OtakuBoards

Fable or Star Wars: Battlefronts??

Attimus331

I have a xbox and xbox live, and i was wondering if i should get Fable or Star Wars: Battlefronts. Please help me.

On one hand i've been waiting for Fable for nearly 2 years. I really love the thought of the game. The whole concept just seems cool. It got an 8.6 on Gamespot

On the other hand i really love star wars, and multiplayer games. I'm afraid that if i get Fable i'll get tired of it after one play through. I love multiplayer games, mainly because of the replay value, and the interactions with other people. This game is supposed to be a lot like battlefield 1942, so if you know about that, then tell me about it. The game got an 8.2 on Gamespot.

I'm currently leaning a little more towards Star Wars...

Well, there's a thread on Star Wars: Battlefront, if you'd like to see what kind of feedback it's gotten from OBers:

[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=39834][u]Star Wars: Battlefront[/u][/url]

There's a Fable thread somewhere, but I'm too tired right now to find it, lol.

But...just looking at what you're describing...Battlefront is designed for Xbox Live, and at most in Fable, Xbox Live will only be extra downloadable content. Even though Battlefront is insanely fun in Offline, Online adds a lot more to it, but Fable is strictly Offline, from what I've heard, so your Xbox Live would be wasted on Fable, I think.

Also, you love Star Wars, and you had much more to say about Battlefront than you did Fable, so...how is there any choice here? Seems pretty clear that you're set on Star Wars: Battlefront, lol.

I definently agree with Siren on this one. I just got Battlefront a few days ago and I've had an absolute blast with it, and I don't have X-box live. I could have gotten Fable instead, but I remembered that the designer and director of the project, Peter Molyneux, is notorious for hyping games to death and then only delivering on half of that promise at best. Take his last game, Black and White. I bought that game because I heard that it was going to be revolutionary, but ended up playing it for two days and never touching it again. I decided that I should buy a game that I know is good instead of a game that could be the best or worst game ever made. I'll wait for a reliable review of Fable before I buy, thank you.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I'd go for Fable over SW: Battlefront, just because Battlefield: 1942 bored me to tears.

But Fable is an "ok" RPG. It looks nice and the music is good, and yeah doing all of the "random fun" stuff is a blast for a little while. But there's no real meat to the game, and you can get through the main quest in about 15 hours probably. My friend has the game and so I've played it a bit, and I think I'll get it as soon as I'm done with KOTOR, but it's not nearly as good as either Morrowind or KOTOR if you ask me.

Neither game is worth getting an Xbox for, and neither is worth getting Xbox live for (Fable will probably have some downloadable content, judging from the menus at the beginning).

Anyway, Halo 2 comes out in 1 1/2 months, so get an Xbox and/or Xbox Live for THAT, heh.

im gonna have to agree with the majority here and say Star Wars: battlefronts. i just recently purchased an Xbox, and my only two games right now are Halo and SWB. i think Battlefronts is very unique, good for mulitplaer, and definetly one of the best star wars games ive ever played.

Fable is probably one of the WORSE RPG"s I've ever played. First of all i beat the game in only 12 hours...thats probably including watching the cinema scenes and all. When i finally beat the game I was like, "Are you serious thats it." I'm not sure why they made the game so short, but I was highly disappointed in it. I think i'll just stick with FF games for the PS2 since they at least have over 40 hours of game play along with a better story line....since Fable's story line was completely off track most of the time and highly predictable.

I was at a lan last night (woot for 30+ hours hours awake) and we were playing battlefront and it was great we had few matches in hoth then we went to endor with no AI and were having speader bike races through the forest it is great fun even when i got home and had a single, player dig with teh conquest mode and campians

i know you are asking aobut for Xbow but they would be almost exactlly the same in tehe way that they are set up with a few tweaks for the diffence of platform

I suggest renting both before you make a purchase (unless you've made your decision already). I never bothered purchasing Fable, but I've played my friend's copy and based on what I've seen so far, the replay value isn't as non-existent as some people would have you believe. Although it's possible to blast right through the game, there's quite a bit to do in the way of distractions that'll extent the time of your first play-through. For example, experimenting with combat and NPC interaction can be pretty darn enjoyable. When you factor in the differences possible based on your behavior, this is a game worth going through twice.

That definitely doesn't mean I'm favoring it as a choice, but let's be fair here. These are two entirely separate games; they don't even belong in the same genre. So, comparing their scores on Gamespot is moot. This all comes down to your preference in gaming experiences right now. Do you feel like playing an RPG or an online shooter? Personally, I'd just wait for Knights of the Old Republic II. You know, seeing as how it's a combination of these things (i.e., Star Wars + role-playing)/

Duuuuude,get Fable man it's worth it.I'm a big Star Wars fan but Fable just seems better.I mean do yuo get to get married in SWB?Do you get to drink beer and get drunk in SWB?Do you get to flirt with the honeys in SWB?Do you get to get freaky with ya girl in SWB?I think not. :2women: :beer: :nope: