OtakuBoards

over doing it

fanfaf

I think a lot of anime producers are realy over doing it, I've seen Playing card games for Iniyasha, cowboy bebop, gundam wing you name it, it seems like every anime has a card game. Even if the game sucks they still make it, yeah its all for money, but they realy kill their show like with toys and other stuff like that. Do you follow me?

[size=1][color=red]I've deleted the second half of your post, as it's...not...on topic. If you wish to talk about politics, I suggest doing so in a thread seperate from the one you start about merchandise.

I've also deleted the replies to that half of the post. -Lore[/color][/size]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
Sigh, no one can seem to get over politics nowadays. ;.;

It does tend to get a little annoying seeing everything commercialized. It kind of blunts the fans' liking of the show when it's been shoved down your throat all the time. Not only are people commercializing anime, but they're selling Asia in the process. Now it's cool to decorate with Asian stuff and wear Asian clothes and eat Asian food. Makes me sad.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Xander Harris]I don't mind card games and crap for lots of different Anime series. People must be buying it, or else they wouldn't make it.

What I don't like is when an entire series is structured around selling cards. That's just boardering on absurdity.[/QUOTE][size=1]But at the same time, people enjoy those games as well. My brothers were (are, maybe...I haven't talked to them much over the last few months) big fans of the YuGiOh card game. Card games actually based on shows like that actually seem more legit to me.

My main complaint about merchandising is how it tends to compromise the characters from whatever movie or series it's from. Shy has heard my complaints about Micky Mouse and Snoopy--fine characters, I suppose, but after years and years of merchandising, greeting cards, stationery, cartoons, and whatever else, they've been washed out.

[quote name='Bill Watterson']I don't want some animation studio giving Hobbes an actor's voice, and I don't want some greeting card company using Calvin to wish people a happy anniversary.[/quote]

I love Bill Watterson, heh.

There are some shows and characters that I really enjoy, and I'd love for there to be more (read: any) merchandise out there featuring them. So I understand how big fans of well-commercialized things would be pleased by their accessability. But at the same time, do we really need Sully (Monsters Inc.) featured on bags of chips, or [i]the Incredibles[/i] on canisters of Pringles? Probably not.

once you pop, you just can't stop,
Sara[/size]

[QUOTE=MillenniumChaos][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Now it's cool to decorate with Asian stuff and wear Asian clothes and eat Asian food. Makes me sad.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Wicked!! I'm [i]cool[/i]. Now I can do all the strange things that the other real Asians in my school do which I seem to have a dislike for. Yes, like eat Asian food, wear Asian clothes and take heaps of Asiany sticker photos while doing Asian poses *does the peace sign while smiling cheesily at the camera*
(The previous paragraph was done in sarcasm)

I don't know what the extent of the saturation of commercializing has reached, but here in NZ you literally have animes (2-3 five days a week) that are dedicated to promoting a product. I can't think of the examples because, honestly they aren't worth looking at. It irates me to watch a few seconds of the show because all they do is stand there and say how great the robot/card/thing is and demonstrate the abilities then point at someone else's robot/card/thing and list all of it's abilities then point out how great it is.. the result is that there is no story and unfortunately that particular marketing ploy works. Only temporarily though because it becomes a fad, and we all know that fads don't last.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=fanfaf]I think a lot of anime producers are realy over doing it, I've seen Playing card games for Iniyasha, cowboy bebop, gundam wing you name it, it seems like every anime has a card game. Even if the game sucks they still make it, yeah its all for money, but they realy kill their show like with toys and other stuff like that. Do you follow me?

[size=1][color=red]I've deleted the second half of your post, as it's...not...on topic. If you wish to talk about politics, I suggest doing so in a thread seperate from the one you start about merchandise.

I've also deleted the replies to that half of the post. -Lore[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[B]ya its so freakin annoying Im so tired of seing the .hack casrd games,the inuyasha,the tenchi,the sailor moon and so many more its really pissing me off[/B]

[size=1][color=#ff6600]Please review our rules (located along the lefthand sidebar) and work on improving your posts. This level of quality is not acceptable. -Lore[/size][/color]

As stated, It is called merchandising. And it's not the producers fault. He doesn't say, "I want to make a ______ card game" Someone approaches him and says, "I'll give you ____ to let me make a card game based on that." The producer gets money, and the company makes the product. It's not to annoy you. It's called business.

How on earth could you make a Cowboy bebop card game?! It defies all logic, how does it work, do you have to beat the other card by whistling a jazz tune or something damn right stupid like that? Why don't they just make a "Interesting adverts on tv" card game!?

"My dishwasher does 40 damage to your electric shaver!"
[COLOR=Red]"Not so fast, i evolve my shaver into a loan application!"[/COLOR]
"Oh no, how will get low-cost insurance now!"
[COLOR=Red]"Hahaha, and using my "prime-time" advertise power up card your finished! Now hand over that super rare shiny 1/2 price chicken when you spend over £20 card!"[/COLOR]

It?s a horrid vision of the future

[QUOTE=poo62.2]How on earth could you make a Cowboy bebop card game?! It defies all logic, how does it work, do you have to beat the other card by whistling a jazz tune or something damn right stupid like that? Why don't they just make a "Interesting adverts on tv" card game!?

"My dishwasher does 40 damage to your electric shaver!"
[COLOR=Red]"Not so fast, i evolve my shaver into a loan application!"[/COLOR]
"Oh no, how will get low-cost insurance now!"
[COLOR=Red]"Hahaha, and using my "prime-time" advertise power up card your finished! Now hand over that super rare shiny 1/2 price chicken when you spend over £20 card!"[/COLOR]

It?s a horrid vision of the future[/QUOTE][size=1]http://gkworld.zoovy.com/product/GKW02547

Heh heh heh.

I do like your little game there. I don't understand how a shaver could evolve into a loan application without a bit more detail...maybe something about "Using the no-money down, no payment till 2007" deal on my car, I invest my extra money in..."

Yeah. Heh. Anyway... I don't know if there is actually a [i]card game[/i], buut those are rather innocuous playing cards. For what it's worth.

cream colored ponies,
Sara[/size]