OtakuBoards

Electronic music

John

I just recently started to break further and further away from the main avenue of music I listen to, rock, and have started to find myself becoming increasingly interested in electronic music. Not any of the uber-perky customary techno or, Godforbid, J-pop, but more ambient, mellow house tunes.

Since I've never exactly been anything of a music mogul in the first place, I know of hardly any artists that I think would appeal to me. So here's what's it at: who would you recommend? What kind of electronic artists do you like? Do their names spell anything funny when you rearrange the letters? If not, bugger off.

[size=1]Hey John ~_^

Anyway, a few years ago I got this 'MP3 Studio 2000' program. On it was a sample of electronica/techno type music. So, thats where I first heard it. It's good stuff. What I've heard anyway. I don't especially seek it out, indeed that set of music is all I have, but it is enjoyable. A reaosnabley big Swedish [or thereabouts] group did a fair few of the songs. Their name is Trance Control. They have a website too. Another group I really liked on there was Sister Machine Gun.

But thats all I know, sorry.[/size]

[size=1]A great compilation of artists is a package called:
[b]This Is Trance vol. 3[/b] a three disk set.
Trance music is a favorite of mine.

While not exactly the type of ambiance-heavy amusic you described, it is very different and has at least 30 differant artists.
It retails at about $18.00 U.S.
I'm not sure where to find it in stores, I only saw it at one and scooped up that copy very fast.
I'm sure you could find it online though.

The three CD's are:
[b]d(bass)d vs Decoding Jesus
A Voyage Into Trance
Candy Ravers United[/b]

That's all I have to offer, hope it helps.[/size]