of church and that's it, the levers pulled and you burn in hell. I think God's a lot more compassionate than the church and the bible try to make you believe.

To tell the truth I hope that the aferlife will be like the one in yu-yu hakusho. But you never know ,I do think there is a heven and a hell. As far as how to get to them I don't know. And nobody will every know untill that time comes. As for right now I'm not going to worry about that as long as I do what right thats all that matters. But I agree with KnightOfTheRose this will most likey turn into a religious debate.

[quote name='Icarus2K']I think that God thinks of everyone equally, whatever they have done, and at the Gates of Heaven i believe that the Angel protecting these Gates has a chocie. If you lie about how you feel bad about what you have done i think then you will be reincarnated.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]I've never thought of it that way before. It makes sence. Well as for me I don't reallly ponder life after death untill gandalf from lord of the rings said that line about him being reincarnated as gandalf the white. I found it amazing the way he worded it. And From FF7 with the life stream and having your spirit reincarnated into anouther organic life. Thats pretty amazing to me. The thing is I don't really believe in that stuff. I think when you die, you fall into a slumber in which you never wake up.[/B] [/COLOR]

Well, my beliefs go back to Cotton Mather. I believe in Heavan and God, so much that He is a fact. But I do think there are preternatural realms, a realm of good and a realm of evil, and angels come from the good while demons come from the evil. Hell is a place for pure evil. The only person we're sure of being there is Judas too, according to my high school religion teacher.

And ghosts and such, they are people who have buisness left in this world until they are ready to go to the next world. For instance if they have loved ones they may stay to guide them until they die then both shall go to the next world. This is only an idea of mine.