OtakuBoards

Star Ocean

OmegaWeapon

[font=comic sans ms]I see. Thanks for the tips.

[quote name='SunfallE][color=royalblue']There's also a charm of insight, blackberries, falchion, Aquaberries and an Earth Pixie, though the Earth pixie is a pain to get since you need the Whimsical hauler to get it. And later you can invent one anyway, so it's not necessary to get it.[/color][/quote]
Good thing you said that because I also missed out on the charm of insight, falchion, as well as that Earth Pixie. The Hauler I was using (Whimiscal?) took me to the exit (unexpectedly).

[quote name='SunfallE][color=royalblue']And yeah, the guide is pretty damn useful. Not only does it have maps showing where everything is it has great tips on all that you need to do to get everything. In fact it's where I'm getting my information from. ^_~ The one by BradyGames is 268 pages thick. I've used mine a lot since I'm about half way through on the Universe level. I've only got a few more battle trophies to earn in order to unlock the hardest level. The 4D level. Though I'm wondering how in the world I'll manage to survive the first fight. I died the first time I tried to get past it on the harder Universe level. o_O[/color][/quote]
Good luck with that.

By the way, don't you want to let me borrow that guide? "coughs" ^_^[/font]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Phenom][font=comic sans ms]I see. Thanks for the tips.

Good thing you said that because I also missed out on the charm of insight, falchion, as well as that Earth Pixie. The Hauler I was using (Whimiscal?) took me to the exit (unexpectedly).
[/font][/QUOTe]

[font=tahoma]There are may more charms to be had, i think i ended the game with about 6 of em, and as for the falchion, not too long after getting through the caverns I'm pretty sure you get a much better weapon anyhow, you don't really have to be too concerned with those misses. I completely forgot about the earth pixie, though I know for a fact you get others.

There many more things to be missed inside someplace like [spoiler]Castle Airyglyph or the Shrine of Kaddan[/spoiler], but if your working toward clearing all the maps and getting your bunnies, missing things shouldn't be a problem, it will just be a matter of what you are able to get at that point in time.[/font]

[COLOR=#DAA520]Well if you're only going for items with the name 'charm' in them then yeah, there isn't too many of them.

Charm of Insight - +5 Critical Rate
Charm of Tranquility - -1 Fury use
Earth Charm - Adds earth defense 1/2 damage
Fire Charm - Adds fire defense 1/2 damage
Mist Charm - +20% escape speed
Mallet Charm - Immunity to stunning not including AAAs [anti attack auras]
Water Charm - Adds water defense 1/2 damage
Wind Charm - Adds wind defense 1/2 damage

And that doesn't include all the other things like the Anti Freezing, Anti Stone, Anti Poison, and tons of other accessories that you can either find or eventually make or win in certain battles. ^_^

But since you can only wear two items at a time I usually end up using the Tri-Emblem I mentioned here: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=773628&postcount=86]Post[/URL] Since its extremely useful. Once you reach a point in the game where you can get them that is.

Another thing even though Sophia is annoying...[spoiler]Sophia and Adray have a restoration spell that they acquire when they are leveling up. Sophia gets her?s when she hits level 22 and Adray gets his when he hits level 32. [/spoiler] So once she's a member of your party you definitely want to level her up since that symbology spell is extremely useful to have since she and the other one are the only ones to have spells that can revive downed characters. And the spell works even between battles so you don't have to have her in your active party. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#DAA520]Well even though I've beaten the game and I'm about halfway through on the harder Universe Mode I only just now got around to finishing the first of three bonus dungeon areas. The [spoiler]Maze of Tribulations[/spoiler] It wasn't too bad and other than a few monsters most of them were pretty easy to beat. But that final boss! o_O Good lord was it a pain! Fighting [spoiler]Gabriel Celesta [/spoiler] was an exercise in patience since when the boss's hp/mp reaches about half he starts using an attack called [spoiler]Dragons attack, which by the way is a pretty nifty look attack even if it does cover nearly the entire area and pounds your characters quite a bit. [/spoiler]

It was a good thing that I had lots of restorative items since even with my better equipment and good attacks, other than the main character I controlled, the other two got KO'd on a regular basis.

Though now that I did that I've realized that I missed the [spoiler]Raven Gauntlets on level three for Cliff. [/spoiler] So now I need to go back and get them. But even better... I now have access to [spoiler]The Santa Clause Merchant and all the Crafting Materials I want! Even if he does look creep as hell! lol [/spoiler] Still, once I can afford to do more at least I won't have to hunt for the materials I need for the customizing process. Well at least for refining things that I make that is. :catgirl:

Anyway, now I'm off to start on the [spoiler]sealed levels of the Sphere company! [/spoiler] Even if there are way to many of them. o_O [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=#DAA520]Well even though I've beaten the game and I'm about halfway through on the harder Universe Mode I only just now got around to finishing the first of three bonus dungeon areas. The [spoiler]Maze of Tribulations[/spoiler] It wasn't too bad and other than a few monsters most of them were pretty easy to beat. But that final boss! o_O Good lord was it a pain! Fighting [spoiler]Gabriel Celesta [/spoiler] was an exercise in patience since when the boss's hp/mp reaches about half he starts using an attack called [spoiler]Dragons attack, which by the way is a pretty nifty look attack even if it does cover nearly the entire area and pounds your characters quite a bit. [/spoiler]

It was a good thing that I had lots of restorative items since even with my better equipment and good attacks, other than the main character I controlled, the other two got KO'd on a regular basis.

Though now that I did that I've realized that I missed the [spoiler]Raven Gauntlets on level three for Cliff. [/spoiler] So now I need to go back and get them. But even better... I now have access to [spoiler]The Santa Clause Merchant and all the Crafting Materials I want! Even if he does look creep as hell! lol [/spoiler] Still, once I can afford to do more at least I won't have to hunt for the materials I need for the customizing process. Well at least for refining things that I make that is. :catgirl:

Anyway, now I'm off to start on the [spoiler]sealed levels of the Sphere company! [/spoiler] Even if there are way to many of them. o_O [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]It was a pathetic sight moments after my fourth loss to [spoiler]Gabriel Celesta[/spoiler], I just put my head down on my desk and started muttering curses wanting very much to throw the game out the window and pray for an eighteen-wheeler to crush it to next christmas. It's true, the maze is hardly anything to worry about minus two parts, the light sphere hunting on the fourth level (the range those things have on their attack is rediculous) and of course the aforementioned final boss. I remember very much relying on Maria for both of those parts, she is quite the lifesaver. Luckily I had the patience to gain a couple more levels before finally beating Mr. angelic, I believe everyone was comfortably in the low 70s when I got out of that place.

The [spoiler]sphere building[/spoiler], have fun with that :p. It's about 10x more tedious and there are multiple bosses of similar calibur to our good friend down in the maze. It isn't nearly as interesting as the maze, but it yields amazing treasures obviously, and there are a lot of sweet scenes and easter eggs for fans of a certain other game which will remain nameless (those who have gone through the maze probably already know).

One thing though, I don't know if you've already done it or not Beth, but before you go to the [spoiler]sphere building[/spoiler], go to the [spoiler]Urssa Cave Temple[/spoiler]. You said one out of three so I assumed you were hitting up the corporation as your second. There are a couple of folios there for Adray and whoever out of Cliff and Mirage you didn't teach [spoiler]Infinity Kick[/spoiler] to from the one you got in the maze. Also there is another pair of Raven Gauntlets down there along with some trading cards if you've been collecting them. It's a significantly shorter area than the [spoiler]sphere building[/spoiler], and of lower difficulty too...so it's another nice little place to clean up before the big dance.[/font]

[COLOR=Indigo]Another thing you might want to consider Beth is that in the final level of the [spoiler] Urssa Cave Temple, level three, you will be facing Fayt who will be at level 160 and as a boss he will have one of Fayt's strongest battle skills. Etheral Blast. [/spoiler]

You can go ahead and do the first two levels if you've already done the first bonus dungeon like you mentioned, the [spoiler]Maze of Tribulations. [/spoiler] But you might want to save the last level of the [spoiler]Urssa Cave Temple until you are about one-third of the way through the Sealed levels of the Sphere company. [/spoiler]

It's an excellent place for leveling up your characters, since believe me, when you get to the top of those levels, the final bosses will make everything else look like child's play. Anyway, my point for recommending you do part of it before the final level in the [spoiler]Urssa Cave Temple[/spoiler] is that on [spoiler]level 114 you'll pick up the Huge Folio that will teach Fayt the Etheral Blast skill. [/spoiler]

So you might want to do it that way to better prepare your party for the final fight in the [spoiler]Urssa Cave Temple, otherwise, Fayt's a pain in the butt to kill. [/spoiler]

Also the nice thing about the [spoiler]Sealed Sphere levels [/spoiler] is that every time you go up a level, it is locked into the elevator's memory, allowing you to then take the elevator all the way back to the lobby to simply save the game, customize your characters, etc. And then when you're ready you can return to the level you visited instead of having to go through all of them again.

Now as for the final boss in the [spoiler]Maze ofTribulations[/spoiler] I agree, he was a pain in the butt. About the only good thing, well besides finally kicking his butt that is...if you don't get wiped out, all those KO's will start adding up to earn you two battle trophies. The first one where you are Incapacitated 20 times and then eventually the second one where you are Incapacitated 100 times. Sadly I've already earned those battle trophies. XP [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#DAA520][quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma]It was a pathetic sight moments after my fourth loss to [spoiler]Gabriel Celesta[/spoiler'], I just put my head down on my desk and started muttering curses wanting very much to throw the game out the window and pray for an eighteen-wheeler to crush it to next christmas. It's true, the maze is hardly anything to worry about minus two parts, the light sphere hunting on the fourth level (the range those things have on their attack is rediculous) and of course the aforementioned final boss. [/font][/quote]You know, I can drive an eighteen-wheeler. XP Though I've never driven over a game before. lol Anyway, now that I think about it, those light creatures weren't too bad, but then Albel had a tendency to send them flying before they could attack. what got me the most was some shaggy monster that spun and froze things. >_< It wasn't as annoying as angel boy, but it came pretty damn close.

Anyway, it's funny you should mention that strategy Crystia, since after I peeked at my guide I decided to do just what you suggested. Go up far enough to snatch some scrolls to learn battle skills and such and then head for the caves. Especially since I finished transferring my refined boots of prowess from my current weaopns to my new ones that I got in the Maze. Of course I didn't have enough money to do it for my entire party, so I need to clear out some of the levels to earn some fol so I can continue upgrading my stuff.

As well as eventually getting the courage to spend the time needed to go through the [spoiler]sphere company on the Universe level.[/spoiler] So much to do! lol I love it when a game you like has lots of things to play with. ^_^[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#DAA520][quote name='indifference][COLOR=Indigo]Now as for the final boss in the [spoiler]Maze ofTribulations[/spoiler'] I agree, he was a pain in the butt. About the only good thing, well besided finally kicking his butt that is...if you don't get wiped out, all those KO's will start adding up to earn you two battle trophies. The first one where you are Incapacitated 20 times and then eventually the second one where you are Incapacitated 100 times. Sadly I've already earned those battle trophies. XP [/COLOR][/quote]I already got the one for being Incapacitated 20 times when I did the lower levels of the [spoiler]Mosel Ruins.[/spoiler] I remember it quite clearly when it told me I had earned a battle trophy for that. I was sitting there thinking wtf? Seriously those monsters were a pain in the butt.

As for the [spoiler]Maze of Tribulations[/spoiler] I've only completed the first four levels and unlocked the elevator. I haven't started on the next levels yet. I'm happy to finally have access to the Merchant to buy crafting materials though. Now I can make more [spoiler]boots of prowess and refine them to go on my weapons. [/spoiler]

Once I do that I'm going to head for the final boss in that area. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I myself have made it through the maze. It was kind of hard at one point and the souloution was out in the open. I've finished the rest of over 200 floors in Sphere. it wasn't fun towards the end. I 'm wondering what the heck is p with those fuzzball?

I have to buy a new copy though. If they still sell the greatest hits list version.
I've cmpleted every one of the bonus dungeons there were. And i collected over 40% of the battle trophies but I need to get the rest! How do you keep Fayt and the party at level 1 for almost the whole game? That's the requirement for one of those darn trophies!

Has any of you obtained other endings for Fayt? I got the one where [spoiler] he's alone in the forest. [/spoiler] I read somewhere that you can have like up to 9 different endings for Fayt. Has anyone gotten more than 1?

Isn't there another difficulty level after Universe? I got the trophy but I'll be damned!

I couldn't even get to it when I started a new game.

Plus I used the codebreaker for the game. It's pretty cool to get over 3 trophies in 1 battle with those cheat codes. But it didn't unlock any extras.[/COLOR]

Oh speaking of extras, as anyone obtained all of the character's collectible cards for versus play?

[COLOR=Indigo][QUOTE=Premonition][COLOR=DarkRed]And i collected over 40% of the battle trophies but I need to get the rest!

Isn't there another difficulty level after Universe? I got the trophy but I'll be damned![/COLOR][/QUOTE]There is, the 4D level, the hardest one. But you need 195 Battle Trophies (65%) to unlock 4D. If you only have 40% you've got a lot of trophies that you still need to earn since 40% only translates to about 120 of the 195 battle trophies that you need. What you got only unlocks the ability to use the first three different outfits on your characters during battle. Provided you collected the necessary trading card that is. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#DAA520][quote name='Premonition']Oh speaking of extras, as anyone obtained all of the character's collectible cards for versus play?[/quote]I don't have all of them, but I have enough battle trophies that I have access to the first three, so other than Fayt I have all my characters set to a different outfit for the regular battles. I rather like the one for Albel where he has white hair. :catgirl: And Cliff looks good with red hair too.

Anyway, I can see why you recommending going to the [spoiler]sealed levels of the Sphere company [/spoiler] Crystia. Man are those monsters a pain. >_< But it's ridiculously easy to get a bonus battle going and earn triple experience so long as I avoid a couple of the monsters, since some of them are pretty damn quick. I've only cleared five levels and my main characters have gone up over ten levels each. The amount of experience you get is really good, even without the bonus. The only draw back...they hardly drop any money so I'll probably either head to the caves or back to the maze to pick up more money to do more customizing. Now that I'm working with the better weapons it's pretty expensive to spruce things up. And right now I've only got four of the eight slots filled for my main party.

On a funny note, now that the monsters are harder, Albel and Cliff and a couple of the others have been using some sayings in battle that I've never run into before. I still like Albel's standard response when he gets clobbered though. The way he so get so mad and calls them [spoiler]Worms![/spoiler] Still cracks me up. lol [/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma]It was a pathetic sight moments after my fourth loss to [spoiler]Gabriel Celesta[/spoiler'], I just put my head down on my desk and started muttering curses wanting very much to throw the game out the window and pray for an eighteen-wheeler to crush it to next christmas. It's true, the maze is hardly anything to worry about minus two parts, the light sphere hunting on the fourth level (the range those things have on their attack is rediculous) and of course the aforementioned final boss. [/font][/quote]Okay, I have just one thing to say. [spoiler]Gabriel Celesta[/spoiler] makes the final boss of the game look like a complete and total wimp! Good grief if he didn't about kill my party off. I came so close far to many times. That [spoiler]Dragons attack[/spoiler] was an absolute killer. >_< It's so hard to avoid since it covers the entire room just about, and many times it killed off both of my companions leaving me with barely enough life points to even be alive. And what's worse, he uses it a lot!

If I hadn't taken the time to make a lot of [spoiler]resurrection mists and refine them so they recover things better[/spoiler] I would have lost. Those saved the day for me. As well as a bunch of other restorative items. Man and here I was thinking that being close to level 80 was enough. Boy was I wrong...Still at least I didn't die so I won't have to do it again. That would have sucked.

Anyway, in the end I did win so it made the time I spent playing the game earlier today worthwhile. I hate losing and having to return later. lol

One other thing...I didn't have any problems with the light sphere's either BKstyles. But then like SunfallE I had Albel in my party and he kept rushing them and sending them flying. But I did have trouble with the creature she mentions that spins and freezes things. Still Angel boy was far worse.

Later once I've taken a break I'll go and upgrade some of my stuff before heading out to either the first two cave levels or to the sealed ones. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

Guest Demi Fiend
I hate to say it, but if you think [spoiler] Gabriel Celesta [/spoiler] was a pain, your going to hate [spoiler] Fayt + his assistant, which depends on your ending, Lenneth, Ethereal Queen and of course the most annoying boss ever (in my personal view) Freya [/spoiler]. Though defeating [spoiler] Gabriel Celesta [/spoiler] at level 80 is amazing, I couldn?t defeat him until my squad was in the 110?s, even with [spoiler] Shielding Devices [/spoiler] to prevent death by his special attacks, but thats due to me not begin a very good RPG player.

[COLOR=goldenrod]Meh, my party was at about level 95 when I took out [spoiler]Gabriel Celesta[/spoiler] I can't even imagine doing it in the seventies or close to being in the eighties. I got clobbered royally and a couple of times I thought I was going to die. It was sheer luck a few times that my main character survived and could revive the others. >_<

Anyway...I finally got to the level where I got the [spoiler]Etheral Blast[/spoiler] for Fayt. I positively love that attack, though I'm not looking forward to facing it at the end of the caves area. And since it's so easy to get a bonus battle gauge going I've been leveling my party up a bit. As soon as I get closer to level 160 I'm going to go for the final level in the caves. After I refine and add some more of those [spoiler]boots of prowess[/spoiler] to my main characters that is. As well as making more recovery items to replace what I used to defeat Angel boy. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]I suppose that makes my accomplishment something special, lol. Since my victorious team of Maria, Sophia, and Mirage were all level 75 when i took out everyone's favorite maze divinity (of course everyone else in this thread probably came out of the battle in much better shape then I was in terms of how much repair money was needed ;P). Personally, I thought it was rather high in terms of levels at first even when the guide I was reading afterwards suggested levels within the mid eighties. Needless to say my ladies died quite a lot, but with Maria at the helm and Mirage being one of the smartest AIs in my party it was quite a satisfying victory. Sophia always does a good job no matter what the battle is, so I never have to worry about admonishing her afterwards like some other members of my party >.>

Everyone was quite buffed up on synthesized weapons and armor (including three pairs of everyone's favorite boots) and my items were pretty drained afterwards. I'm actually curious now as to how the battle would have went if i were in the mid-eighties to nineties. I havn't actually gone back and done things on 4D difficulty though, or any other difficulty yet. Too many unplayed RPGs still ;P, especially with the release of DoM, Odin Sphere, and the upcoming Persona 3. Plus, I still have to beat Rogue Galaxy.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]does anybody know if their still selling the greatest hits copy of the game? the original was discontinued, then I saw the game for greatest hits. My Heart puonded at that moment. The same when I saw that KH2 is on the greatest hits list.

I'm at the highest level for my characters, level 255. It was a breeze. Currently i'm playing Phantasy Star Universe for the PS2. It has an odd Star ocean feeling to it. the music and futuristc objects gave me that vibe. It's a good game if you like star Ocean, but it doesn't fare that well towards it. Star Oean is my all time fav RPG. KH is catagorized as action adventure so you hought it was my fav, but it's not. even though it is my FAV game of all time.

Albelsmy favorite character. but nothing beats Fayt's dimmension's dor, which is my favorite attack of his.

My stomach rattled when you find out that [spoiler] The galaxy is actually a simulation. But the indepedent thought's give it the hman feel.[/spoiler] fayt's right on that one.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Star Ocean's voice cast wasn't the greatest though.

I always love Luther's evil words![spoiler] Especially when he chants Die! Die! Die! during the cutscene. I like wallow in despair too.[/spoiler] :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Premonition][COLOR=DarkRed]

Star Ocean's voice cast wasn't the greatest though.

I always love Luther's evil words![spoiler] Especially when he chants Die! Die! Die! during the cutscene. I like wallow in despair too.[/spoiler] :catgirl: [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]I disagree actually, I think the voice acting was fantastic. The script was extremely detailed and interesting and the voices themselves were for the most part very fitting. Albel, Nel (Lee ALWAYS does a great job with her females ^^), and Maria I thought were very good. Cliff has a strong sound to him and it fits his personality well, Sophia's fits as well especially for her innocent unknowing girl image.

I agree with you that Luther's is especially good as well, he really sounded like someone who really wanted me dead with a passion, hehe.

The only one i'd say was less than stellar is Mirage, who ultimately sounds like a quiet drone who just doesn't react to anything. It may be here personality for the most part, but I felt they overdid it a little.[/font]

[COLOR=goldenrod]That's right BKstyles...Rub it in! :p I find it slightly amusing that your party is all girls where mine is all guys. lol My party was Fayt, Albel and Cliff. Who by the way do a good job too.

I know what you mean about too many games though since I'm also throwing in some time playing Tales of the Abyss. I haven't even looked at other games since I want to beat Tales before I snag another one. [QUOTE=Premonition][COLOR=DarkRed]does anybody know if their still selling the greatest hits copy of the game? the original was discontinued, then I saw the game for greatest hits. My Heart puonded at that moment. The same when I saw that KH2 is on the greatest hits list.

Star Ocean's voice cast wasn't the greatest though.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Amazon for the win: [URL=http://www.amazon.com/Star-Ocean-Till-End-Time/dp/B0002GTFIK/ref=sr_1_17/002-3370343-4432813?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1180752255&sr=1-17]Star Ocean[/URL] It's reasonably priced at just under twenty bucks.

As for the voice cast, other than a few voices I didn't mind them too much. That and I loved Crispin Freeman as Albel Nox. I love stuff that he does. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod]That's right BKstyles...Rub it in! :p I find it slightly amusing that your party is all girls where mine is all guys. lol My party was Fayt, Albel and Cliff. Who by the way do a good job too.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Heh, all the ladies are pretty much my most valueble party members. Maria, Nel, Sophia, and Mirage can almost always be found working together in some combination since they make up my strongest teams. Cliff is the only guy i'd actually bring into a big time boss battle, he handles himself pretty well and if i ever decide to use him it's even easier. I dislike the way the AI handles Maria and Nel often though. Albel is more like my fun character, I put him in to sustain bonuses or mess around with some poor enemies. Adray pretty much sits in the back and heals my people outside of battle, only because when I put him in he's the laziest damn AI in the world when it comes to attacking. Sophia at least goes to work on an enemy with laser beams, blood scylla, lightning strike, you name it when she isn't healing. Adray does southern cross every now and then >.>. Fayt is on and off for me, when I use him of course things go smoothly but the AI is erratic with him. At times he'll be attacking like a monster, other times he'll be lazy and just be good for nothing but get himself killed...and this is with his HP and MP up.

The best AI by far have to be Mirage, Sophia, and Cliff. They hardly die and they light up the battlefield.[/font]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Actually now that I rethink the voice acting wasn't all that bad. nel's assistants had anoying voices.

I obtained all of Adray's skills, and Southern Cross is my favorite technique.

After finishing most of the secret quests I was left feeling more. For some reason the game feels unfinished for me. it's liike eating pizza, it's great then when your finihsed you feel like something wasn't in ti that would make it better.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]SunfallE, your an awesme person! I thank you for the help!1111!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod]The only character I've had trouble with as far as the AI goes is Nel. I swear, she'd rather die than be bothered to heal herself or anyone else for that matter. >_< I have had problems with characters not attacking, that is until I quit using any weapon that had elemental damage in it since the AI won't attack with a weapon or attack that would heal the enemy instead of damaging it. Once I figured that out pretty much any of them work great for me.

Though I prefer Adray over Sophia. I try to like her, but she gets on my nerves. Every time she levels up and says [spoiler]so that's how you do it...or...looking good if I do say so myself...or...I deserve a medal...[/spoiler] I just want to strangle her.

Anyway I've never had problems with Adray being lazy either. When I use him in my party he's always been good at attacking and healing. The same with Fayt, though the way I have him set he tends to do a combination of direct attacks, symbology and healing. It works pretty good when I'm not controlling him directly.

Besides...Fayt's way cuter than the other guys in the game! ;P Or girls for that matter, though that's not something I really care about. You know, whether or not the girls are cute. lol[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=goldenrod]Ah yes the question of how characters behave when it's the AI. The worst for me has always been Nel, in fact she's so annoying the moment I have another person available I end up switching her out. Then the next ones would be Sophia and Adray. They too like to get in too close and die, though they are a little better at healing themselves and others than Nel is. She just sucks royal at that.

In the end I like controlling Fayt the best with Albel and Cliff fighting. All of them do well and if you give them the ability to heal both Albel and Cliff are great at pulling back when needed to heal themselves or anyone else for that matter.

If I want to control someone who does symbology, then I prefer Adray and Sophia since once you get the skill quick symbol, they make great back line characters to control while you have other more front line characters doing the fighting. When I do that I tend to pick Adray since he casts quicker than Sophia does even if she does have the quick symbol ability.

One thing I have noticed that happens regardless of which characters I'm using is a weird thing where all of them just stand there until the first blow is struck. And I mean that quite literally. They do nothing, all of them. But then once either a monster strikes them or I get in a hit, the battle proceeds like normal. Has anyone else run into that as well?

Anyway...I'm almost to level 140 in the sealed area and my main three are close to level 160, so I'll be heading back to the caves to take on the final boss soon. What I have enjoyed though is getting the scrolls/tomes that teach your characters new moves. It's fun since the characters use different sayings in battle. Take Albel, since I got the double slash of fury he's got several new phrases that crack me up. My favorite being [I]your death won't be an easy one[/I]. lol :catgirl:

So once I've burned through the money I've earned to upgrade my weapons I'll be going for that final boss in the caves, I've already clobbered the other two. That and I want to make more restoration items too. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod]One thing I have noticed that happens regardless of which characters I'm using is a weird thing where all of them just stand there until the first blow is struck. And I mean that quite literally. They do nothing, all of them. But then once either a monster strikes them or I get in a hit, the battle proceeds like normal. Has anyone else run into that as well?

Anyway...I'm almost to level 140 in the sealed area and my main three are close to level 160, so I'll be heading back to the caves to take on the final boss soon. What I have enjoyed though is getting the scrolls/tomes that teach your characters new moves. It's fun since the characters use different sayings in battle. Take Albel, since I got the double slash of fury he's got several new phrases that crack me up. My favorite being [I]your death won't be an easy one[/I]. lol :catgirl: [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Yeah, I get that too. It's annoying. I mean for the most part it doesn't matter, but still I feel like yelling, [I]Move you stupid idiot! [/I] At least it doesn't happen very often. Still...Duh!

Anyway, I've been going through the first part of the sealed levels. Hehe! I just adore the new sayings my characters use. I love Cliff's I'm going to flatten you and Albel's newest one of Beg for mercy just cracks me up! :catgirl: But by far, my favorite move is Fayt's Ethereal Blast. It's so pretty! Once I level up some more I'm going to go after the final boss in the caves too!

Also am I the only one who thinks its a bit lame that the coolest moves aren't available until after you beat the game? I mean I love the better moves. Before I didn't care but now? I really like them. ^_^[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=goldenrod]
Also am I the only one who thinks its a bit lame that the coolest moves aren't available until after you beat the game? I mean I love the better moves. Before I didn't care but now? I really like them. ^_^[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Actually, as much as I love the after-game moves I was and still am quite infatuated with Gravity Bullet and Laser Beams :p. [/font]

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma']Actually, as much as I love the after-game moves I was and still am quite infatuated with Gravity Bullet and Laser Beams :p. [/font][/quote]Well when it comes to before the nifty moves one can get later in the game. I rather liked Fayt's sidekick and the Explosion spell. Oh and Dimension Door is a great one too. And Dragon's Roar. I just like the ones you get later better. Fayt is absolutely adorable with [spoiler]wings[/spoiler] :catgirl: [/COLOR]