Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
In art class, we must make stippling art for the yearly calendar the art class sells. I was in last year's as "supposedly" the best piece in the calendar. I thought it sucked. Anyways, this year's theme is flowers--which I don't like drawing. So I kind of went out of the way of the theme and made this:

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21275&stc=1[/img]

The Knight of the Black Rose. Weee... hey, it has a flower in it so you can't sue me.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]
Meow... pointillism. Never tried it; hurts my eyes to cross them while stipling. Even the outline's done with itsy-bitsy dots! Very good; inspires me to give pointillism another try.

Are they allowed to edit your drawing before putting it in the calendar (assuming that you'll make the cut. Am very sure you will and bag the "most original artwork" along the way)? Am afraid that they'll crop the knight out and leave only the rose.


Love and Peace!
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=deeppink][size=1]I freggin' hate stippling, or pointilism (whichever your prefer calling it). It's so monotonous. However, when done right, it looks really awesome. Yours looks pretty good, although the hand seems a little out of proportion. I liked the shading on the knight's face best. ^.^

-Karma[/size][/color]
Posted
It's the way the stippling made the hand look. If you saw the drawing before I stippled it, you would've seen that it was the best damn hand I've ever drawn in my life and it looked perfectly proportional. Another reason why stippling sucks.

And no, they're not allowed to change my artwork for the calendar.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...