Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Shizumai Katari is the greatest swordsWOMAN of the year 2311. Swordsmanship has become a way of survival, as did in the medieval ages. She goes into space to go into intense martial arts training at a space station -until they hit a black hole- then she is warped back in time to the Meiji Era (think Kenshin's time) where she is mistaken for a rich housewife, Yoko Amei. She then defies the swordsmen and no one knows why "Yoko" is a swordsmaster all of the sudden . She then remembers reading about historic events that happened then, and realizes she was a part of every one of them.
Posted
[color=darkblue]Hm...

Well, the premise is somewhat interesting, but in order for me to get a clear view, I think you should expand a little. Why was she going into space? What exactly is Yoko like? Is she famous for something other than being a rich housewife? How exactly do all these strange things happen? And if Shizumai is in the past, is she going to try to figure out how to get back to her own time?

Also, if you plan to try and turn this into a manga, will it be shounen or shoujo-style? Who do you want it to appeal to?

Some of those questions are more important than others, but I think you may want to answer them so that you can give the people a bit more to base their opinions on, as that's a little short.[/color]
Posted
You should flesh out the story a little. Maybe not the "Oh, I remember reading about this." thing. The character should be confused about this new world. Even in a book I'm reading, Timeline by Micheal Critchon, the characters know the setting, in the middle of the War of the Roses I think, but they are still confused about the setting because they've never really been in the period before.

Second, it sounds like you're going for a Si-Fi plot, but it doesn't stick to facts. I don't think you go back in time when you're sucked into a black hole. So please know what you're writing about before you put it on paper. There are tons of books about the space and time.

It would also be nice if there were more characters, maybe even have love instrest and friendships.

That's my input. I hope your story comes out the way you like it.
Posted
I think it is a very nice plot. I do however think it needs a little more detail. And maybe instead of a blackhole some sort of disruption in the balance of time or some of that nonsense. ( I'm not really that smart^_~)
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...