John Posted November 6, 2004 Posted November 6, 2004 I just recently started to break further and further away from the main avenue of music I listen to, rock, and have started to find myself becoming increasingly interested in electronic music. Not any of the uber-perky customary techno or, Godforbid, J-pop, but more ambient, mellow house tunes. Since I've never exactly been anything of a music mogul in the first place, I know of hardly any artists that I think would appeal to me. So here's what's it at: who would you recommend? What kind of electronic artists do you like? Do their names spell anything funny when you rearrange the letters? If not, bugger off.
Baron Samedi Posted November 6, 2004 Posted November 6, 2004 [size=1]Hey John ~_^ Anyway, a few years ago I got this 'MP3 Studio 2000' program. On it was a sample of electronica/techno type music. So, thats where I first heard it. It's good stuff. What I've heard anyway. I don't especially seek it out, indeed that set of music is all I have, but it is enjoyable. A reaosnabley big Swedish [or thereabouts] group did a fair few of the songs. Their name is Trance Control. They have a website too. Another group I really liked on there was Sister Machine Gun. But thats all I know, sorry.[/size]
Corey Posted November 7, 2004 Posted November 7, 2004 [size=1]A great compilation of artists is a package called: [b]This Is Trance vol. 3[/b] a three disk set. Trance music is a favorite of mine. While not exactly the type of ambiance-heavy amusic you described, it is very different and has at least 30 differant artists. It retails at about $18.00 U.S. I'm not sure where to find it in stores, I only saw it at one and scooped up that copy very fast. I'm sure you could find it online though. The three CD's are: [b]d(bass)d vs Decoding Jesus A Voyage Into Trance Candy Ravers United[/b] That's all I have to offer, hope it helps.[/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now